I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I knew someone here would have the answers!

Of course I meant “AirBnB” in my post, not “Uber.” I think I was thinking UR and got U[be]r. I’m glad you and others overlooked that and got my point.

Looking at AirBnB gift cards at Kroger and breaking it down a la @Lain , if you bought a $500 gc during a 4x promo that would give you 2k points-- enough for 2x35 gallon fill ups at 1$ off. Assuming you have a 5% card of some sort (CF, Discover, BCP) there's another $25. So, a savings of like 19%?

Although for me personally it can be a hassle trying to max out the 35g because I only have a 16 gallon tank in my car so that can be a hassle.

For all you parents and grandparents of little kids, Amex has $10 of $40 at Etsy back. We've been able to get some really cute dresses from Etsy - I love the Belle dress that is Belle's everyday blue and white dress. We got it for the 2 year old for the last trip and it should fit the youngest when we go in November. I wish I knew how to link the pic from the Disney site of Belle holding her in World Showcase - for this Grandma it was definitely worth it!

Looking at AirBnB gift cards at Kroger and breaking it down a la @Lain , if you bought a $500 gc during a 4x promo that would give you 2k points-- enough for 2x35 gallon fill ups at 1$ off. Assuming you have a 5% card of some sort (CF, Discover, BCP) there's another $25. So, a savings of like 19%?

Although for me personally it can be a hassle trying to max out the 35g because I only have a 16 gallon tank in my car so that can be a hassle.

Good tips! Tagging @trenty.

For all you parents and grandparents of little kids, Amex has $10 of $40 at Etsy back. We've been able to get some really cute dresses from Etsy - I love the Belle dress that is Belle's everyday blue and white dress. We got it for the 2 year old for the last trip and it should fit the youngest when we go in November. I wish I knew how to link the pic from the Disney site of Belle holding her in World Showcase - for this Grandma it was definitely worth it!
OMG I got this one! Guess who's finally buying that Disney "Home" sign.... https://www.etsy.com/listing/470737683/welcome-to-our-home-with-disney-castle

Thanks so much calypso!

Of course...because I was going to use it. Seems to be how it goes...I jump on board and the gravy train ends. :(
Maybe the savings will still be greater than the fee.

That makes two of us. I was going to use this method for the big family trip. Ugh. Looks like I’ll just bank bonus my way to pay for the flights.

So my one question with the Alaska trick, assuming (being optimistic) it is still worthwhile after the fee, is what if the flight isn’t showing on the UR site? I ask because the flights I wanted yesterday wouldn’t show up on where for me. I wonder if it was because they were like 30 hour flights with the overnight layover and following evening departure for 2nd leg. Seems awful for most people but would be great for us with the toddler.

You can always call the peeps at UR travel and give them the flight numbers.

We have a similar issue with the flights in terms of layover. I decided we’d extend the connection or book multi city and stop in Disneyland on the way over and in the way back.

Oohhhhh, this is genius! Y’all are the best! So I wonder if I should do this now to “transfer” points to Alaska before the fee starts. Softer I cancel the “flight” can the points just sit in the Alaska account til I want to use them?

I don’t know for certain when they will start implementing the fee. I believe that the My Wallet credits do expire. Unless I knew for certain that I’d be be booking the real flights in less than a year I'd book an expensive non refundable dummy flight with UR and then follow Travel Codex's instructions and those on Flyertalk to cancel. That isn't the case for me as I do not anticipate booking for Hawaii until 2019 for travel in 2020. I will likely bank bonus my way to paying for them.

I'd want to run it by @calypso726 before doing this as she has more experience. Keep in mind that funds in your Alaska wallet do expire, I believe, in one year.

Haven't done it yet and until @Albort chimed in with the bad news about the Alaska changes I did not know this feature was on the chopping block. I did read about the new basic economy they are going to start but missed the no fee outside of 60 days cancellation part. I'd defer to the more recent blog posts from the various travel hackers and DPs on Flyertalk. Getting lie flat first international flights in first using partner airlines for multiple countries and getting Singapore Suites is easy peasy. Plan A always seems to work. Getting myself and family to Hawaii, a freaking headache requiring a Plan A, B C :headache:

You can always call the peeps at UR travel and give them the flight numbers.

We have a similar issue with the flights in terms of layover. I decided we’d extend the connection or book multi city and stop in Disneyland on the way over and in the way back.

When you extended for DL how did you do that? Still book it as all one flight somehow or booked the 2 segments separately? I’d like to DL on the way if I’m not going to get aulani on the trip.

:offtopic:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/515322853/this-is-my-family-i-found-it-all-on-my?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=stitch disney sign&ref=sr_gallery-1-1

Ok, I need input. I want to get my BFF's a Stitch sign for their anniversary--they are obsessed with all things Stitch. I am so drawn to this one over the "Ohana means family" quote especially because they are family of 3 but the part where it says "and broken" feels insulting, LOL. Do I
a) Modify the quote so it reads "This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little <omitting "and broken">, but still good. Yeah, still good."
B) go with the typical "Ohana means family"
c) leave it as it ?

:offtopic:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/515322853/this-is-my-family-i-found-it-all-on-my?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=stitch disney sign&ref=sr_gallery-1-1

Ok, I need input. I want to get my BFF's a Stitch sign for their anniversary--they are obsessed with all things Stitch. I am so drawn to this one over the "Ohana means family" quote especially because they are family of 3 but the part where it says "and broken" feels insulting, LOL. Do I
a) Modify the quote so it reads "This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little <omitting "and broken">, but still good. Yeah, still good."
B) go with the typical "Ohana means family"
c) leave it as it ?

Cute! I vote A. It would be weird to leave the "broken" in there.

Good tips! Tagging @trenty.

Sadly, no Kroger near me. But this does give me an idea. I can see if my local grocery stores have AirBNB gift cards. I have the Discover It so I would get back 5%. Then I can use whatever cash back I have saved up to pay for the gift cards.

Thanks.

Sadly, no Kroger near me. But this does give me an idea. I can see if my local grocery stores have AirBNB gift cards. I have the Discover It so I would get back 5%. Then I can use whatever cash back I have saved up to pay for the gift cards.

Thanks.

ink card? gives u some nice 5x returns +CSR's 1.5x. Staples

@Lain - I am looking at the Delta Airbnb site. If I book through them, would I be able to use a gift card (purchased at a grocery store) for payment?

Thinking about signing up for the Chase bank bonuses this week, but I am a little worried about the Direct Deposit requirement. I have tried to read up on Doc of Credit, but the only bank account we currently have is our local credit union. Any advice?

I have problems with that too in general. DH's workplace is terrible about changing direct deposits. So I used a state tax refund for my Chase bank account bonus, but it looks like it hasn't been deposited yet. I'm going to keep that avenue in mind for the future in terms of timing bank bonus applications. I can say that the verification trial deposits from Wells Fargo and Discover bank have not triggered the bonus (those just happened in the past week so I don't know if it's just too early to say). Maybe I'll try a $10 deposit from Wells Fargo since that worked for me last time I did a Chase bank bonus.

I've sold some gift cards on Raise and they offer an ACH direct deposit. You do have to provide your SSN, DOB, Chase account number just like you would have to with an employer for direct deposit. I'm a bit twitchy about all the data security breaches (I know my info is probably out there somewhere anyway by now between all the companies that get hacked day after day) so I haven't decided how to cash out my payments yet. But that could possibly work as a direct deposit source.

I agree it can be a bit of a hassle. DH and I go to the Kroger gas station when the stars align and we are both close to empty. We park on both sides of a pump, using that one pump for both cars. That way, I can usually get 16 gallons and he can usually get about 12.

I will share that we did this last night, with all sorts of issues because the pump itself wasn't recognizing our loyalty number and the associated fuel points. The nice attendant was able to pull them up on her screen though, so it worked out, but we had to first prepay on the pump for how much gas we estimated we would need. I saw this morning that there is a $150 preauthorization hold on my SPG Biz AX for this! Anyhow, we don't usually run into this kind of problem.

Also my problem. I can usually only put 13ish gallons in mine, because I don't like the tank to get too low. So I always calculate off of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter