How do I love thee....let me count the days!! It's done.......

Okay I need to update this!!

Reservations are made. Many thanks to Marcus Collins the manager of Ayres Anaheim for helping me set up our reservations. To me customer service is so important and Ayres Hotel is tops in customer service.

I took Kacy for her first driving lesson today. I survived.:rotfl: The start was really rocky but she really ended up doing well.

Hurray for customer service. Sounds like you had better service than me this weekend ;)

I have been looking at all of the places to eat. So many of them have new menus that I haven't tried. I really want to go to the Village Haus. Their flat bread pizza sounds good to me. I am going to try and link all of these things for my friends that have never been to Disneyland in case anyone is interested.

One of my favorite places to eat because of its location on the Rivers of America has also changed its menu. The Hungry Bear it is a fun place to to sit and watch all of the action on the water and on a hot day enjoy the shade. I so want to try the fried green tomato sandwich with the sweet potato fries.

Now I have made myself hungry and I am going to go make lunch. I will add more later.

A lemon bumblebee cupcake sounds good. The food at both sounds good to me, but the rest of my family wouldn't be that adventurous, jimica mango slaw on a fried green tomato sandwich? Hmmm.

Hurray for customer service. Sounds like you had better service than me this weekend ;)

A lemon bumblebee cupcake sounds good. The food at both sounds good to me, but the rest of my family wouldn't be that adventurous, jimica mango slaw on a fried green tomato sandwich? Hmmm.

If you ever have the pleasure of coming out to Disneyland and want to stay offsite the Ayres Hotel is definitely the way I would go. Sometimes it is nice to have a place to decompress after the day at the parks and this hotel offers it.

WBG and I went to San Francisco about a month or so ago. While we were there we went to Ghiradelli Square, there is this cupcake shop called Kara's cupcakes. They have some of the most amazing cupcakes I have ever tasted. My husband and I each got different flavors and then shared them. I got this dark chocolate one that was so light it was delightful, but he got the lemon one. I think that lemon cupcake had to be the best lemon dessert I have ever tasted. I cannot explain it, except to say the lemon taste was light didn't beat you over the head. I hope that the one at the Hungry Bear is the same.

I will definately keep the Ayres in mind if we ever head out that way.

Guess you will have to taste the one at Hungry Bear so that I'll know ;)

I don't really mind parking. I am thinking about getting the Premium AP for the discounts so that takes care of the parking cost.

The Disney Snowball....next thing you know, soeone will be reminding you that it's just a hop skip and a jump from there to a WDW vacation with the Premier AP!

I took Kacy for her first driving lesson today. I survived.:rotfl: The start was really rocky but she really ended up doing well.

Wowza, you're brave. Glad it's working! My mom...yeah, she couldn't teach me to drive at all. Had to hire out! (but I think we've proven that I cost my mom a whole lot more than your daughters cost you!)

I will definately keep the Ayres in mind if we ever head out that way.

Guess you will have to taste the one at Hungry Bear so that I'll know ;)

Oh I can guarantee that the Hungry Bear is on the top of my list of places to eat. I so want to try that fried green tomato sandwich and sweet potato fries!!

The Disney Snowball....next thing you know, soeone will be reminding you that it's just a hop skip and a jump from there to a WDW vacation with the Premier AP!

Wowza, you're brave. Glad it's working! My mom...yeah, she couldn't teach me to drive at all. Had to hire out! (but I think we've proven that I cost my mom a whole lot more than your daughters cost you!)

I am not going to do that right now. :rolleyes1

No, I don't think I am so brave. I think it is a great thing. Maybe she will be more independent.

Oh I can guarantee that the Hungry Bear is on the top of my list of places to eat. I so want to try that fried green tomato sandwich and sweet potato fries!!

You will like the sweet potato fries at the Hungry Bear restaurant. I didn't try the fried green tomato sandwich, but my friend during the Memorial Day trip liked it so much that if they came back to DL one day, he will be going back there for lunch.

You will like the sweet potato fries at the Hungry Bear restaurant. I didn't try the fried green tomato sandwich, but my friend during the Memorial Day trip liked it so much that if they came back to DL one day, he will be going back there for lunch.

Oh that is great. I am looking forward to that.

I grew up on fried RED tomato sandwiches, but never ate a green tomato. Wonder if they taste different? I'm a ketchup-a-holic so I put ketchup on my sandwich. Of course, there isn't much I DON'T put ketchup on.

When I was little, I went to a fancy restaurant with my friend and her parents. I asked for ketchup and the chef came to our table to see what was wrong with my filet. Yep, I even put it on steak.

I grew up on fried RED tomato sandwiches, but never ate a green tomato. Wonder if they taste different? I'm a ketchup-a-holic so I put ketchup on my sandwich. Of course, there isn't much I DON'T put ketchup on.

When I was little, I went to a fancy restaurant with my friend and her parents. I asked for ketchup and the chef came to our table to see what was wrong with my filet. Yep, I even put it on steak.

Me either but I am game. I have known people that put ketchup on everything. My husband used to put hot sauce on everything.

I have never had red or green fried tomatos-- that I remember--. I am going to look for a receipe on line with 5 star ratings and give it a go. I have lots of green tomatoes on the vine. Going to need a few more days for red ones. But can't wait to try and see if I like them.

Me either but I am game. I have known people that put ketchup on everything. My husband used to put hot sauce on everything.

I think HS is more socially acceptable.

I no longer put it on eggs unless they are scrambled, ham, or fish. Guess I am growing up ;)

I have never had red or green fried tomatos-- that I remember--. I am going to look for a receipe on line with 5 star ratings and give it a go. I have lots of green tomatoes on the vine. Going to need a few more days for red ones. But can't wait to try and see if I like them.

I am not much of a fan of fried tomatoes. Rather have a tomato fresh off the vine with melted mozzarella and mayo.

I do know that Fanny Farmer might have one. Try googling it, and please let me know how it turns out.

I think HS is more socially acceptable.

I no longer put it on eggs unless they are scrambled, ham, or fish. Guess I am growing up ;)

I am not much of a fan of fried tomatoes. Rather have a tomato fresh off the vine with melted mozzarella and mayo.

I love ketchup on scrambled eggs.

Tomatoes with melted mozzarella sounds really good.

I'm so glad I found this! New to Disney, new to these boards, and just discovered the joy of TRs! Looking forward to following this one to help me plan our family's very first Disney trip! Plus I gotta give the love to a resident of my hometown! :wave2:

I'm so glad I found this! New to Disney, new to these boards, and just discovered the joy of TRs! Looking forward to following this one to help me plan our family's very first Disney trip! Plus I gotta give the love to a resident of my hometown! :wave2:

Why hi there!! And welcome to the trip report. I have been neglecting it. I am going to try adding at least something little tomorrow.

Thanks! And can I ask, are you guys driving down from FF? My sister still lives in the area and I want to convince her to meet us in DL for a day or two but she does not love driving for any length of time. Probably from sitting in the bay area traffic all the time! Anyway, just curious as to how you feel about the drive...

Thanks! And can I ask, are you guys driving down from FF? My sister still lives in the area and I want to convince her to meet us in DL for a day or two but she does not love driving for any length of time. Probably from sitting in the bay area traffic all the time! Anyway, just curious as to how you feel about the drive...

We always drive down. I think that driving I-5 isn't so bad. We usually leave either really early in the morning or early in the evening. I prefer the early morning, we left like at 4:30 last time and we managed to miss the heavy LA traffic that way. I prefer it to flying, but if it is just your sister it might be better for her to fly.

It is time to update this baby.

I think I want to add another night. I know I have been to Disneyland a bunch of times but I feel like I need more than two and a half days.

We are renting a car and it is cheaper to rent it for a week than for 3 or 4 days. Go figure.:confused3 I just can't decide which company to go with. Input would be helpful. I have no preference so HELP!!:rotfl:

Now to decide for sure whether I want to buy AP's or park hoppers. I am not sure if financially there is a benefit. For instance although I would like a family trip over the summer but that is a HUGE maybe.

So I decided to add a photo or two to give you a birds eye view of who is who.
IMG-20110221-00010-1.jpg

This is WBG. He is the love of my life.

I'm no help with car rentals or passes. But I'm happy for you that you get to add another night!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter