I cried over the wheelchair ** Final update about Bill 4/4**

I'm sorry I never got back to this thread and updated.

Bill was in Indiana in a rehabilitation facility trying to get his swallow back up to where it was before the surgery. He had a J-tube and there are several issues with it. It came out and he had to be transferred to the hospital for it to be reinserted. Either at the rehabilitation facility or at the ER he contracted E. coli. Sepsis and bronchial pneumonia followed and his body was unable to fight it off.

He passed away on November 17, 2016. I am completely heartbroken and lost. My whole life has been turned upside down. Time has not healed anything for me yet I don't know if it ever will.

Thank you to everyone that has ever read and commented on any of our reports. Bill used to love to here me read the replies while he was watching sports.

Walt Disney World was always his happy place. He said his favorite thing was to create memories with me, my son, and our friends. WDW will always be his place to me.

Tracy, I am so very sorry. Prayers for comfort. God bless.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I found your TR at the bottom of the page today and was enjoying reading about your trip, it's so heartbreaking what happened. I hope you are able to heal in time. :hug:

Same as many his was a suggested post. You looked very happy together. It was obvious how very much you loved each other. Things will never be the same, but in time (you've not had much time to adjust) you will look back and smile more than cry. Nothing will heal the hole or hurt. Grief is an individual thing, so never let anyone tell you (and don't tell yourself) that you should be 'over it'. You let it take as long as it takes. Just don't shut out those who care about you. They want to be there for you. Let them. It may be awkward formthem because they won't know if you want to talk about him, or not, so if you do, tell them. Share your mutual love of this special man.

My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you. And you know more than anything he would want you to be happy. So domthat for him when you're able <3

New to the boards and just started reading your report this morning. I am so sorry for the loss of your prince. I could tell through your report how much you both truly cared for each other. It sounds like you have a lot of DIS friends. Don't be afraid to reach out to them when you need to. Sending you prayers.

Tracy,

So, so sorry to read this. I have followed many of your reports (and did comment as well) as All7ofUs years ago. I was so touched by your love and devotion to Bill and the numerous ways you had so much fun together in your happy place. Please accept my heartfelt condolences to you as you grieve and navigate this horribly painful time in your life. I pray comfort and peace for you and hope you can find some solid ground to stand on again soon. This won't be an easy journey, but I encourage you to seek out others who know what you're going through to support you.

All the best to you!!

Liesa

I use to read your reports often, and then kind of dropped off of the Dis for a bit. Im SO sorry to read this sad news. Bill had a way of making me smile. Im truly so sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear about Bill. I only started reading this tonight and now I find I'm shedding tears for you. I wish I had better or more words of comfort but know I will say a prayer for you and Bill tonight.

I just came to your report today and quickly fell in love with Bill by reading about him and your relationship through your loving eyes. When I got to your updates about his health and his passing I felt sick. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm still planning to go back and read some of your old reports to get to know you both better, but it will feel bittersweet, I'm sure. Sending love and light your way. In the midst of all the sadness, what a blessing it is that you have so many TRs that document all your wonderful times with Bill to look back on whenever you're ready.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Tracy. I am going to go back and reread each of your trip reports (which I've read several times already). I promise that the next time I go to WDW, I will find a way to remember Bill.

I'm sorry I never got back to this thread and updated.

Bill was in Indiana in a rehabilitation facility trying to get his swallow back up to where it was before the surgery. He had a J-tube and there are several issues with it. It came out and he had to be transferred to the hospital for it to be reinserted. Either at the rehabilitation facility or at the ER he contracted E. coli. Sepsis and bronchial pneumonia followed and his body was unable to fight it off.

He passed away on November 17, 2016. I am completely heartbroken and lost. My whole life has been turned upside down. Time has not healed anything for me yet I don't know if it ever will.

Thank you to everyone that has ever read and commented on any of our reports. Bill used to love to here me read the replies while he was watching sports.

Walt Disney World was always his happy place. He said his favorite thing was to create memories with me, my son, and our friends. WDW will always be his place to me.
I am a terrible Moderator-I am profusely so sorry to hear about your loving husband Bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!