Game of Thrones Season 7....(WARNING SPOILERS)

It may be worse than that. We've been told the gold is in KL. Even assuming that is correct I suspect it's on Cersei to complete payment of the debt by delivering the gold to the Iron Bank. If so, that's a devil of a detail.

I've been thinking about that detail since Sunday.

Did anyone read the books?
I love Jamie! In the books he distances himself from Cersei a LONG time before this... I predict he doesn't die and I'm so pumped for a Tyrion and Jamie reunion!!!
Arya's home too.. Oh man so amazing!!!

I binged all of the shows just before this season began, and now I'm starting the books. I'm really loving them, as I figured I would. I'm surprised at how well the show stayed with most of the first book so far, although there are differences and there is so much more detail.

I binged all of the shows just before this season began, and now I'm starting the books. I'm really loving them, as I figured I would. I'm surprised at how well the show stayed with most of the first book so far, although there are differences and there is so much more detail.

It starts to stray A LOT!
I don't mind, because they're doing an excellent job with the show. But just wait lol you'll be like wait what?! That's nothing like in the books.

It starts to stray A LOT!
I don't mind, because they're doing an excellent job with the show. But just wait lol you'll be like wait what?! That's nothing like in the books.

It may sound weird, but I'm kind of looking forward to that, actually.

So, full disclosure, I'm a school librarian. I brought up my own kids telling them, "Read the book before you see the movie!" And now I've realized that was not good advice for the long term. (When kids might not read the book because they saw the movie, I believe that my advice still stands.)

Almost every time I read the book and then see the movie, I'm disappointed. I rarely like a movie more than I like the book it's based on. But, I've learned that seeing the movie (or the show, in this case) first, allows me to enjoy the film/series, and then, since I usually like the books even more, I get to add to that enjoyment through reading. And, especially in the case of GOT, anyone who watches and reads gets to enjoy two story lines.

I've been thinking about that detail since Sunday.
Me too. Well, Monday, because I HBO Go on Mondays (thanks, Dad).
I think the train we saw was only part of the wagon train moving out of Highgarden. I think it was gold and food, but not all. I think Cersi won't be able to pay off the Iron Bank as promised, at least not as fast as she promised.

It may sound weird, but I'm kind of looking forward to that, actually.

So, full disclosure, I'm a school librarian. I brought up my own kids telling them, "Read the book before you see the movie!" And now I've realized that was not good advice for the long term. (When kids might not read the book because they saw the movie, I believe that my advice still stands.)

Almost every time I read the book and then see the movie, I'm disappointed. I rarely like a movie more than I like the book it's based on. But, I've learned that seeing the movie (or the show, in this case) first, allows me to enjoy the film/series, and then, since I usually like the books even more, I get to add to that enjoyment through reading. And, especially in the case of GOT, anyone who watches and reads gets to enjoy two story lines.
This is me too.

Me too. Well, Monday, because I HBO Go on Mondays (thanks, Dad).
I think the train we saw was only part of the wagon train moving out of Highgarden. I think it was gold and food, but not all. I think Cersi won't be able to pay off the Iron Bank as promised, at least not as fast as she promised.

They said that the gold was delivered to King's Landing. If that means it got to Cersei? Who knows. I think it's interesting that everyone is saying some small lines about grain, winter is coming, and Dani just destroyed a literal - wagon train load of it...winter is going to be rough.

We like to watch the producer segment after the show. One of the guys was saying this is the first time that two main characters have been battling, and they hoped we didn't know who to cheer for. I think for most people, it's clearly Dany.

One confusion for me, and it was last week I think. When Euron was riding through town with the prisoners, the KL citizens were booing and throwing things at them. Since when did Cersei get popular? Maybe things were really bad under the Sparrow's rule.

We like to watch the producer segment after the show. One of the guys was saying this is the first time that two main characters have been battling, and they hoped we didn't know who to cheer for. I think for most people, it's clearly Dany.

One confusion for me, and it was last week I think. When Euron was riding through town with the prisoners, the KL citizens were booing and throwing things at them. Since when did Cersei get popular? Maybe things were really bad under the Sparrow's rule.
It's not that Cersei is popular. They did it to her too. They'd do it to anyone.

I think Cersei has positioned it as "the other guys" want to go to war them and do terrible things - we've heard about the Dothraki threat for seasons now, starting with Robert Baratheon. I figure the people in KL are generally considering everyone opposed to Cersei as the barbarian hordes.

Is the producer segment only online? It doesn't seem to come on at the end on my HBO.

DGqj8SoXsAAuxO2.jpg:large

Not sure if this has been discussed, but will this thread be staying away from spoilers in regards to the leaked/hacked info?

(I don't mind spoilers that talk about the books or episodes that have aired, because I can easily not read until I've watched.)

Not sure if this has been discussed, but will this thread be staying away from spoilers in regards to the leaked/hacked info?

(I don't mind spoilers that talk about the books or episodes that have aired, because I can easily not read until I've watched.)
I hope so.

I might be wrong but I look at that situation as a common courtesy thing. Spoilers once the show has aired... okay... leaked info or spoilers to episodes not yet aired is just a jerk move.

Good! I used to read a few fan pages on Facebook, the discussions were great, but now I have to avoid them because of the jerks who have to discuss the leaked stuff.

I would not mention any of the leaked information because that would be spoiling. Not sure about policy of mentioning books any longer since the show has gone past the book timeline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter