I voted yesterday... No Political statements just asking about the method you chose on casting your ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Op here,

Not sure why the lines are so long here in Florida, maybe because we are a swing state, that everyone is really getting out and making their voice heard... my Friend waiting just right at 4 hours to vote in person yesterday.

No matter how you decide to vote... Please get out and vote. If you don't I still respect your choice... That's what America is all about...

It is such an important liberty, and right that we have here in the United States. How the people before us fought for this right... not just our fore fathers but each time we have fought for freedom, here or across the world...

We enjoy this right, that many people across the world would love to be able to get out and vote and just having a voice.

Nothing like seeing those words... Your Vote has been Counted!!!

I'm confused. Are all you going to the polls and voting early or are you calling mailing in or doing the absentee vote early voting? There isn't early voting in PA that I know of, just mail-in and absentee.

Op here,

Not sure why the lines are so long here in Florida, maybe because we are a swing state, that everyone is really getting out and making their voice heard... my Friend waiting just right at 4 hours to vote in person yesterday.

Might actually be related to the population density for the polling places. In my location in Pennsylvania, I think the longest I've ever waited is 15 minutes. My polling place usually has a few hundred people who vote over the course of the day. We have 8 Districts, which is 8 different polling places (technically there are two "places" in one location). So 7 different physical locations, 8 lines. For a population of around 11,000.

I'm confused. Are all you going to the polls and voting early or are you calling mailing in or doing the absentee vote early voting? There isn't early voting in PA that I know of, just mail-in and absentee.

PA has "early voting" in that you can fill in your ballot and physically walk it to a ballot dropbox, which is what some other states are doing. I've seen this called "early in-person voting" on the state website: https://www.pa.gov/guides/voting-and-elections/

Early voting at the polls.. in person.. here in Winter Garden

Early voting in Louisiana is physically going to a polling place that is only set up for this reason. The regular polls aren't open until Election Day. In my community we go to the courthouse or to a community center they have set up.

You can't get an absentee ballot here without one of 3 excuses, or some such nonsense. My in-laws got them due to their ages.

The only time I vote on Election Day is for the tax issues here and there that pop up that I forget about until day of.

In KS we have advanced in-person voting, no excuse mail-in ballot, absentee ballot and in-person election day voting. Technically my state considers anything but day of election as advanced.

Georgia - Voted in person with the wife on Monday. The whole process took all of 15 minutes tops. I did double check my ballot that printed to make sure it selected my correct choices as a precaution before casting it through the machine. The process was smooth and it was great to see so many people out and exercising their right.

Illinois - Chicago

We had mail in ballots that we walked to the drop box, where they were also doing in-person early voting. Already got an email saying my ballot was received.

Lots of early voting places all over the city.

Kentucky here, voted Saturday in person. Ours was set up just like it is on Election Day. When DH and I arrived we had maybe 2-3 couples ahead of us. Good physical distancing and everyone in masks. It took us 20 minutes or so start to finish. When we left the line was much longer, I'd guess it would take some of those people waiting more like 45 minutes to an hour.

My state requires mail in ballots be notarized. So I'm going to rope drop my polling location on election day.

NC
In-person because our requested and mailed (according to the board of elections office) still haven’t arrived. Requested September 4 mailed by late September. I hi knows where our absentee ballots are!

LOL. No political references on something that is 100% political?

California.
We have mail in ballots.
I will hand carry mine in on election day.
For me this election is all about local issues and candidates. I have a lot of homework to do on state ballot Propositions before I vote. And in a lot of local races, I actually know multiple candidates in races, and I have some thinking to do.

Nationally, we are about to enter challenging times. No matter who wins, a big chunk of America will feel their voices were not heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter