I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today DH has SPG biz and personal in his wallet... he's charging things on the personal. :sad2: This is why I label. I should have taken it away when we got home last night!

30k spendings for SPG gold is just that much closer!!! :D
i made $33k spendings on card anniversary... but only 10k on calendar year. :(

dumb credit card moment of the day yesterday....:eek: I went grocery shopping yesterday,still hadn't rearranged the proper cards in my wallet before going.....when I went to pay, no Discover IT(10%!!!) no freedom (5%!!!) ack. so I had to settle for the FrU at 1.5%....... definitely first world problems here!!!! At least it wasn't a huge shopping......:bitelip:
I added Discover and Freedom to my Apple wallet since my most frequent grocery stop is Aldi and they have Apple Pay. Stinks to forget the “right” card.

I think I remember someone talking about ordering their pet food online and stacking discounted gift cards/shopping portals... was that here? I have a question about Petco's program if so :)

Sadly, no Kroger near me. But this does give me an idea. I can see if my local grocery stores have AirBNB gift cards. I have the Discover It so I would get back 5%. Then I can use whatever cash back I have saved up to pay for the gift cards.

Thanks.
Discover also has AirBNB GCs to Buy with cashback bonus. $100 GC for $90

:offtopic:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/515322853/this-is-my-family-i-found-it-all-on-my?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=stitch disney sign&ref=sr_gallery-1-1

Ok, I need input. I want to get my BFF's a Stitch sign for their anniversary--they are obsessed with all things Stitch. I am so drawn to this one over the "Ohana means family" quote especially because they are family of 3 but the part where it says "and broken" feels insulting, LOL. Do I
a) Modify the quote so it reads "This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little <omitting "and broken">, but still good. Yeah, still good."
B) go with the typical "Ohana means family"
c) leave it as it ?
A or B, you're instinct was right on c, that's the same vibe I got from it. As to if A or B is better you know your BFF's so what's your gut say at first glance? And then go with that one!

Last edited:
Applied for my first business card (CIP) yesterday, followed flow chart, called the number and they told me I won’t be approved unless I can prove my business is registered with the state. I’m a sole proprietor and should have just put my name instead of the name of the business (now I know). So my choices are to register a dba with the state (which I don’t want to do/pay for) or reapply under my given name. If I reapply it will be another inquiry, but my credit score is excellent and I won’t need another card for about 6 months. Advice for a newbie?

Applied for my first business card (CIP) yesterday, followed flow chart, called the number and they told me I won’t be approved unless I can prove my business is registered with the state. I’m a sole proprietor and should have just put my name instead of the name of the business (now I know). So my choices are to register a dba with the state (which I don’t want to do/pay for) or reapply under my given name. If I reapply it will be another inquiry, but my credit score is excellent and I won’t need another card for about 6 months. Advice for a newbie?
I would just wait the 30 days and reapply.

"Up to 4,000 bonus points are waiting for you.
And so are all the places you can use them.
Activate now to earn 1,000 bonus points each time you make a purchase of at least $2,000 from April 15, 2018, through June 30, 2018"

Thanks but no thanks, Southwest! I have zero $2000+ purchases in my future.

"Up to 4,000 bonus points are waiting for you.
And so are all the places you can use them.
Activate now to earn 1,000 bonus points each time you make a purchase of at least $2,000 from April 15, 2018, through June 30, 2018"

Thanks but no thanks, Southwest! I have zero $2000+ purchases in my future.
We got that. Pretty bad. And it seems to mean 2k in one purchase, not 2k total purchase. Umm no.

Bad news: you're locked out for the next 30 days from
Good news: apply again after 30 days using your own name & you don't need to deal with that dba stuff
It's a basic newbie mistake so rest assured you aren't the only one. Alas, there is no fixing it. You'll have to wait for the app to be removed from their system and then put in a clean application using your name as the business name.

When you extended for DL how did you do that? Still book it as all one flight somehow or booked the 2 segments separately? I’d like to DL on the way if I’m not going to get aulani on the trip.

I haven’t done it yet. I know that on an award booking AS will allow stop overs. I was checking out the flight schedules and pricing on paid tickets and I saw that the multi city costs were not very different in pricing from the straightforward round trip which had the crazy long layover. Might as well break up the trip with some time in Disneyland.

On another note, I did pick up a Marriott hotels and flights package in order to get 120k AS miles. DH picked one up as well. We are working on each of us getting a second one too. While I don’t plan on using the AS miles or 7 night hotel certificate for Hawaii, it may be a good option for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!