How do I love thee....let me count the days!! It's done.......

Yes, it does!! I think that we need this, it can be a second honeymoon in the place we spent our first honeymoon!!

Only this time we are not coming home pregnant!!:lmao:
Oh Why not??? :rotfl: You know you want to start all over!!! ;) :laughing:

Starting over at my age is what we call being a GRANDPARENT :). I have to say I thought I knew true love when I had my daughter. I get that same feeling x2 now that I have grand kids.

Kaoden-- you have been through so much when your kids were young. That had to have been so very hard.

Laurie, You were the angel sent to care for those wonderful babies, all 4 of them. I, wonder how you do it all? There is no way I could do what you are doing. I always wanted to have 5 kids, but I was only to have one and lucky to have her to boot. Family used to call her the miracle baby.

In honor of your Valentine get-away I am using the love color red.

Parents need alone time. We love our kids. Want them to have fun with us as a family BUT-- being alone as a couple will actually be good for the kids. I think it lets them see that you value your time with each other as much as you value your lives being their parents.

I was not aware your daughter was college age. She is certainly capable of taking care of family and house while you are gone. Kids seem to rise to the occasion. Just plan, go, and have a great time. Don't give it a second thought about taking kids. There will still be lots of family trips in the future. :)

Patty

YAY Michele I didn't know you started a PTR! Guess that's what I get for being away from the chat thread recently. I will try to keep up!

Starting over at my age is what we call being a GRANDPARENT :). I have to say I thought I knew true love when I had my daughter. I get that same feeling x2 now that I have grand kids.

Kaoden-- you have been through so much when your kids were young. That had to have been so very hard.

Laurie, You were the angel sent to care for those wonderful babies, all 4 of them. I, wonder how you do it all? There is no way I could do what you are doing. I always wanted to have 5 kids, but I was only to have one and lucky to have her to boot. Family used to call her the miracle baby.

Patty, I am 49 years old and frankly that is too old for me to think about babies. I am also not ready to have grandkids yet.:rotfl: I have a great nephew and he fills that baby need for me.

I agree that Laurie is an angel sent for her babies.

In honor of your Valentine get-away I am using the love color red.

Parents need alone time. We love our kids. Want them to have fun with us as a family BUT-- being alone as a couple will actually be good for the kids. I think it lets them see that you value your time with each other as much as you value your lives being their parents.

I was not aware your daughter was college age. She is certainly capable of taking care of family and house while you are gone. Kids seem to rise to the occasion. Just plan, go, and have a great time. Don't give it a second thought about taking kids. There will still be lots of family trips in the future. :)

Patty

Ooh love the red!!

We do need that time away for sure I am just sure they will be broken hearted to miss out on the trip.

Yes, Kacy is 18, Kody her sister is 17 and Loren our "baby" boy is 15 so it isn't like I am leaving little ones behind.:rotfl: Plus my mom is here for them too, I just don't want her to have to be the one to have to take care of getting them back and forth.

YAY Michele I didn't know you started a PTR! Guess that's what I get for being away from the chat thread recently. I will try to keep up!

Hi Jillian!! You haven't missed much I just started!!

Today I am making reservations for our hotel. We are definitely staying at the beautiful Ayres Hotel. I am really excited to stay here. From everything I know this is a wonderful hotel. They have a thing where you can have wine waiting in the room. Because it is for Valentines Day I am considering it. We shall see.

I am also looking at rental cars. I just can't decide which company to go with. I figure that I am best to make these reservations right now. I want to have all my eggs in one basket.

I want to decide where to eat on Valentines Day. Part of me wants to eat at the Blue Bayou, its romantic, blah, blah, blah.....but I am also thinking about all of the other places. Because it is February and during the week I am sure that the hours will be earlier. Maybe this time we will do something unheard of...... Maybe we will eat out and away. I know there are some good places over in the Garden Walk so maybe we will venture over there.

Today I am making reservations for our hotel. We are definitely staying at the beautiful Ayres Hotel. I am really excited to stay here. From everything I know this is a wonderful hotel. They have a thing where you can have wine waiting in the room. Because it is for Valentines Day I am considering it. We shall see.

I am also looking at rental cars. I just can't decide which company to go with. I figure that I am best to make these reservations right now. I want to have all my eggs in one basket.

I want to decide where to eat on Valentines Day. Part of me wants to eat at the Blue Bayou, its romantic, blah, blah, blah.....but I am also thinking about all of the other places. Because it is February and during the week I am sure that the hours will be earlier. Maybe this time we will do something unheard of...... Maybe we will eat out and away. I know there are some good places over in the Garden Walk so maybe we will venture over there.

The options are huge, especially if you have a rental car to take you somewhere. I'll be interested in seeing what you decide. Hopefully they take ressies, since Valentines Day will be a busy night at the restaurants.

The options are huge, especially if you have a rental car to take you somewhere. I'll be interested in seeing what you decide. Hopefully they take ressies, since Valentines Day will be a busy night at the restaurants.

I know I thought about that. I figure that I really need to start finding a WBG friendly restaurant and figure out when I should call and all that. I bet that my hotel might even have recommendations on places in walking distance from them. Must ask them.

You started a PTR! Valentine's trip sounds great! The hotel looks awesome!

Oh you found me!! Thank you. I found that gem by looking on tripadvisor.com. They are ranked number 1 on there, and as far as I am concerned a good deal.

Upon further investigation I was able to find on the hotels page of the website a least of restaurants in the area. I found one I think that WBG and I can both agree on. JT Schmid's Restaurant and Brewery. It's not too fancy and honestly that is more my style. Best of all it is right across the street from the Ayres and we don't have to drive to it. Win-win!!

Love is here for your love-filled PTR! :love:

What a little roller coaster ride the first 3 pages were... no kids... maybe kids.... no kids again! :lmao: Glad you are settled now... you won't regret it!

Seems like there has been some excitement here

Glad you got it all figured out

That hotel looks gorgeous :wizard:

Love is here for your love-filled PTR! :love:

What a little roller coaster ride the first 3 pages were... no kids... maybe kids.... no kids again! :lmao: Glad you are settled now... you won't regret it!

Hi Love!! Got to have Love in a Valentines Day trip report!!

My major concern was how my kids were getting around. Problem solved Kacy gets her first driving lesson on Saturday!! Think kind thoughts of me on Saturday!!:rotfl:

Seems like there has been some excitement here

Glad you got it all figured out

That hotel looks gorgeous :wizard:

Thank you Kelly!! It truly is a jewel!!

I couldn't get the link to work, so I googled the menu.....looks pretty tasty. The hardest part about going there will be choosing what to get!!! :rotfl2:

Make sure you join the clubs each rental company offers. They offer some very "good rates" that are only club member rates. Well worth the time of joining a few. I can not remember who we used in May but I do know I got a great price for a week rental. If renting at orange Co Airport I like to book on site rental Co.

:) Patty

I couldn't get the link to work, so I googled the menu.....looks pretty tasty. The hardest part about going there will be choosing what to get!!! :rotfl2:

I know!!:rotfl: But, the chocolate martini sounds awful good!!

Make sure you join the clubs each rental company offers. They offer some very "good rates" that are only club member rates. Well worth the time of joining a few. I can not remember who we used in May but I do know I got a great price for a week rental. If renting at orange Co Airport I like to book on site rental Co.

:) Patty

I was looking at Costco discounts.

The menu to the restaurant looks great. There are so many appetizers I wouldn't mind trying. Wonder if their ale and cheese soup tastes anything like the soup at Le Cellier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter