I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll also say, if you’re in the market, people are free to reach out to me in a PM and I’ll see if I can find any in a private group I’m in. That can be very hit or miss though...

Thank you! I have a bit of time to let some more DPs play out. Hopefully those on card 2+ will have some good news to share!

:rotfl2:Those 2 apps were so 11 days ago...

Right now we’re working on:
CSR - <$1k left
CSP - $2k left
CIP - $2k left
Barclay Aviator x2 - $2k but have $1k in Plastiq payments scheduled and working on the next card.
Citi AA Biz x2 - $8k left but I have plans involving my HELOC if the test transactions on Barclay work
Oh wow - I forgot you had already gotten them. You are jumping into AA miles big time then! Nice move!!

@Lain and @havaneselover - Amex credited me immediately with my 360 extra MR's and also the CSR said that he would put in a correction for the restaurant. The restaurant is The Shark on the Harbor or (www.ocshark.com) if any of you happen by Ocean City, Maryland this summer. Food is good, it is right on the water where the boats are as you come into OC on 50 east. Farm to table type place.

And, I got a $15 credit for a missing offer that I had checked on previously that had never showed up. Amex was on their game today.

@Lain and @havaneselover - Amex credited me immediately with my 360 extra MR's and also the CSR said that he would put in a correction for the restaurant. The restaurant is The Shark on the Harbor or (www.ocshark.com) if any of you happen by Ocean City, Maryland this summer. Food is good, it is right on the water where the boats are as you come into OC on 50 east. Farm to table type place.

And, I got a $15 credit for a missing offer that I had checked on previously that had never showed up. Amex was on their game today.
Yay! I've almost always gotten excellent customer service from Amex.

@SouthFayetteFan or anyone else that keeps a spreadsheet of point balances. Do you erase data every month and just have current numbers? Or can you tell me the number of points you had say on April 2017? Just wondering how I should set this up. Thanks.
I don’t keep track historically. I only look at my current balances.

Thanks. I won't lie, this is kind of surprising to me. :rotfl: I thought for sure you had years and years of data.
I know - it seems to violate my reputation!

I do keep track of any points I redeem in our vacation spreadsheet so I can tell you all the points I used over the past 5 years and what I got for them (ie flight or hotel prices, etc). :)

Thanks yes online is still showing the 30th but I called again today and was told the 23rd. Basically I need to book two flights each way. One from bwi/dca to San Jose or San Francisco and then one from there to hnl. For some reason they can do a connecting flight to get us there but not back. Just means we will have an extra confirmation and check in. I haven’t played with dates to see the cost if it would be cheaper or not. Thinking about having DH apply for the sw personal at 60k June 1 if it’s still around. Then I can get the personal and business near the end of the year. That way we will both have a cp for 2020. Which means only buying 3 flights for the 5 of us.
So interested to see what you find out, as we are hoping to do Hawaii next Spring and waiting to see flight schedules will work!! Good luck to you and will be following to see what you get!

Not to dispute your answer as I agree with it. And that is the perspective I would have had also, except for the fact that the 11 month booking window doesn't appear to be open yet, so I don't think she has the ability to borrow the points for @MKTokyo 's reservation. If she had already borrowed in points for another earlier reservation that would be on her, and a separate issue, I would think.

Good point! I wasn’t even paying attention to the dates.

I’m heading to the airport now so I looked up the exact price and it’s $3,850 for two hours LOL

Whenever I see the coach and horses I sigh wistfully and tell DH how much I’d love to do a FTW vow renewal. He always says how nice it would be too and that if we do there will be no ABD or cruises for a few years. Then I come crashing down right back to reality.

Looking for advice on what my daughter’s next step should be. I don’t think she’s going to want to do the points thing wholeheartedly, but I know she isn’t adverse to earning SOME points, as she’s seen me do a bit. (And been the beneficiary of mama’s points a few times.:) )

Anyhow, got her first card, a Discover, last October or November with a relatively low limit, but they’ve since raised it automatically a few times, and now it’s just under $5000. Her income is steady and more than mama bear’s, but she’s been employed for under a year. She’s been an AU on several of my cards for 3-5 years, depending on the card.

I think she should try either for a Freedom or a Southwest card. Her home airport is philly, which I guess doesn’t have a big southwest presence, but she could get to nyc or Baltimore relatively quickly.

Is one card considered easier to get than the other? Thoughts? Typing this out, I’m inclined to say a Freedom card, since she could transfer her points to SW if she ever needs to.

I love talking about food lol. My favorite booth was the smokehouse in America. They had the “Potato, Chorizo Fondue and Green Tomato Relish” omg it was amazing. I also liked the chocolate cake there. I also liked the Szechuan Spicy Red-braised Beef Shank from Lotus House.

Didn’t really care for the Fried Green Tomatoes from Italy. It was too hot for that. SO liked the tortellini tho.
SO liked the chicken kabob from marrakesh too, but I didn’t really care for that.

The cookie butter worms n dirt from flavorful kitchen was also really good.

I wanted to try so much more food, but we got so full. A lot of the stuff is overpriced though. I usually use snack credits for these items. A lot of the substantial food was $7-9 and it was small. Like one or two things didn’t really fill me up.
Thank you!

It was dh’s birthday today so we went out with his family which was a lot of fun. We went bowling and out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. It was our last chance to see his siblings before we move. Yesterday my parents had a get together at a local bar/restaurant for any family in town to come out so we got to see a lot of people there too. It’s really sad to leave everyone but I’m glad we got a last chance to say bye.
I just can't believe how fast this is all happening.
I remember back when you DH was interviewing for the job he didn't get and the applied and got called for several all over the USA. I told DH that see, people actually do apply for jobs where they have no connections and get them. I was making a point because he told me he can't just app to jobs in Charleston without connections and that the good jobs come from networking. Meanwhile, here you are moving, and here I am stuck in TN.:badpc: No, really, happy for you though!

That is really sad. Again, it's not something we've seen...or have we become so desensitized to it that we don't notice it as much??, which is even sadder :( There is no debate CO has a bad homeless problem but we've been in other, warmer, locations like Las Vegas, CA and FL and noticed way more homeless so I guess we thought ours wasn't as bad due to the winters.
I definitely think it's increased with the pot...
Ive heard this on the news quite a bit.

Looking for advice on what my daughter’s next step should be. I don’t think she’s going to want to do the points thing wholeheartedly, but I know she isn’t adverse to earning SOME points, as she’s seen me do a bit. (And been the beneficiary of mama’s points a few times.:) )

Anyhow, got her first card, a Discover, last October or November with a relatively low limit, but they’ve since raised it automatically a few times, and now it’s just under $5000. Her income is steady and more than mama bear’s, but she’s been employed for under a year. She’s been an AU on several of my cards for 3-5 years, depending on the card.

I think she should try either for a Freedom or a Southwest card. Her home airport is philly, which I guess doesn’t have a big southwest presence, but she could get to nyc or Baltimore relatively quickly.

Is one card considered easier to get than the other? Thoughts? Typing this out, I’m inclined to say a Freedom card, since she could transfer her points to SW if she ever needs to.

The URs are definitely more flexible.....the CFU does not have a sign up bonus right now...it earns 3x up to a $20k spend the first year...the CF has a 15k UR sign up bonus and the 5x quarterly categories

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter