• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yup, @Chancery8 posted about it above, and it's already on the DISchurners News thread.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

Well said...:)

I'm going to be the dissenter here. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Is the difference of 20 or 40k (since I'm on Citi AA #2) enough for me to lose the potential of 53K (x how many)? No, not really. I have plans for those miles and I'd prefer eyes to not be on my account. Everyone plays the game differently though.

Earning MR's - I have the Rose Gold which earns 4X at restaurants. My statement just closed but I noticed that I only had 1X on our mother's day lunch. Now I can't see the detail since the statement closed.

Am I missing a spot where I can check to see if I was credited at 4X points after I last checked? I'm going to call them but if I already got 4X, I won't have to bother.

Lunch was $120. I got 120MR's. Stopped for food a day later at a fast food place and was credited 4X.
The charge was clearly labeled restaurant/café.

I haven't been closely watching my credits except for my offers, and I've had 1 offer not credit, so now I'm starting to pay attention.

Earning MR's - I have the Rose Gold which earns 4X at restaurants. My statement just closed but I noticed that I only had 1X on our mother's day lunch. Now I can't see the detail since the statement closed.

Am I missing a spot where I can check to see if I was credited at 4X points after I last checked? I'm going to call them but if I already got 4X, I won't have to bother.

Lunch was $120. I got 120MR's. Stopped for food a day later at a fast food place and was credited 4X.

I haven't been closely watching my credits except for my offers, and I've had 1 offer not credit, so now I'm starting to pay attention.
I go to Statements and Activity. Then at top left go to current statement. If you got 4x, it will say it right there next to the amount in the right hand column.

I stay at Shades of Green every Disney trip. Is there a way to get this redeemed through Chase UR travel? New to the game and trying to decide between Barclay Arrival+ and CIP. Husband is reluctant but willing for additional cards. Looks like Barclay is easy to redeem for travel purchases charged to the card instead of having to book through a portal. Am I understanding that correctly? I am also pretty apprehensive to bend the rules and make personal purchases on a business card so maybe should be considering Chase Sapphire vs. Barclay. Room cost will be around $2400 in June. I am only at 1/24 (Capital One Savor). We can meet the spending requirements for bonuses on personal expenses. Would love input on a plan. Not saving for a specific trip beyond the room at Shades.

In your Amex account, select your card, click the Statements & Activity tab, then manually input a date range in the upper left hand corner. You don’t need your statement to close to see your points or bonus earned. You may need to select the previous version of the site for this to work. You should now see bonus badges next to your transactions even if the statement hasn't closed for those dates yet. Note that it can take a few days for Amex to update a transaction with the appropriate bonus category, if applicable, so you may not see a badge next to your most recent transactions.

If your Mother’s Day lunch is still showing only 1x, and you don’t mind Amex taking a look at your account, you could raise the issue with an Amex rep in chat, complain that you only received 1x for that lunch when you should’ve received 4x. This is a persistent issue with the Amex Gold. Lots of people report that they earned only 1x when they should’ve earned 4x. This usually happens when a restaurant, cafe, food truck, kiosk, etc. uses a Square or Toast point of sale terminal to process their cards. It appears the Amex Gold’s restaurant coding is not as broad as the CSR’s dining coding. Early on, Amex was very dismissive of these complaints and blamed it on the merchant’s code, or saying 4x is earned at restaurants only, and not cafes, bakeries, bars, food trucks, etc. It seems Amex has since been taking the complaints more seriously and has been manually entering restaurants under the 4x so that they code correctly in the future. I’ve seen DPs that complain to Amex usually get a points adjustment and sometimes courtesy points for the trouble.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I go to Statements and Activity. Then at top left go to current statement. If you got 4x, it will say it right there next to the amount in the right hand column.

In your Amex account, select your card, click the Statements & Activity tab, then manually input a date range in the upper left hand corner. You don’t need your statement to close to see your points or bonus earned. You may need to select the previous version of the site for this to work. You should now see bonus badges next to your transactions even if the statement hasn't closed for those dates yet. Note that it can take a few days for Amex to update a transaction with the appropriate bonus category, if applicable, so you may not see a badge next to your most recent transactions.

If your Mother’s Day lunch is still showing only 1x, and you don’t mind Amex taking a look at your account, you could raise the issue with an Amex rep in chat, complain that you only received 1x for that lunch when you should’ve received 4x. This is a persistent issue with the Amex Gold. Lots of people report that they earned only 1x when they should’ve earned 4x. This usually happens when a restaurant, cafe, food truck, kiosk, etc. uses a Square or Toast point of sale terminal to process their cards. It appears the Amex Gold’s restaurant coding is not as broad as the CSR’s dining coding. Early on, Amex was very dismissive of these complaints and blamed it on the merchant’s code, or saying 4x is earned at restaurants only, and not cafes, bakeries, bars, food trucks, etc. It seems Amex has since been taking the complaints more seriously and has been manually entering restaurants under the 4x so that they code correctly in the future. I’ve seen DPs that complain to Amex usually get a points adjustment and sometimes courtesy points for the trouble.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

Excellent! Thank you! I could see it easily yesterday but not today.

But following your directions, I can see that it is still showing 120MR's. Now, I will call them. No problem with 'eyes'.

I would appreciate a refresher on the current strategy for cancelling/PCing the CSR at the one year mark with the travel credit refreshing when the annual fee posts. I have looked at various posts and think I understand but don't want to make the wrong move. My CSR is a keeper, but it doesn't make sense for us to keep two. I have a use for the travel credit that I can make happen right after the AF posts, so here is what I am planning (dummy dates for the example):

Annual fee posts 6/1
Statement closes 6/7
Travel credit for year 2 available on 6/8
Purchase travel >= $300 on 6/10
PC by 6/30

Does this look right? Or am I missing anything I should keep in mind? Thanks in advance!

This was similar to my timing. My fee posted 1/1 and the statement also closed on that date. I made travel charges on 1/8 and 1/12 and I had PCed by Jan 24th. I did not write down the exact date but I remember I paid Airport parking that day with it knowing it would not code 3x but since I had some credits coming I used it anyway. I waited about a week after my travel charge and credit posted before I PCed.

I stay at Shades of Green every Disney trip. Is there a way to get this redeemed through Chase UR travel? New to the game and trying to decide between Barclay Arrival+ and CIP. Husband is reluctant but willing for additional cards. Looks like Barclay is easy to redeem for travel purchases charged to the card instead of having to book through a portal. Am I understanding that correctly? I am also pretty apprehensive to bend the rules and make personal purchases on a business card so maybe should be considering Chase Sapphire vs. Barclay. Room cost will be around $2400 in June. I am only at 1/24 (Capital One Savor). We can meet the spending requirements for bonuses on personal expenses. Would love input on a plan. Not saving for a specific trip beyond the room at Shades.
URs can be cashed out directly to a checking account at 1 cent each at anytime. This is IMO even better than a card like Arrival plus which requires you to offset a travel expense.

If you aren’t comfortable going for a CIP right now, that’s ok. You could certainly start with a CSP or other personal card first. The CIP will still be there in a few months. :)

If you’re comparing you and your husband each getting a CIP vs each getting Arrival Plus, the CIP is a clear winner IMO. IF you compare you each getting a CSP vs Arrival+ its a bit of a toss up in terms of value and flexibility. In both examples I’m assuming you can refer to the CIP or CSP between spouses for the second card vs Barclays having no referrals.

Definitely lots to consider. Hopefully we can assist in making the best decision for you.

What’s the best way to try for targeted business offer mailers? I’m trying to plan ahead 95 days...
I only know of 1 person here who has actually received them. Most people are looking to purchase them from r/churningmarketplace for $40-$50. Of course many are still watching the DPs closely to figure out whether public offers will continue to work dependably.

Which booths are must dos at flower and garden? We arrive on a Thursday and need some tips.

I love talking about food lol. My favorite booth was the smokehouse in America. They had the “Potato, Chorizo Fondue and Green Tomato Relish” omg it was amazing. I also liked the chocolate cake there. I also liked the Szechuan Spicy Red-braised Beef Shank from Lotus House.

Didn’t really care for the Fried Green Tomatoes from Italy. It was too hot for that. SO liked the tortellini tho.
SO liked the chicken kabob from marrakesh too, but I didn’t really care for that.

The cookie butter worms n dirt from flavorful kitchen was also really good.

I wanted to try so much more food, but we got so full. A lot of the stuff is overpriced though. I usually use snack credits for these items. A lot of the substantial food was $7-9 and it was small. Like one or two things didn’t really fill me up.

I only know of 1 person here who has actually received them. Most people are looking to purchase them from r/churningmarketplace for $40-$50. Of course many are still watching the DPs closely to figure out whether public offers will continue to work dependably.
I’ll also say, if you’re in the market, people are free to reach out to me in a PM and I’ll see if I can find any in a private group I’m in. That can be very hit or miss though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter