I cried over the wheelchair ** Final update about Bill 4/4**

MVMCP sold out? Now what?

We had decided early on in this trip that we were going to be taking it easy. I had a knee that was bothering me and Bill was still not at 100%. We had a restful sleep in and were getting ready to go to Magic Kingdom.

A little backstory, I work for the state and they had been delaying some payments to workers in the fall. I have budgets for everything so things get paid for on certain dates. I was freaking out because they messed with my paycheck more than once. I just decided to wait to get our MVMCP tickets the day of the event. It was on a Tuesday the first week of December, what could go wrong??

EVERYTHING THAT IS WHAT!!!

I am a facebook/twitteraholic. Before I start my day I usually hop online and see what is going on. What was going on was all the Disney sites were talking about how peculiar it was that MVMCP had SOLD OUT on a Tuesday in the first week of December. I started freaking out, I started sweating, I started panicking. Hadn’t I told Scott we would see them there? Lorrie? KatMark? And most of all Princess Brenda and Pirate Gavin? What was I going to do.

Maybe they were wrong?

Maybe I can go online and buy them.... NO!

Maybe I can call and buy them.... NO!!

I was, well I was in tears AGAIN. Bill tried to console me but I was upset with myself, upset with my employer, upset with all the people that decided to show up on a TUESDAY the first week of December, COME ON PEOPLE!!

Bill said we needed to go to Magic Kingdom and just wing it? HUH? We needed to go to Guest Services and get a DAS – Disability Access Service card. This is the replacement for the Guest Assistance Pass. I had read many negative things about the change, so many that I contacted Disney before we left on our trip and had talked on the phone with someone in Disability services about it. She said we should have no issues and if we did to call her, she gave me her direct line number. We headed out:

Look at the weather forecast, what we wouldn’t do for those temperatures right now:

Guest Relations was busy but not overwhelming. We got a cast member that was getting ready to be done with her shift. She had her little Ipad and asked what we needed. I explained Bill’s needs and she said he would qualify for a DAS and proceeded to explain it to us. I had known all about it because I listen to the Special Mouse Podcast run by KathyRN137 but I wanted to see if she relayed the information the same, she did. As the DAS was being printed we made our way to the desk. She asked if there was anything else she could do for us. I said “unless someone has decided not to go to MVMCP and you have two tickets to tonight’s sold out party, there is nothing else.” She looked at me and smiled and said “hold on a minute”. She started typing on the computer and said “two tickets?” I was thinking WHAT? I stuttered yes and she pulled out two regular looking plastic tickets and wrote MVMCP on them with a sharpie and told me the price. Well guess what -- I CRIED!! Right there in guest relations. Major Pixie Dust, we were thrilled, I think I thanked her about 1000 times.

Off on our adventure in a wonderfully happy mood. Ahhh love the castle:

We had not seen New Fantasyland yet. We didn’t go near it when it was being built because I didn’t want to see it like that. It annoyed me that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was still being built. Hello, we are in WDW everything should have been magically done by the time we got there. But I know “Let it go, Let it go”, I need to listen to Elsa.

Here is Bill rocking the Beatles haircut, it gets taken care of later:

We decided to go meet Gaston, Bill likes him and wanted to show off his muscles too:

I just love the decorations and amazing touches everywhere:

We had a 4pm ADR for Be Our Guest, the one ADR I couldn’t let cancel when we had thought we wouldn’t be going. Bill decided to look sad with the gargoyle:

Things will look so much better when the mine train construction is done (I know it is done, I wrote this when it wasn’t lol). I did love the Little Mermaid area:

I am sure people would want to wrestle this out of my hand:

The buzzer went off and we were lead into the ballroom:

Oh I forgot to mention when we checked in, well whenever we check in to any restaurant, I request to sit beside Bill, not across so I can assist him. They told me that would not be a problem at all and that they noted it. Well either they didn’t or they did and the seater didn’t read it. They wanted to put us here:

Then they wanted to put us here, as in move all sorts of chairs and tables to have Bill squeeze in:

More pictures:

I asked if there was any way we could sit at the table behind that one, there was a huge walkway there and Bill wouldn’t have any trouble, the seater said “I hadn’t thought of that”. So we took our seats. It is dark in there, as in so dark I used my cell flashlight along with 4 other tables to be able to read the menu.

Bill ordered Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop:

I got the Grilled Strip Steak, no picture sorry as I was cutting up Bill’s pork chop with the knife provided on the table. I had just started when our waitress Michelle from Shelby Township, MI, brought a different knife and offered to cut Bill’s food for him. I was so touched by the offer, I knew she had many other tables besides ours and I am used to taking care of things to I declined, thanking her over and over again. She is a gem, she later came and just talked to us for a bit, about Disney, about being a cast member etc. She was fantastic!!

Here she is with the desserts:

I am so sorry for the darkness of the pictures, I didn’t want the flash distracting the other diners. Here are our desserts:

When we were done with our meal Michelle told us to go check out the other rooms in the castle. We gave her a huge tip and will be asking for her when we go back. As we were in the West Wing the Beast came out and walked around. Then we went to the Rose Gallery room and saw this:

What the what? I had read about this, not enough staffing blah blah blah. When you have that many seats empty and people begging and pleading to come to your restaurant, you should staff it. I thought it was ridiculous that people can’t get reservations and this room is empty many nights.

I asked a CM where the restroom was, she pointed it out and said I wouldn’t be able to access it if I went to visit the Beast first so I went to the restroom first. Come to find out we were led very close to it after meeting the Beast so I have no idea why she told me that?

Hello Beast:

Continued in next post: Time to Party!!!

Time to Party!!!

My sweet Bill:

I love the back of the castle:

After the castle lighting we went to Tomorrowland for a DISmeet with KatMark, Scott, Lorrie, Tammy, and many others. It was great to get to meet and talk to other DISers. We would be meeting Scott and Lorrie for lunch the next day.

We hung out with Tammy and family for a while and talked about watching the fireworks and the parade with them, so they went on their way to do some things with the kids and Bill and I went to see the castle show. Tammy and I had been texting, the crowds were insane, they were trying to make their way toward us but were stuck. It was almost time for the fireworks, Bill and I were up by the hub and Tammy and family could physically not get to us, there was no way. She kept saying how sorry she was and I kept telling her it was ok I hoped they had a good view.

After the fireworks were over Tammy and family fought the crowds to get to us, we went to the wheelchair accessible area at the hub and waited for the parade. Gavin and Brenda were tired so they sat down.

This is one of my favorite pictures of the trip:

Gavin was still tired when the parade started but Brenda hopped up and stood by Bill. I present parade pictures:

Mary Poppins always finds Bill.

Love this one too:

Yay!! There’s Gavin:

After the parade was over we waited for the crowd to thin out and picture taking started:

Tammy USED my love for her children to blackmail me into this picture:

A stranger offered to take a picture of all of us:

After this we parted ways, they were staying and we were heading out. We knew we would see them the next day.

Next installment... Meeting friends, an imagineer, and a dessert party –

The photo trip report will start next installment.

Sorry not trying to take over this thread, but ...
saw the name " smidgy " -

The famous Smidgy and Nebo duo !
I have not seen Nebo on the boards in quite sometime. He is missed. Hope all is ok.
Loved to read his TR's. He has a knack for writing.
I haven't left you!!!!

This is just what thus sick mom needed tonight. I have to tell you, everything I see the picture of you and Bill in the kids ears I smile. That was such a fun night. I still wish I would ha e talked the kids out of the people mover to go with you guys to the fireworks. Live and learn.

Love the update!!! So glad you got some pixie dust and got your MVMCP tickets. Love the pictures, especially the one of all of you together.

Oh wow how amazing that the CM found you tickets, that really was magical :goodvibes

I love all your photos and it sounded like a crazy busy party!

How great that the CM was able to "find" tickets for you. I always think that they hold a few for just such occasions so that they can spread some pixie dustpixiedust:.

Can I ask, what exactly is "The Grey Stuff"?:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter