FORT FIENDS DREAM CRUISE Sept 4th, 2011 (Labor Day Week)

I am SO excited for this cruise. We're flying in the day of right after our wedding, and my FI thinks we're sailing on Carnival. I'm not telling him we're on DCL till we get to the port. I can't wait to see his reaction.

I am SO excited for this cruise. We're flying in the day of right after our wedding, and my FI thinks we're sailing on Carnival. I'm not telling him we're on DCL till we get to the port. I can't wait to see his reaction.

I hope he's a Disney-lover. If I did this to my dh, we would have been getting a divorce. :lmao: I still don't know how I could have married outside my Disney faith. But, it's been 15 years and we're still together. Maybe because I go to WDW without him? :confused3

I know that some of us (Linda and I included) changed to the earlier seating since there is no way, I personally, can eat that late(8:30). I was told some of the families (with children) also did the same thing.

We are sticking with the later seating. There are four of us and i have never met any of the other "Fiends" but would love to. What do we have to do, let them know names or reservation numbers or what?

Also just to let everyone know we are four - Myself age 50 :scared1: (god i hate saying that), my sister age 46, my mother, (wont even go there) and my 19 year old daughter. I think it might be nice to know if there are any other young adults that my daughter might befriend so she doesnt have to hang out with us older folks.

Carol do we have to call DU, I think we are all going so that we can be toghether, and we need to get a list of names and let them know that. I was like you under the impression that they were booking us as a group and they would handle keeping us together. Can we find out who the TA is that took over the rese from Rhonda? I would like to call as well.

This is gonna be confusing. I too, was under the assumption that we would all at least be seated in the same area. How can we find out if one person is handling all these ressies or if they have been scattered about to different people. Can we be "classified" as a group, so if we call we can say I want to be with anyone in the group or are we gonna have to be specific?

Hi Folks

I just wanted to clarify what's going on with your sailing.

You were not set-up as an official 'group' with DCL when you booked originally. The reason being that DCL changed their group policies a while back and there are no real perks to you as a passenger for booking in a group. DCL did away with any discounts associated with the group as well as any in-stateroom amenities they used to give folks in a group. Also reservations booked in a group are not eligible for the $25 Shipboard credit for booking online and no future discounts can be applied to a group reservation.

The Travel Agency does receive more commission on a group reservation but there is no real benefit to the client to being in a group.

We consider you a 'group' in our system - you're just not a group in DCL's system.

I apologize if this was not communicated to you from the beginning. We just felt it was in your best interest to not be in a group with DCL.

The plan has always been to link your reservations closer to the travel date of the cruise so that those of you on the same dining time will sitting near each other.

If you want to be seated with specific people we can take care of that as well, just remember you have to be on the same dining time.

We also have some cool stuff planned for your group as well :woohoo:

Feel free to email me directly at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will be happy answer any questions or concerns you might have.

Thanks
John

I really wish I was going on this! Sounds like DU has you all taken care of!

Hi Folks

I just wanted to clarify what's going on with your sailing.

You were not set-up as an official 'group' with DCL when you booked originally. The reason being that DCL changed their group policies a while back and there are no real perks to you as a passenger for booking in a group. DCL did away with any discounts associated with the group as well as any in-stateroom amenities they used to give folks in a group. Also reservations booked in a group are not eligible for the $25 Shipboard credit for booking online and no future discounts can be applied to a group reservation.

The Travel Agency does receive more commission on a group reservation but there is no real benefit to the client to being in a group.

We consider you a 'group' in our system - you're just not a group in DCL's system.

I apologize if this was not communicated to you from the beginning. We just felt it was in your best interest to not be in a group with DCL.

The plan has always been to link your reservations closer to the travel date of the cruise so that those of you on the same dining time will sitting near each other.

If you want to be seated with specific people we can take care of that as well, just remember you have to be on the same dining time.

We also have some cool stuff planned for your group as well :woohoo:

Feel free to email me directly at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will be happy answer any questions or concerns you might have.

Thanks
John

O.K., found this thread, and am not sure if I am supposed to be here or not. We are on the Sept 4 cruise, but we are not campin' folks. To me, campin' is staying at a Holiday Inn versus a Hilton.

I went to the thread that the Meets list linked me to and no one was there, and it seems as if everyone is over here, so I was wondering what happened to the other thread?

Also, I booked directly with DCL, and it seems as if you guys are all with DU.

So, I am just here checking out the situation and wondering if my DH and I are the only two people on that ship that aren't with the campin' crew.

They just announced that there are still some stateroooms available for the 4 day maiden voyage. Family of 4, $5,400. :scared1:

Hi Strangers! :)

It's been a while since I've visited the DIS but I just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten about you all!

I made 5 keychains with the Fort Fiends logo that I will be adding to the Geocache on Castaway Cay (hopefully they will remain there until your cruise in September). We fly out tomorrow (Tuesday) and will be on the Dream for the Maiden Voyage! I'm so excited! :banana:

- Martha

P.S.
If you don't think you will get a chance to do some Geocaching on the island, Hakuna Matata...I am also adding some Fort related memorabillia (and a couple of surprises that are DISboards related ;) ) to a few of the Central Florida caches this spring. I'm hoping more people will get involved with Geocaching. It's really fun for all ages!

Cool review!! Sounds like you need to bring "any" old Key to the World card and leave it in your stateroom light slot!! Great tip!!!

Hi Carol,
It worked! Anything with a magnetic strip works. I tried every magnetic strip card that I had....including my Kroger card, UAH ID, AAA card...all worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!