Have you ever been INJURED on a ride?

A couple of years ago I was walking on main street and got hit hard by a stroller in my calf. It actually cut it deep and required stitches and I had significant bruising. The worst part was that the woman who pushed it into me SCREAMED at me because I was in her way and she was late for a fast pass. It was unbelievable.

We had a near heart-attack last trip. September 2013, the fire alarm went off at 3am at BWV. :scared: We never did feel "normal" the next day after being startled awake all crazy like that. :crazy2:

...it was a false alarm, too.

Not really injured, but did hurt my pride....

My teenagers and I were leaving the MK after EMH one night in late May. We were all hot, sweaty and exhausted. It was very crowded on every bus. Note--I'm clumsy. I know this. Graceful, I'm not. Anyways, we were boarding a very crowded bus, and I must've hit my flip flop on something cause it blew out and I start falling forward. I landed chest first on this poor boy sitting by his mother. I apologize because I'm mortified, and thankfully, the mother saw it all happen, and realized it was truly an accident.

My kids kindly waited until we were safely off the bus to start their teasing and laughing. They kept saying that kid got on that bus a boy, but left a man. I'm still mortified when I think about it, and it happened 4 years ago!!!!

My teenagers and I were leaving the MK after EMH one night in late May. We were all hot, sweaty and exhausted. It was very crowded on every bus. Note--I'm clumsy. I know this. Graceful, I'm not. Anyways, we were boarding a very crowded bus, and I must've hit my flip flop on something cause it blew out and I start falling forward. I landed chest first on this poor boy sitting by his mother. I apologize because I'm mortified, and thankfully, the mother saw it all happen, and realized it was truly an accident.

My kids kindly waited until we were safely off the bus to start their teasing and laughing. They kept saying that kid got on that bus a boy, but left a man. I'm still mortified when I think about it, and it happened 4 years ago!!!!

:lmao: Ok that story is one of the best I've heard on this thread.

We had a "fun" trip one year with my DS when he was 3. He got hurt 4 separate times!

First day in the parks, he pulled out of my hand, ran down Main Street to get to the castle, got his foot jammed in the rut of the trolley tracks, fell and split his forehead opened...right in front a group of WDW executives. He's now 14 and still has a small scar.

He also got hurt at MGM (still called that at the time LOL) in the giant spiderweb in HISTK but nothing major.

The worst injury was from a parking tram in AK. It was so cold that trip that they had to shut down the train to Conservation Station so they were using a parking tram. The CM slammed on the brakes to stop for something. Everyone went flying. DS hit the seat in front of us even though we were holding him. He busted his lip open. There was blood everywhere. They had to call in EMTs. The managers were really nice to us & esp my DS. Apparently this wasn't the first problem they had with this driver. We overheard them talking about this not even being the first problem that day! He was immediately reassigned. I did feel bad for the guy. We did get to see a lot of backstage areas that day :thumbsup2

My DS is not an accident prone kid. He rarely gets injured at all. He was a trooper too! This is actually one of my favorite pics of him taken the last day...even after everything he went through that trip, he's still smiling :goodvibes

10511214_10204400618003310_3261878752384403777_n.jpg

When Alien Encounter, now known as Stitches Great Escape, came out I was part of the crowd that rushed the attraction on the 2nd day of the official opening. The head and shoulder retraint came down...and it came down HARD! Sprained, more like badly bruised, my shoulder and had to walk lop-sided for the rest of the trip.

Good times! I actually miss that ride dearly...

My dad dislocated his shoulder on Alien Encounter (now Stitches Great Escape). The shoulder bar came down too far at first, then when it locked later in the ride and came down farther his shoulder (already weak from a prior dislocation) popped right out! He wasn't hurt badly, but they moved our room so we stayed club level for the rest of the trip.

Just read your post, those shoulder bars are RIDICULOUS!

Never been injured but I found that on some of the rides at Disneyland Parc (Paris), such as Space Mountain, my head banged off the headrest a lot more and alot harder than the Florida version. I ended up with a headache but that subsided after a while. Also, I am prone to headaches so I cannot 100% attribute it to the ride.

Best. Story. Ever

Flip Flops are dangerous. People have stepped on the back of mine while walking through the parks. It hurts. It also makes me want to turn around and scream "watch where you're going" at the top of my lungs.

I slipped down the stairs at CBR on my honeymoon in 2007 - it had been wet and my Crocs were a little too worn. Ice and Tylenol right away helped a lot.

A couple of years ago I was walking on main street and got hit hard by a stroller in my calf. It actually cut it deep and required stitches and I had significant bruising. The worst part was that the woman who pushed it into me SCREAMED at me because I was in her way and she was late for a fast pass. It was unbelievable.

You should feel really bad for getting in that poor lady's way when she's rushing like that :)

(I'm afraid her cheek may have also gotten in the way of my palm!).

My dad tripped(he said shoved but we know THAT doesnt happen at Disney) over the train tracks at MK just before the parade. Broke 2 ribs. The CM who helped me get him to his feet was very nice. Offered a taxi to the hotel whic Dad declined. We watched the parade and went back to the room. The next day he was sore but continued on like a trooper

My running shoe caught on the carpeted step about 2 down at The Land, and I took a header down the rest of the flight of stairs. It was pretty spectacular, and I rolled all the way down both flights to the ground. The only thing I could do was grab the back of my head so I wouldn't smash it into something. Once I landed, I did a quick system check to make sure everything would wiggle and then I was outta there! It was lunchtime with a full crowd and oddly not one person or CM seemed to even notice or react. Ta da! Thankfully it was only bumps, bruises, scrapes, a jacked up back, and a crushed ego :)

A number of years back we were hurrying to meet up with the rest of our family for dinner at Canada and cut through Club Cool at EPCOT. My DH walks faster than I do and in an effort to catch up I tripped on a rough spot on the floor and went flying. As I started to fall all I could see was a metal display shelf that looked like I would hit it. Fortunately I didn't but I landed on both knees and then fell flat. The CM was very worried and wanted to call for help but I just wanted to get out of there being completely embarrassed and also didn't want to keep the others waiting. Both knees were bruised and swollen for a time and to this day they hurt if I try to knell down for any time. I am much more aware of where I am stepping these days.

I fell down the stairs at Liberty Tree Tavern. Injured my ankle quite badly. It swelled to at least twice the normal size. Even to this day it can bother me if I turn wrong. Interesting thing was it was a spectacular fall and not one cast member asked if I needed assistance.

Getting out of Test Track the step up was a little steep. I fell and scrapped up the leg. I had to limp over to first aid. No one asked if I was ok or needed help and I know the CM saw me. :furious:

Never been injured but I found that on some of the rides at Disneyland Parc (Paris), such as Space Mountain, my head banged off the headrest a lot more and alot harder than the Florida version. I ended up with a headache but that subsided after a while. Also, I am prone to headaches so I cannot 100% attribute it to the ride.
I found this too when I rode space mountain in Paris this last December. I never get motion sickness on a ride but man Parisian space mountain made me ill for the rest of the day!

I fell as Disneyland last summer while walking down the small slope near PoC. I hit the ground HARD and wound up with a sprained ankle and bone contusion in my hand.

First real hurt was just two weekends ago. Came around the last fast curve on BTMRR and slammed hard into the side. Knocked the wind out of me. It was the second to last car which I knew provided a bumpy ride but I usually sat on the other side and would lean into DBF coming around that curve.

Now non-disney related I was on a ride at Six Flags Astro World as a kid. It was called Sky Screamer. It was the first "thrill" ride I ever rode. The thing was a freefall simulator but instead of a straight drop you dropped into a horizontal curve. Well when we went into the curve the g-forces pushed the over the shoulder restaint into a further locked position. Well that position was pushing up and under my tiny ribs. When the ride stopped I was crying and couldn't take breaths. On top of all that the restraints had locked. Lucky for me the employee went into emergency mode and engaged the emergency unlock of my restraint and I could finally breath but that was the longest scariest minute of my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter