I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up this morning to an overnight approval of my SW biz premier card! This is my second SW biz card on my way to getting the CP, so I'm pretty excited. I hope it comes quickly - I have an $1800 tree removal bill to pay and would love to put it on this card. The joys of living in an older home, lots of big trees dying on my property.

Would Walmart work for this or no? That’s where we normally get our groceries. Otherwise we have Publix.

Also, we have until the end of January. Would it be worth it to wait until I get my CIP and hope there is a staples deal on VGCs?
I think the main idea here is to get one at a store that doesn't send L3 data to AmEx, since you are in your MSR period, and allows you to buy VGC/MCGC with a credit card. Office supply stores are out since they send L3 data, and generally grocery stores don't.

Check your Walmart purchases on the activity tab and see what's there. Use the old interface - https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60798905

But I'm always up for easy, so I'd probably wait and see since you have time and doesn't seem like you absolutely need it for the AmEx MSR.

I think the main idea here is to get one at a store that doesn't send L3 data to AmEx, since you are in your MSR period, and allows you to buy VGC/MCGC with a credit card. Office supply stores are out since they send L3 data, and generally grocery stores don't.

Check your Walmart purchases on the activity tab and see what's there. Use the old interface - https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60798905

But I'm always up for easy, so I'd probably wait and see since you have time and doesn't seem like you absolutely need it for the AmEx MSR.
I think we’ll either buy them at Publix with the BBP or just wait until I get a CIP and do it with that instead

Keep the Plat as an ice scraper. 👍

Keep in mind the Gold card comes with a $100 airline incidental fee credit annually. The airline credit is harder to use now that airline gift cards are off the table, but there are still ways to bank it if you don’t have a flight coming up, where you’d upgrade seats or check in bags. It’s triple dip season right now, so if you go for the Gold card in the next week or two, you’ll have a $100 credit to use before the end of the year, which resets 1/1/20, and a third $100 credit starting 1/1/21 before you’re billed a second AF. Essentially you’d get $300 in airline credits (not to mention those monthly $10 food credits) on 1x $250 AF if you decide to cancel the card after the second AF is billed. If you decide to keep the card, the Gold card is a solid MR earner and triple dipping won’t matter as much.

Any tips on how exactly to use those credits? Trying to figure out how to spend down my remaining credit on the Plat.

Awesome! Thank you. I do like the flexibility of the Saaver, but for almost half price it might just be worth it, specially since there are 4 of us.
Are the planes from your airport the smaller American planes. That might have some affect on availablity. I also think web specials are here to stay. It’s just hard to predict how long they’ll be offered for a particular flight.

So, P2 and I are working on the SW CP for 2020/2021. P2 was approved for the Chase SW Performance Biz in October. I referred P2 to the Chase SW Priority card last week and he got the "we'll let you know" message. A call to the status line gives the 7-10 day message. I feel like that's bad. P2 is not breaking any 5/24 or other rules we're aware of. Are we doomed?

Re the gold, if I can figure out a way to triple dip the airline credit I may just go for it. Seems like it would be a keeper card for me if the airline credits are useful. Also thinking it would be a good au card for dd.
I am also contemplating getting the Gold and am interested in how to use SW for the airline credit.
Any tips on how exactly to use those credits? Trying to figure out how to spend down my remaining credit on the Plat.

This should get you looking in the right direction.

So, P2 and I are working on the SW CP for 2020/2021. P2 was approved for the Chase SW Performance Biz in October. I referred P2 to the Chase SW Priority card last week and he got the "we'll let you know" message. A call to the status line gives the 7-10 day message. I feel like that's bad. P2 is not breaking any 5/24 or other rules we're aware of. Are we doomed?

It could just be identify verification (best case scenario). Or credit limit or velocity issues. Is P2's total Chase credit limits more than 50% income or more than $70-80k? Does he have other Chase cards and when did he open them?

@hulagirl - I want to say thank you for getting me to look at the Grand Wailea. Flights and hotel are now booked for spring break.

We had planned on spending spring break in Tahoe because my DD wanted to play in snow (and “all” her classmates are going), and I even had the Ritz Carlton booked; but after we got drenched with freezing rain at Disneyland over Thanksgiving, DW and I decided that was enough cold and wet for us this season. I don’t think DD will mind.

It could just be identify verification (best case scenario). Or credit limit or velocity issues. Is P2's total Chase credit limits more than 50% income or more than $70-80k? Does he have other Chase cards and when did he open them?
No on the credit limits being more than 50% income or more than $70-$80k. Other than the SW Priority biz, he's just an AU on my Chase cards.

No on the credit limits being more than 50% income or more than $70-$80k. Other than the SW Priority biz, he's just an AU on my Chase cards.

For 5/24 have you counted the AU cards? You can either wait for the letter or you (well P2) can call to find out what the issue is. You can start with the general number (back of card) then decide if you want/need to call the recon line.

Heads up for anyone going to WDW in January (@SouthFayetteFan and @wendow , maybe?) - DHS hours were extended through the end of the month to 8 am opens plus 2 hour EMHs on Sunday evenings. I managed to switch my RnR FP to SDD for the 2nd day of my trip.
Thanks! We had to switch our trip to early Feb but maybe they’ll keep extending. Nice on getting SDD!

I was in Phoenix for a day in August and thought I would die. I wouldn't hike in the middle of the day here, but I usually don't have a problem getting out and running errands during the late afternoon. I hate cold, I hate heat lol

We have bats. I don't know how they are out at Lost Pines, but because of the bats our mosquito population is almost non-existent. While you should bring bug spray, you likely won't need near as much as you would in Houston. I always have to remind myself to pack it when we go visit family. Mine stays in softball wagon because that's the only time we ever need to use it, away softball games.
I was thinking about more than mosquitoes but good to know y’all don’t have many.
Lyme disease is really spreading in TX so I feel any hiking there in woods warrants protective clothing and bug spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter