I voted yesterday... No Political statements just asking about the method you chose on casting your ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here if you requested a mail-in ballot you should vote that way. Voting in-person when you've requested a mail-in ballot causes that ballot in-person to be provisional which is then not counted until November 11th. Some people were doing that because they were anxious about getting their mail-in ballots in the mail (which were just mailed on October 14th). The County's board pleaded with people to be patient. If you were wanting your vote to be counted early and so you went and voted in person you actually did the opposite and slowed down the process. 1,000 people already did that unfortunately on the first day of advanced voting....

Anywho we got our ballots a few days ago, haven't completed it yet but we will soon. We'll just drop it off at the Election office but there are more drop boxes added this year 6 of which are at the 6 of the county's library locations for those concerned about mailing the ballots.

Normally we advance vote in-person (usually in and out in about 5mins-10mins) but this year we took advantage of the county sending mail-in applications to every registered voter and filled them out for both the August election and for this upcoming November one. We can track our ballots online.

Looking at the news stories advanced voting (opened up this past Saturday) was attended by a good amount of people on the first day, videos reflected social distancing was being completed fairly well, people were wearing masks, etc.

I was so peeved off at myself when I realized my ink was blue for that reason. :( I want to be counted on election day. :( Stupid mistake on my part.

Not a fan of either candidate so sitting this one out.
On our ballot for this November is a measure to remove an asinine, archaic alcohol law. Seriously the law is from the 1880s.............

“Shall the sale of alcoholic liquor by the individual drink be allowed in public places without a requirement that any portion of their gross receipts be from sales of food?”

Presently an establishment is required to have 30% of it's gross sales in food by law in order to sell by individual drink. There's a local brewery company which hires out a food truck to make this work, another one partners with a business within the same shopping district (a pizza place) and so on.

Not everything on one's ballot is strictly about who the president is. This time around for me it's also about Judges, the one question about alcohol sales, county commissioner (which is actually going to be a very important vote this time around), State rep for my district (also very important), Senator and more.

Coloardo-we have had vote by mail for close to 20 years for the entire electorate. Ballots are mailed 30 days prior to the election, you can return by mail, at a ballot drop box or in person on election day. ballots returned by mail or drop box must have a signature matching that on your voter registration to count.

We return ours to a guarded drop box on the military installation we work on and track on line to ensure they are received and counted. This is not a new for COVID procedure for us-its how it always gets done.
Same here. We've been wondering what all the hullabaloo was about as the nation freaked out over mail-in voting when it has been the norm in Colorado for years and years.

NV- mailed and received

Here we’re fortunate that there are as many voting locations during early voting as on the day of and you can go to any you choose. I’ve voted in my gym parking lot, Home Depot parking lot, grocery store parking lot, libraries, schools, YMCA etc. You would be hard pressed not to come across a polling place in your daily travels. I’ve never waited more than 30 mins but usually it’s in and out in 15mins including the check in/signature match. (The longest part is checking off all those judges that run unopposed.) I haven’t voted on Election Day in more than a decade. I was shocked to see some places with huge counties only have one.

On dropping ballots off for others, I didn’t think that was legal. Maybe it depends on your state/county.

I was so peeved off at myself when I realized my ink was blue for that reason. :( I want to be counted on election day. :( Stupid mistake on my part.
OMG I almost did the same thing back for the August election. We have more blue than black ink (I think it's because the black pens get lost around the house more frequently) and I was like "wait a minute...what color ink is this?"

I'm sorry about your oops :( I'm sure you're not alone in it :hug:

Maryland
Applied for mail in ballot on line beginning of September
Received ballot beginning of October
voted and dropped off at county Board of Elections middle of October
Received online confirmation my ballot was accepted a day later

My voting experience was exactly the same but I live in PA. We do not have early in person voting.

Another difference that some people mentioned doing, we cannot turn in a ballot for anyone else unless they sign the envelope certifying that they are disabled.

I was shocked to see some places with huge counties only have one.
I think most of those statements are simple misunderstandings of the situation.

For example, in our county (a little less than 3 million), we had only two dropoff sites until yesterday -- County Hall and the elections office -- or you could mail your ballot.

But yesterday Early Voting started -- through Nov 1, I believe. We have 33 Early Voting locations and mail ballots may be dropped off at any of those. On election day, we have hundreds of voting precincts -- so there are abundant opportunities to vote.

On dropping ballots off for others, I didn’t think that was legal. Maybe it depends on your state/county.
We can drop off for others. When I dropped mine, I showed my drivers license and my envelope was stamped "SELF," indicating that I had personally dropped it off. The other two ballot envelopes (DW and DD) were marked indicating that I had dropped them off.

Our mailing envelopes have a signature box, and our signatures are compared to our signature on file before the envelopes are even opened. The envelopes also have contact info, so if there is any question on your signature, the Elections Office will contact you.

Coloardo-we have had vote by mail for close to 20 years for the entire electorate. Ballots are mailed 30 days prior to the election, you can return by mail, at a ballot drop box or in person on election day. ballots returned by mail or drop box must have a signature matching that on your voter registration to count.

I'm so glad we don't have that requirement in my state. I don't think my signature has ever looked the same twice.

NV- mailed and received

Here we’re fortunate that there are as many voting locations during early voting as on the day of and you can go to any you choose. I’ve voted in my gym parking lot, Home Depot parking lot, grocery store parking lot, libraries, schools, YMCA etc. You would be hard pressed not to come across a polling place in your daily travels. I’ve never waited more than 30 mins but usually it’s in and out in 15mins including the check in/signature match. (The longest part is checking off all those judges that run unopposed.) I haven’t voted on Election Day in more than a decade. I was shocked to see some places with huge counties only have one.

It’s called a ballot bearer and on our ballots there is a signature required on the outside envelope.

Arizona - my husband and I received our ballots last Monday, filled them in and sent them on Friday. I just checked the website and they have already been accepted.

Just a side note. I can remember election day when I was a little girl. My grandpa would get dressed in his finest suit just to go to the poll to vote and he would stay at the poll throughout the day talking to friends. He knew how precious our voting rights are.

I'm so glad we don't have that requirement in my state. I don't think my signature has ever looked the same twice.
I read up on this because my ballot had my full middle name on it and I usually sign with my middle initial. I got super paranoid and wasn’t sure how to sign. They compare loops etc. and take into account signatures change over time. They will also compare to DMV signature if they’re not sure and worst case, they contact you and can re-sign. When I went to sign mine it said “signature(s)” on file so I was good signing either way.
It’s called a ballot bearer and on our ballots there is a signature required on the outside envelope.
As mentioned above ours had always been for disabled but I just looked it up and that was changed just this year.

NO Political Reference's, Innuendos, side bar snide remarks... NO discussion on the candidates either way...
This is just to see how other folks across our great nation, decided on which method they choose to cast their ballot.

Early voting opened early in Florida yesterday, and I went in person to vote, 3 hours 30 minutes to cast my ballot, and see the words your vote has been counted... Yay.. DH took his ballot to the supervisor of elections office, very close to where he works, he wanted to vote in person but working in essential service, he doesn't have time to do it, so he did it with the drop off... Yay.. so we are all done...

Everyone was very nice, standing in line, talking, and passing the time... and most of all everyone was respectful to each other... Everyone was wearing mask, and social distancing... For the most part I think people where prepared ahead of time, and knew the ballot, and were ready to vote...

What State do you live in...

Have you voted yet? method you choose to vote?

If you haven't voted yet.... what method are you going to use?...
NY I will be voting in person on Election Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!