I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I had to shift my whole trip one day since the prices were well above what I thought, Flights out were 10k back were 30k+ and odd times, however with moving some dates by one day got a direct flight back and it was 17k back instead of 30k. However it was tricky as I had a POP booking and a AOA Nemo Suite booking but the AOA one was free one so I was not sure they would move it since it would increase the cost since Thursday/Friday/Saturday was $100 more than Friday/Saturday/Sunday but they did it no questions asked!
Glad it worked out for you and they could change your dates! Our return home is a Sunday and I looked Friday thru Monday and nothing better. I mean there’s the 2 pm flight that gets home at 1 am for 14k points, really tempted by that one.

Just catching up here, but I have to say that I'm in awe of the way you think about these things and come up with great ideas. I'm saving this one...

With semi-regular deals on VGCs at Safeway, Office Depot/Max, and Staples, the fee can be as low as 0% or a small moneymaker before credit card category bonuses. However, liquidating other than via organic spend around these parts is the harder part.

Where were you 100 pages ago when everyone told me to get a Bosch? lol I didn't like the price and I was really worried about the loading ability of the Bosch. My mom has one and I hate loading it, the dishes just don't fit right. But everyone here convinced me to get a Bosch. lol This Maytag is nice and simple with evenly spaced rows all around just like the one I have now.
So sorry, I may have been in a work vacuum back then. I probably wouldn't have chimed in negatively on Bosch anyway because I am generally a fan of German engineering and thought mine was a lemon.
We also had a Bosch that we hated, but when we replaced it the install guy for the new Kitchenaid machine said it wasn;t installed correctly, so I can;t say if it was Bosch or the install that was bad for us.
I gave serious consideration to a Kitchenaid but my boss at the time had spent serious time and money into a complete kitchen remodel and was having a lot of unresolved issues with his KA appliances and service. Sounds like you are happy with your choice.?
piping in here.
My first was born in 93 and I was told about the no lunch meats back then. I probably still ate some occasionally.
We do buy the precooked Johnsonville, the Turkey ones, with Cheese. Super yummy. But I still think the uncooked one, cooked on the grill are the best LOL.
I buy the French's crispy Jalapenos at Target in a little bucket. Probably not as cheap as Aldi or Costco, but it lasts him quite awhile.
The last couple of times I have picked up Johnsonville they have been super salty. I'm not sure I'm a fan anymore.
Where are these sold at Costco? Frozen or on the shelf?
I was going to ask this too, see @wendow responded. I will definitely be looking for these.

My Niece's and DD's college tuition bills just came in. I am so unhappy that both schools charge 3% for a credit card payment. That would be some MAJOR spend. LOL. Anyway...it's the last bill for DD. She's graduating in May. I'm just praying for a job right out of school or soon thereafter, so she doesn't move back into my house. I don't think our relationship can stand that.
Any decent cc bonus will get you more than 3% back...

Didn’t get a decent retention offer for P2’s plat so we canceled this morning. Now he’s trying to figure out how exactly to destroy that card. I think he’s actually having fun with it. :jester:

Thanks again for all the step by step instructions on the process, @Lain. Now I’m trying to decide if I should apply for the gold card. Not sure if I want to give up one of my personal slots. I’m 3/24 now and don’t have a card falling off until next October.
Hahaha! If he hits a wall just chat Amex & they’ll send you a postage paid envelope to return to them for destruction.

It could just be identify verification (best case scenario). Or credit limit or velocity issues. Is P2's total Chase credit limits more than 50% income or more than $70-80k? Does he have other Chase cards and when did he open them?
I didn't know that was an issue, I can't pass that test. Sounds like I need to take action before applying for my next SW card.?

This morning I am not pleased with my DVC administrators. They've reallocated points costs again and this time a week in November starting 2021 in a standard studio will cost 90 points versus 76. These changes are always made because the members supposedly 'requested' them. The excuse is that we will be able to use our points for other seasons more cheaply and increase availability. Yeah, fat chance I'm going in hot as hades August or September instead of November. It costs me a day extra per trip. To compensate, I will be in a constant state of borrowing in. Yes, there are probably people screaming that they couldn't get their dates last week and at other times, but that is what we purchased. I'll still be trying to book early to mid November regardless of the point cost as that is my preferred time and what made me want to own DVC. I will not purchase more points. I will not sell. I also know that November is popular because Disney chose to put a marathon right there to increase bookings overall, and that Jersey week is going to be in that time frame and that many DVC members love the marathons - I don't participate but I think they are awesome when I see groups displaying their shirts and medals and feeling pride.

But but but - it was a quiet time years ago. Now not so much.
That's a significant difference. I don't think I have seen that big of an adjustment before. The DVC boards have to be lit up over that. I'll have to stop in to see where they reallocated from. We for the most part go in late spring and the fall so we will probably feel it also.

I didn't know that was an issue, I can't pass that test. Sounds like I need to take action before applying for my next SW card.?

Look over the credit lines on all your Chase cards, decide how much you actually need. If you plan to PC any of the cards, know that you need to keep at least $5k to open or PC to a Visa Signature branded card (like the CSP) and $10k to open or PC to a Visa Infinite branded card (like the CSR), or have enough available credit on another card to move to the card you want to PC. You can move credit between biz<>biz and personal<>personal, not biz<>personal. Send a SM to Chase with a request to lower your credit line on the card(s) you want it on.

I gave serious consideration to a Kitchenaid but my boss at the time had spent serious time and money into a complete kitchen remodel and was having a lot of unresolved issues with his KA appliances and service. Sounds like you are happy with your choice.?
Yes, we have been very happy with it. It does have a 3rd rack, which we have found doesn;t really get clean, so we remved it and just use the 2 racks.

Greetings from the PHL Centurion lounge! Our flight to Frankfurt has been delayed 30 minutes, so we’re still here. Darn crowded in the back part with the comfy chairs but there is plenty of space in the bar/food/table front section.

I don’t know how much I’ll be able to check in while we’re in India. We’re supposed to have WiFi at all the hotels 😊This is a non-points-redemption trip, but I will still share stuff about our trip later!

Have a fantastic trip!!!

With semi-regular deals on VGCs at Safeway, Office Depot/Max, and Staples, the fee can be as low as 0% or a small moneymaker before credit card category bonuses. However, liquidating other than via organic spend around these parts is the harder part.

Yep, that's why we haven't bothered even trying those GCs. That plus the fraud concerns just push them into the "too much trouble" category at the moment. As we move towards more category spend, though, I can see this coming into play more.

I had no idea they made those. I remember the crispy onions from my Mom's green bean casserole and had no idea there were other products out there.

Well I’m calling it quits, I recall someone saying @PolyRob was playing at The World, @SouthFayetteFan has to sleep at least one day a week... got any Netflix that needs binging?
I’m sitting here running DHS agenda ideas over and over and over again. RotR has me all sorts of messed up...and truth be told I shouldn’t even do these agendas until Marathon weekend when I can see what normal Jan ops look like but yet here I am. I’m just trying to make sure that the FPs I booked are what I want while I still have flexibility to adjust them.

Woke up this morning to an overnight approval of my SW biz premier card! This is my second SW biz card on my way to getting the CP, so I'm pretty excited. I hope it comes quickly - I have an $1800 tree removal bill to pay and would love to put it on this card. The joys of living in an older home, lots of big trees dying on my property.
Tell me your strategy for getting the CP with two biz cards? Will Chase let you get both? I applied for this card today also. Thanks!

Our next Japan vlog:

It’s taking awhile but we’re getting them done lol

Great vlog! I really enjoyed this one. Thank you for sharing it. If we ever do get to plan that trip to Japan I'll definitely be watching your videos again.

Where my late night peeps at??? I’m wide awake for some reason

I'm still here! I was busy watching your video. It's not really all that late here, so I'm still up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter