FORT FIENDS DREAM CRUISE Sept 4th, 2011 (Labor Day Week)

BigDaddyRog

<font color=red>Ask me about my cartoon pitch<br><
disboardslogo.jpg

There has been some interest in a Fort Fiends Dream Cruise. The Disney DREAM ship starts sailing in 2011 and is an incredible looking ship complete with a water rollercoaster!!!! The lowest rates are in September(of coarse) and a family of four can sail a 4 night cruise for about $1500 in an Inside stateroom, about $1750 for an Oceanview stateroom,and about $2200 for a Veranda stateroom. These are quotes from the DCL website, it includes taxes and fees, but does not include the Vacation Insurance Option nor the Ground Transportation Option(who needs that crap?)

Short Video of the new Disney Dream...awesome!

disney_dream_aquaduck.jpg

Does anyone know if there are special Grand Gathering rates on cruises?

Chime in if this is something you'd be interested in being a part of in Sept 2011.

The 4 day cruise Itenerary is a day in Nassau, a day at Castaway Cay, and an At Sea Day.

Did you know that Disney cruises DO ALLOW you to bring your own alcohol onboard? I know that would be a big plus for many of you.

Ive never done a cruise, and it just seems like a perfect vacation for some Fort Fiends to get together for.

Lets hear some feedback on this.​

That would be awesome, but I can't go in September. I have classes. Early August would work best for me. We were planning on taking one next summer anyway to celebrate my graduating college and entering a post grad program.

Are we allowed to loop our carts around the deck?

Rog, Judy Fiesty is getting together a group from the Fort to go on this ship, I am not sure what dates she is talking about but I can email you her information. She is getting a group rate and has about 10 families interested already (she is the one on site 114 with all the decorations). Sept is a iffy month becuase of hurricanes. I would be interested if the price is right, and we could swing it. Let me know if you want Judy's contact infor she might be able to get a better rate.

Pirate the ship and sail it straight to Bay Lake!!! They have a "pirate night"... so I guess we can blame it on excessive character enthusiasm!!!

Well...this hasnt generated much interest. Is it too early?

Just realized how much a deposit is for a cruise...WOW!!!! But thats not gonna stop me...it will just take a little longer than I expected to make the reservation. Its 19 months away (Jeeeeez, that sounds like FOREVER) so I should be able to pull it all together by then. I really hope some of you guys decide to join me on this eventually!!

Rog it sounds AMAZING! I'm not making any long term travel plans this second because I'm focusing on a move to Arizona...BUT by 2011 I will be dying to get back to WDW...and a cruise would be icing on the cake! Don't let this thing die :goodvibes

I wrote to ROZ this morning about this, but I forgot to mention that there MAY BE some interest in getting a group together for this. Maybe she will chime in and give us some good news on possible discounts and get a little more interest going.

I miss ROZ! :(

I know that if I brought this over to the DCL forum it would get more notice, but I dont wanna cruise with "cruisers"!!! I wanna cruise with CAMPERS...MY CAMPERS!!! You sick individuals!!!

A fort fiends group cruise sounds like a BLAST!!!!! If we can, we will! :thumbsup2

I'm in. Everytime you see me I will have my Life Jacket on, but after much manic consideration... I'm definitely in. :thumbsup2

I'm in. Everytime you see me I will have my Life Jacket on, but after much manic consideration... I'm definitely in. :thumbsup2

Now that would be a awesome pic,,
you at the Capt.s table,,during the formal dinner, next to the Capt,, in your Life vest,,:thumbsup2

I wrote to ROZ this morning about this, but I forgot to mention that there MAY BE some interest in getting a group together for this. Maybe she will chime in and give us some good news on possible discounts and get a little more interest going.

I miss ROZ! :(

I know that if I brought this over to the DCL forum it would get more notice, but I dont wanna cruise with "cruisers"!!! I wanna cruise with CAMPERS...MY CAMPERS!!! You sick individuals!!!

This is something we might be really interested in. We haven't been on a cruise in 20 years!!

What week??

Carol...I was holding off on making a decision of what week in hopes that we get enough people together to decide what week is best for most. I DO know that Sept is the least expensive, and there are 3 "4 day" cruises in Sept - 4th, 11th, & 25th.

Personally...its 19 months away...and I can barely wait, so the earliest seems best for me! But thats only due to my impatience!!! All 3 dates currently have a $399pp lowest rate.

Well...this hasnt generated much interest. Is it too early?

Just realized how much a deposit is for a cruise...WOW!!!! But thats not gonna stop me...it will just take a little longer than I expected to make the reservation. Its 19 months away (Jeeeeez, that sounds like FOREVER) so I should be able to pull it all together by then. I really hope some of you guys decide to join me on this eventually!!

Not a good date for me. Until my youngest is out of high school (4.5 years to go) I pretty much have to vacation during school vacations. I could leave here with Grandma, but that won't fly.

Rog it sounds AMAZING! I'm not making any long term travel plans this second because I'm focusing on a move to Arizona...BUT by 2011 I will be dying to get back to WDW...and a cruise would be icing on the cake! Don't let this thing die :goodvibes

Arizona??? Where in AZ? That'll be quite a change from your current location, unless of course your moving to Flagstaff.

A Dream cruise sounds great!! This is an awesome ship!!

If you want my help, putting it all together, Rog, I'll be happy to help! And, I can get everybody a nice shipboard credit in the process! :goodvibes

September is a great time to cruise, because it is technically hurricane season. Prices are low, because people think it's a bad time to be out there. But, it's just the opposite! A cruise ship is the safest place to be, because the Captain watches the radar, and steers the ship away from the storm!

We were on a cruise during Hurricane Wilma, a couple of years ago, and we were steered up and around the storm, and it never affected us.

The date that is over Labor Day weekend is also good for us, as Carol said one less day vacation time. Rhonda is there a group rate if Rog gets enough people together?

The date that is over Labor Day weekend is also good for us, as Carol said one less day vacation time. Rhonda is there a group rate if Rog gets enough people together?

The discounts that DCL has given in the past for groups is minimal. The Early Booking Discount is much better -- so the earlier we can book, the better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter