FORT FIENDS DREAM CRUISE Sept 4th, 2011 (Labor Day Week)

not sure about the show times, maybe Rhonda can let us know and see if we all can be together.

Sooooo... How many of you are planning on spending a night or two at the Fort before you cruise? We're going to be at the Fort during that time and I am hoping to get together with you guys!!!

I got some Dining/Show Time assignment from Disney for the cruise.

It says Dining/ShowTime: 8:30pm / 7:00pm

So it looks like we Dine at 8:30pm and this show is at 7:00pm but not really sure.

Sooooo... How many of you are planning on spending a night or two at the Fort before you cruise? We're going to be at the Fort during that time and I am hoping to get together with you guys!!!

I wonder if we stay a night at the fort before the cruise if we can ride the bus to the dream???

Yes you can but they charge for it and it's not cheep. As we get closer I should know what we are doing. We might bring the motorhome, stay at the fort and then I am trying to get into Jetty Park for the 4 nights so we can drive it over and then drive it back to the Fort and stay Thurs thru Sun. If we do that then you can drive over with us, but won't know for a while since Jetty Park doesn't take reses that far in advance.

I'm hoping to do a few days in WDW after the cruise. The ship gets back into port on Thurs am, so I'll probably stay Thurs thru Sat or Sun.

Can you hang around for a few hours on Thursday so we can at least say "Hi" to each other? :wave:

Can you hang around for a few hours on Thursday so we can at least say "Hi" to each other? :wave:

I'd love to! What time are you planning on getting to the Fort? We would probably have to leave by about noon to be able to make it home by Sunday.

I can't see why not, but it will depend on the Disney bus. :drive:
I think I'll be staying in a value resort for those couple of days. Too long to drive down with the camper, leave it there during the cruise and then drive home.

I am planning right now to say the Fri, Sat before and Thurs thru Sun after. We are staying at the fort. So if anyone is staying in a hotel, no problem you can still hang out at the Fort at our site, we will have a GG.

I am planning right now to say the Fri, Sat before and Thurs thru Sun after. We are staying at the fort. So if anyone is staying in a hotel, no problem you can still hang out at the Fort at our site, we will have a GG.

You might have to have one on each weekend! ;)

If you see this multiple times, it is because I am posting on 3 threads. I am sending another PM to Irish Cowboy. There are now 3 threads for the September 4th, 2011 Dream cruise. I am asking that he combine these threads. Although the first thread started is titled "Fort Fiends Dream Cruise" for the camping boards camping club, any and all DISboarders were welcome to post (since the disboards are supposed to have only 1 thread per cruise). Just because a DISer is not a part of this group does not exclude them from the Fish Exchange, activities, onboard meet, or shenanigans/tom foolery that may occur! Any and all are welcome!! BigDaddyRog was the initiater of the thread. I am working on shirts and/or wrist bands/and or lanyards for the cruise. We'll also come up with the logo. Hopefully Irish Cowboy is somehow able to combine all posts from all 3 threads into the one thread.

the links to the 3 threads are:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408806
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2422693
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2382787

The Disney Dream cruise ship departed the Meyer Werft shipyard November 12 on its conveyance down the River Ems, traveling from the ship's inland birthplace in Papenburg, Germany to the North Sea at the port of Eemshaven, The Netherlands. Disney Cruise Line released more information/video about the new ship, and many media outlets, including AOL Travel Channel and USA Today, were given a "hard hat" tour of the brand new ship. Here are notes from the various reports that were broadcast:
-- The Disney Dream will have 1,458 crew members. There is a 24-caret glass chandelier in the ship's atrium. Deck 5 will be almost exclusively for kids.
-- The Oceaneer Club and Lab will feature the Magic Playfloor! 16 light pad monitors have been custom-made to enable kids to play video games with their feet. Approximately 10 different games have been designed. One is based on TRON (which will be like an air hockey game) and another based on the Princess and the Frog movie.
-- The Walt Disney Theatre on the Disney Dream will debut a new show that has been in development for two years, called Believe. Directed by Gordon Greenberg, the show is in rehersals in Toronto, Canada. The show has more than 300 costumes and 200 wigs, and tells the story of a workaholic father who "doesn't believe" and his daughter.
-- Animator's Palate takes the animator's studio to the underwater sea world of Finding Nemo. Approximately 700 guests will be entertained by more than 100 screens in the restaurant.
-- There are 150 virtual porthole rooms, inside cabins, that will feature the animated porthole. The ship will have four cameras located outside to show the current weather and be enhanced by approximately three dozen animated sequences featuring UP, Tinker Bell, Goofy and more. Each cabin will have its own unique sequence of animation.
-- The Aquaduck, Disney's amazing water coaster, will allow guests to travel 765 feet in about 65 seconds. There is a minimum height requirement of 48 inches or taller. About 300 guests are expected to enjoy the coaster per hour.

HURRY UP SEPT 2011

A couple of months ago I shared pics Annika took of the Dream being built. Now my friend Annika has visited in Hamburg (not too far from her home). Last time she got pics of the left side (port), this time is the right side (Starboard) and the back end (Aft). Enjoy!

154542_106371609436290_100001903531304_51582_6067156_n.jpg

This is Annika:)
150799_106372716102846_100001903531304_51617_3922549_n.jpg

I will prefer to see her (the ship) in the Caribbean. She looks cold here. LOL
77194_106373472769437_100001903531304_51634_7563217_n.jpg

Look at Scorcerer Mickey! And a great view of my cabin too.
156278_106373352769449_100001903531304_51631_3498856_n.jpg

155540_106372842769500_100001903531304_51619_5069311_n.jpg

The Aquaduct. In this snow shouldn't it be for snow tubing??
155154_106371566102961_100001903531304_51581_1346909_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter