FORT FIENDS DREAM CRUISE Sept 4th, 2011 (Labor Day Week)

Gee...I can't believe I've been overlooking this thread for over a year!?!

Anyway, just wanted to say that we sailed the Dream on the 2/3 three-night, and it was wonderful! Everything was great, including the weather. It was our first cruise, but won't be our last. We've already booked May 12th on the Dream again. If anyone has any questions, let me know. As I posted on the DCL forum, I've coined a name for those over 65 who do the AquaDuck. You are a Golden Ducky! :donald: It was great, don't miss it! I just can't say enough good things about this cruise! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We just got off the DREAM 2-13 sailing it was wonderful but be prepared for crowds. I hope by September they will have figured out how to control it. The ship is beautiful and the service was excellent. Just a note our cruise was sold out.

Hello, I posted on the other meet thread but see this one seems more active. My DH, DD (10) and I will be on this cruise. This is our second DCL cruise and will be our second time staying at the fort.

We are arriving at the Fort on the 27th and are staying after the cruise ends until the weekend.:cool1:

Just wanted to say "hi" and if there are to be fish extenders, how do we get involved?

Thanks!

Much larger. And it has this cool waterslide. We haven't gone yet, so no TR. Go to DCL's website for a virtual tour, you'll love it

The ship is huge & the reports from the first few cruises say there are horrible lines for everything. But Disney is sprinkling some pixie dust to figure out how to keep the lines moving faster. The 3 shows/dinners per night apparently doesn't work well, so is tweaked to go back to 2. I like this better anyways.

The service and food are excellent. The only concern we had was they have to learn to move that many people on the ship. I know Disney will figure it out ,hopefully by Sept.:thumbsup2 The lines move fairly quickly but you don't encounter anything like that on the Wonder or Magic. That's what we get for sailing so early after her maiden voyage:rotfl2:. The parties were VERY congested ( 2 Sailaway and 2 Pirate) it seems that everyone wants to be there at the same time. The ship is BEAUTIFUL :cloud9:and our cabin (cat 9) was fabulous. The line for the aquaduck was never longer than 20min and FYI the ship is a ghost town while in port. I was in an aircast so we stayed on the ship and that's when we did most of our exploring. I really enjoy the adult entertainment on the Wonder and Magic but the line up was different on the Dream and the adult district is split up with several different areas that it was empty most of the time.:confused3 but I am sure by Sept. things will be running much smoother.

:surfweb:

This is based on recent cruises. Dates/Times might change for our cruise.

DCL-Cruise-September42011.jpg

Maybe she will chime in and give us some good news on possible discounts and get a little more interest going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter