I cried over the wheelchair ** Final update about Bill 4/4**

Positive thoughts to Bill and you, Tracy; your relationship is an inspiration to me and I love reading (and re-reading over and over!) your trip reports. Thinking of you <3

I'm sorry I never got back to this thread and updated.

Bill was in Indiana in a rehabilitation facility trying to get his swallow back up to where it was before the surgery. He had a J-tube and there are several issues with it. It came out and he had to be transferred to the hospital for it to be reinserted. Either at the rehabilitation facility or at the ER he contracted E. coli. Sepsis and bronchial pneumonia followed and his body was unable to fight it off.

He passed away on November 17, 2016. I am completely heartbroken and lost. My whole life has been turned upside down. Time has not healed anything for me yet I don't know if it ever will.

Thank you to everyone that has ever read and commented on any of our reports. Bill used to love to here me read the replies while he was watching sports.

Walt Disney World was always his happy place. He said his favorite thing was to create memories with me, my son, and our friends. WDW will always be his place to me.

Last edited:
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! I loved reading about your adventures with Bill! Heaven got a very special man! My condolences to you!
RIP Bill!

I am so very sad to hear this news, I was following your report and loved the way you told your story. I hope you can find some peace in your memories of Bill.
What a wonderful partner you were for him and he for you! I wish we could take the pain away.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your trip reports made me feel like I was there sharing in the moment. The joy of each DISmeet, character interaction, and the depth of your love for each other reminds me of the good in the world still out there.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I never posted, but followed along. Just know you have people thinking and praying for you.

I'm so so sorry to hear. I stumbled upon your trip report tonight at work and it was the first time I'd ever read anything you wrote. I'm usually just on the Disneyland page (I'm in CA)

Offering love and light to you. May peace surround your heart.

Many heartfelt prayers to you for your loss. Bill seemed like a wonderful guy. It makes my heart smile to see the happy times you shared together at WDW, and I hope in time those memories become a comfort to you.

I am so very sorry to read this. My sincere condolences to you and your son. You and Bill seemed to have a wonderful relationship and I cannot imagine how heartbroken you are. Please take care of yourself.

Tracy, I had read one of your trip reports in the past and had been struck by your wonderful relationship with Bill, and what a thoughtful and loving person he is. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know you have wonderful memories and I am glad you had shared some with us.

I am so sorry. This came up in the suggested threads. I used to read your reports, though I'm not sure I ever commented. I'm so sorry for your loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!