Following Dr. Seuss to BCV- a November 2011 TR Updates 6/11

For my main course, i decided to try Deconstructed Beef Wellington - 8 oz. filet, trio of wild mushroom Duxelles, puff pastry. parsnips, potatoes, carrots and red wine sauce - $47.00

IMG_5494.jpg

This was good, but over-salted (like someone forgot they had already seasoned it or they salted the duxelles & sauce before reducing). We convinced T&T to split a steak- telling them it was a steak for 2, not 1. Porterhouse - 24 oz. Center cut porterhouse with Smoked Paprika fries and roasted garlic butter - $44.00

IMG_5495.jpg

They both loved the steak. Pods had 12-oz "Prime" New York Strip Steak - Carmody potato gratin and peppercorn bandy sauce $42.00

IMG_5496.jpg

This was delicious. For Sean, in addition to all the fries (which the server kept coming, as we had asked) Sean had some mac & cheese-

IMG_5497.jpg

We were happy he gobbled it up, it was not elbow mac, and that could have been an issue in the world of Sean. But, thankfully, was not! With dinner, Pods had a glass of the house Merlot, and while I normally am a wine drinker, I HAD to have another-

IMG_5498.jpg

Wow...that drink was just soooooo yummy! :worship: A pic of our very attentive waiter-

IMG_5499.jpg

And...I am sorry to say, not ONE of us had room for dessert. Darn those onion rolls! :rotfl:

All in all, a very good meal- we do have better steakhouses at home (with all Prime meats, like Peter Leuger- yummmmmmmmmmmm.......), but we did enjoy ourselves and would go back, if we were staying at BCV. A quick pic of the meat man before we left-

IMG_5500.jpg

And we were off to Epcot! :banana:

Happy New Year Ellen! :goodvibes

Your latest update was great. It is always so nice for a little downtime at the pool in the afternoon. It really refreshes you for the rest of the night to come!

Can't wait to hear your Yachtsman's review. We love to go there for a nice dinner. We also just love to go in the bar and have a nice glass of wine. Bonus is they take TIW at the bar! ;)

Yes! We used TIW the next day in the lounge! :thumbsup2

So where are you going for MLK? I am headed to Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana for 4 nights with 4 girlfriends. Celebrating my friend, Fiona's 50th. Looking forward to putting my toes in the sand.:beach:

i always enjoy your TRs, and this one is no exception :)

hope you have a fabulous new year!

IMG_5495.jpg

OMG, I nearly ate my laptop screen looking at this steak. :worship:

Those onion rolls didn't look half bad either ... :rolleyes1

Yes! We used TIW the next day in the lounge! :thumbsup2

So where are you going for MLK? I am headed to Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana for 4 nights with 4 girlfriends. Celebrating my friend, Fiona's 50th. Looking forward to putting my toes in the sand.:beach:

Your photos are making me drool! Yes, those onion rolls are so yummy with that butter and sea salt. I'm happy for you that Sean is eating more of a variety while you are down there. That must make you very glad.

We are going back to WDW for the weekend. Will be staying at one of our home resorts of SSR. Tried to get in to BW but no luck. We love the BW! But that is ok. Just so long as we are there we really don't care where we stay. ;)

Have fun at the Beach!

Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
I am laughing at Tyler's ear buds, not at Tyler but at my spouse. Rob bought Sarah "one of those machines" for one of her holiday gifts. Poor man, he does not know what he has done. I see many battles ahead regarding her new "earrings".

Love Timmy's blue hair and Sean's enjoyment at being at Disney. Does Sean normally like rides that spin or involve wind? Just curious.

kate

So how is it going with the new earrings? UGH. We all love our ipods, but the earring thing is the worst- He does take them out more than it looks, though-

And yes, Sean loves spinning, not sure what you mean by wind- he used to go on all the rides, but then stopped when he was 11 or so- right when puberty kicked in- no more Space Mountain or BTMRR, no more heights. We have just spent all of Nov & Dec weaning him from one drug and have now started another- we are on week 2, but it should be at least 2 weeks more before we see the true effects of the new medication. Our fingers are crossed!

I am so far behind with trip reports. Classes start today at our college and the week or two before they start is pure chaos for faculty and staff alike. Since half of my assigned classes are online, everything has to be up and ready before classes are open to the students (which was 8 am this morning).

So far we have been lucky with the new Ipod earrings. Sarah kept the Ipod in her hand for the first few days but never put the buds in her ears. Now she has lost interest in it and tends to turn it on for just an hour or two a day, still not using the buds. I am sure her interest will ebb and flow according to her activity level. I am afraid school keeps Sarah really, really busy. She is in the Jazz club and they meet at 6:50 AM twice a week and she tutors oboe after school on Mondays, she has Irish dance club for two hours each Sunday (and they dance the entire time), art classes on Monday nights, plus her normal school work and homework – so she is a busy, busy young lady. Oh and she has discovered boys:scared1:. By the way, she thinks your boys are cute :ssst: (don't tell her I told you).

When I mentioned wind and Sean, I meant rides that go fast enough that you can feel the wind flow through your hair.

Puberty does weird things to all children. It is a rough time for children even when they do not have extra issues to deal with, then throw in atypical physical, psychological or intellectual challenges which a child may deal with on a daily basis and you increase the stress level massively (for both child, siblings and parents). I hope all goes well with Sean’s new meds. My fingers are crossed also. :hug:

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA- I went to Punta Cana last week with girlfriends, and tomorrow I leave for Riviera Maya in Mexico with Pods! :yay::love::yay: Anyway, I just had to say.....

I am so EXCITED!!!!! I just booked Aulani for August!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I have been stressing soooooooo much over this, because we were using points at the 7 month window in the summer, when there might be higher demand- I had already booked our airfare via mileage points, and already booked 4 nights in Kauai pre- Aulani, so it was a missing piece of the Hawaii puzzle that i REALLY needed to fit. I used the online booking, which for DVC JUST began on the 19th, and THAT combined with having to book 2 days first with one contract and then 4 days 2 days later with my other contract REALLY made it stressful.

But we're REALLY GOING!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Anyway....here are a few pics from last week in Punta Cana. We stayed at Majestic Elegance which REALLY gives you a bang for your buck- beautiful accomodations, lots of restaurants to try, GORGEOUS beach that was not too crowded (especially to a few others we saw). The staff were all excellent- they were all so friendly and helpful! Four nights cost LESS than the flight, and that was all inclusive- drinks and food. :worship: We went to celebrate my friend Fiona's 50th Bday- what a great time we had! We would all definitely go back. Here's a few pics-

097.jpg

119.jpg

284.jpg

362.jpg

392.jpg

396.jpg

432.jpg

See you when we get back!!

Ellen:flower3:

Can't believe I missed your TR until today. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Know the stress of hoping to get Aluani. We booked for our June trip at 7 months to the day and got everything I wanted.

Have fun on your trip and looking forward to the next update.

After our lovely dinner (remember that? A million years ago??) at Yachtsman, we were headed over to EPCOT. On our last trip with Sean, he was NEVER able to ride Test Track. It was just down every single time we went with him. SO SAD!!! Sean LOVES Test Track- a LOT. So we were, of course, headed straight there-

IMG_3209.jpg

Sean was complaining he wanted to go to bed, but since it was before 8pm, we made him soldier on- Sean in bed before 8 means everyone gets up before 4! :scared1: Besides...we were going to Test Track!

click to play-

When Sean says, "Daddy, pick me up"...well, that brings back a lot of memories- he's been saying it his whole life when he's tired and wants to be carried. Very cute when he was 6. Very hard to do when he is 17!!! :rotfl:

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

I can honestly say, when we got to the ride and it was actually running, there were four of us breathing a HUGE sigh of relief! I don't have many pics from the ride, because I just kept taking video of Sean- I could NOT STOP!!

IMG_3213.jpg

click to play-

click to play-

SEAN WAS ECSTATIC!!! :yay: We were all so happy for him- he was in heaven! So much so, we went right back and rode again!

IMG_3220.jpg

Once that was done, we decided to ride SE...but Sean was done. Not wanting to push him any further, Pods took him back to BCV, while T&T&me stayed in the park. Since we lost Sean, we decided to hit Mission Space-

click to play-

click to play-

We have this thing about Seinfeld- so the "Go Time" thing really cracks me up! The boys? Well...they have never seen Seinfeld, so they just think I'm acting like a weirdo- pretty much, they're used to it. :rotfl:

After landing semi safely on Mars, we went on SE-welcome to our future!

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

When we came out of the golf ball, it was Illuminations time- but we did not waste any time looking for seats, because it was so late and we knew (well, I knew) we had primo seats later in the trip. Instead, we took a few bad pics-

IMG_3238.jpg

And a traditional pic, which was minus Sean, but plus multiple random body parts. What the heck?????

IMG_3240.jpg

We did a little window shopping in England-

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

Before exiting the park opur favorite way, through the IG. :cloud9:

Minutes later, back in the villa, Sean was snoring and Pods was watching tv....we called it a night and floated off to sweet dreams.

In the morning...Golf for some, wanderlust for others! Next!

I just wanted to say I've been reading along to your trip report and enjoying the adventures. My brother-in-law is very similar to your oldest and I know the patience that is required, especially during trips (or anything outside of home). My brother-in-law only eats plain pasta with butter when we do trips to Disney. Now that he is 16, he can eat a LOT of plain pasta ;) Quite different than when he was 5. Just know you and your family get extra :hug:.

In the morning, I was the first to rise (I was on DISNEY time!! No sleeping in for me!), so while the boys were all getting ready for a day of golf, I went over to the Marketplace to get breakfast for everyone.

IMG_3244.jpg

I knew they all wanted egg/ham sandwiches, so that's what I brought back for them. And that was when i found out for sure that there were no more freshly made yogurt parfaits- CURSES, DISNEY DINING NAZI!!! :headache: That was one of my favorite things at the BC, has been for YEARS!!!! They do have the pre-made (read- SOGGY ones) in the case, but I was not ready to give in and try one of those yet. Besides, I had some other breakfast plans that morning with my handsome Shawnee....

Anyway, the boys really liked their brekkies-

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

Pods was taking Tim & Ty over to the Magnolia Course for 18 holes of golf this morning, they were teeing off after 10 so they could take advantage of the great discount on the course with our DVC golf membership. I would be having a day alone with Sean first at DTD, and then on to MK- much as we had done our last visit. But this post is all about golf, so....here are the golf pics Pods ACTUALLY took HIMSELF!!! :scared1:

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

The Mickey trap is on this course-

IMG_3251.jpg

Pods says that course is beautiful- so perfectly manicured! When they finished up, they were surprised to see---for the first time EVER (to any of us)- that the Mickey cart was there! How cool!

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

I give MAJOR kudos to Pods for all the pics- I was thrilled he took so many, especially the last 3!! :goodvibes That guy is allllllllllright! :lovestruc

Up next- how Sean & I spent our time together.

i always enjoy your TRs, and this one is no exception :)

hope you have a fabulous new year!

Thank-you, Laurie! I hope you have a happy new year as well!

IMG_5495.jpg

OMG, I nearly ate my laptop screen looking at this steak. :worship:

Those onion rolls didn't look half bad either ... :rolleyes1

:rotfl:That was a very good steak- but the rolls are truly my favorite.
Last night I was scoping out Kapolei restaurants on Yelp- did you mention Thai Lao or Pho & Co to me? Both look like they would be good for takeout to bring back to our ocean view villa to eat while we enjoy the sunset- what do you think? I also was looking at the Fia Fia Luau- I still haven't decided whether or not to do a luau, to be honest. But that one seems much smaller and more intimate. When we were on Hawaii for our honeymoon, we did the luau at our resort, Kona Village- it was EXCELLENT, because it was small and (they told us) authentic. Have you ever heard of the Fia Fia one?

Your photos are making me drool! Yes, those onion rolls are so yummy with that butter and sea salt. I'm happy for you that Sean is eating more of a variety while you are down there. That must make you very glad.

We are going back to WDW for the weekend. Will be staying at one of our home resorts of SSR. Tried to get in to BW but no luck. We love the BW! But that is ok. Just so long as we are there we really don't care where we stay. ;)

Have fun at the Beach!

Sean eating a variety of foods makes me ECSTATIC!!! :banana:

How was your recent SSR visit? I really like SSR- Timmy loved it there- and I am like you- I would stay at any of them and be quite happy to!:thumbsup2

I am so far behind with trip reports. Classes start today at our college and the week or two before they start is pure chaos for faculty and staff alike. Since half of my assigned classes are online, everything has to be up and ready before classes are open to the students (which was 8 am this morning).

How is the semester going?

So far we have been lucky with the new Ipod earrings. Sarah kept the Ipod in her hand for the first few days but never put the buds in her ears. Now she has lost interest in it and tends to turn it on for just an hour or two a day, still not using the buds. I am sure her interest will ebb and flow according to her activity level. I am afraid school keeps Sarah really, really busy. She is in the Jazz club and they meet at 6:50 AM twice a week and she tutors oboe after school on Mondays, she has Irish dance club for two hours each Sunday (and they dance the entire time), art classes on Monday nights, plus her normal school work and homework – so she is a busy, busy young lady. Oh and she has discovered boys:scared1:. By the way, she thinks your boys are cute :ssst: (don't tell her I told you).

She has such great activities! And also great taste in young men! :rotfl:

When I mentioned wind and Sean, I meant rides that go fast enough that you can feel the wind flow through your hair.

That makes sense- yes, i do believe he does enjoy the wind, but not a windy day- just a fast and windy ride.:thumbsup2

Puberty does weird things to all children. It is a rough time for children even when they do not have extra issues to deal with, then throw in atypical physical, psychological or intellectual challenges which a child may deal with on a daily basis and you increase the stress level massively (for both child, siblings and parents). I hope all goes well with Sean’s new meds. My fingers are crossed also. :hug:

Yes- puberty is certainly a wild ride! Having all 3 at some point of it at once is a joy and a pleasure (why did I come back from Mexico again????). :upsidedow Sean's medicine is kicking in, but he is still not where I would like him to be. Ugh. Why did I come home from Mexico again?? :rotfl:

Can't believe I missed your TR until today. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Know the stress of hoping to get Aluani. We booked for our June trip at 7 months to the day and got everything I wanted.

Have fun on your trip and looking forward to the next update.

That's no problem- I accept late readers VERY happily! :goodvibes

Congrats on Aulani to you, too- June was when people were getting closed out- but I'm thinking that was because of the point difference between earlier June and the remainder of the summer (we are paying Top Point for August 21-27). I hope you will report back on your Aulani adventures!!

I just wanted to say I've been reading along to your trip report and enjoying the adventures. My brother-in-law is very similar to your oldest and I know the patience that is required, especially during trips (or anything outside of home). My brother-in-law only eats plain pasta with butter when we do trips to Disney. Now that he is 16, he can eat a LOT of plain pasta ;) Quite different than when he was 5. Just know you and your family get extra :hug:.

Hi Pumpkinfish! Thank-you for the insight- and it's true- a 5 year old plate of pasta or french fries is a whole lot smaller (and less expensive!!) than a 16 or 17 year old one! :rotfl: I'm glad to hear that your BiL still enjoys Disney, though- it is a wonderful thing, as a family. Thank-you for the extra hugs- same back to you- :hug: and double to your Bil- :hug::hug:

Once the golfers had left, Sean and I headed for the bus to DTD. Today was a beautiful, but quite chilly, day.

IMG_5501.jpg

Our AWESOME transportation mojo was still with us, and we were quickly picked up by the bus-

IMG_5502.jpg

After reading about Karin's love of the breakfast pizza at WPE, I knew where we were headed for our first meal of the day- fortunately for us, we walked in with a huge line of patrons who were ALL behind us. I was also feeling optimistic with Sean, and hoped for the best as we ordered some cornflake french toast for him. We went over to grab a seat- Sean must have been pretty hungry, he was getting VERY anxious for the food.

IMG_5503.jpg

Finally, (just in time, I might add) here it was-

IMG_5504.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

O.M.G. Karin! That pizza was soooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious!! And HUGE!!! I ate two slices and wrapped up the rest (and ate it during the rest of the week). I cannot WAIT to have this pizza again! As for Sean and that crazy cornflake french toast-

IMG_5507.jpg

He ate EVERY BITE!! :banana: Well, not the banana (maybe that's why the banana's dancing!) or the strawberry, but I considered it a HUGE deal that he ate that toast- it was not like anything else he has ever had before, I can tell ya that!

When we were finished, we went for a walk. Of course, Sean had to give Buzz a hug-

IMG_5509.jpg

This was the opening day of the Festival of the Masters, and DTD was quickly filling up (but still VERY manageable)- there was soooo much to see! And, there was also alot of interactive craft stuff everywhere.

IMG_5510.jpg

Loads of crafting opportunities- but we were headed for the Lego store. At home, I had asked Sean if he would like to buy a new Lego kit when were in Disney- and many times, he had said yes. So off we went!

IMG_5511.jpg

I just LOVE the new displays-

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5515.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

Well, we walked in the Lego store....and we walked out of the lego store. Sean was not interested in ANYTHING other than getting out of there. Sigh...

So we walked outside, where I tried to get him to interact with some of the activities....

IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

Cont'd next post-

The new store-

IMG_5520.jpg

This was cool- people were coloring in squares-
IMG_5521.jpg

Which then were applied to this board as and became a mural.
IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

But Sean was not interested in coloring (and he loves art!). There was even a Lego one, with the same principle. I don't know why, but Sean had an agenda- and that agenda was to return to the Beach Club. He really wanted to spend as little time as possible here- maybe because it looked so different? Or maybe because...who knows? But I was determined to keep trying anyway-

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

I thought this was original-

IMG_5529.jpg

I decided we should walk back, a different way, of course, to try to see as much as possible.

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5535.jpg

I do hope to have another opportunity to see this festival- there really was a LOT to get involved in, and a ton of amazing arts & crafts- there were some very talented artists in attendance! The first morning was the PERFECT time to go, too- I would HIGHLY recommend it!:thumbsup2

Sean & I hopped on the bus, and, having lost our mojo, waited about 1/2 an hour for it to arrive. :sad2: Back to BCV for us. Which took close to an hour with detours, stops, and traffic. Up next- a nice relaxing day at the Beach Club with Sean. :)

Yay, another update!

Wow, Sean is really branching out in his food choices. Hooray! :banana::banana:

The Lego store, while fun, is very bright, quite chaotic, and really LOUD. I can see where it might have not been Sean's cup of tea that day. :sad1:

Looking foward to more! :thumbsup2

Yay for all the new foods and textures!! That's huge! I am loving your pictures and videos!

That french toast looks amazing! What was on the pizza? That looked delicious, too. Really enjoying your report.

When I saw Dr. Seuss and BCV in the same title I knew I needed to read this thread - and I am glad I did !
Love your TR, BCV, pics, food porn and your family !
Looking forward to more...

Yay, another update!

Wow, Sean is really branching out in his food choices. Hooray! :banana::banana:

The Lego store, while fun, is very bright, quite chaotic, and really LOUD. I can see where it might have not been Sean's cup of tea that day. :sad1:

Looking foward to more! :thumbsup2

He IS branching out with the food- what is HUGE for us here at home is that everyone BUT us has been able to get him to eat pretty much anything. Until this week. It occured to me that if I dangle the carrot (which in his case is french fries) and tell him to eat x first, get french fries second...well, he does it!! :banana: This week he has eaten salmon twice, tilapia and a cheeseburger- not to mention string beans, broccoli, edamame, carrots... YIPPEE!!!!! :banana:

Yay for all the new foods and textures!! That's huge! I am loving your pictures and videos!

YES, it IS!! :lovestruc See what I wrote above-:thumbsup2

That french toast looks amazing! What was on the pizza? That looked delicious, too. Really enjoying your report.

The pizza had scrambled eggs, Niman ranch bacon bits, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and ranch dressing. It was fantastic!:worship:

When I saw Dr. Seuss and BCV in the same title I knew I needed to read this thread - and I am glad I did !
Love your TR, BCV, pics, food porn and your family !
Looking forward to more...

Awww...thank-you!! :hug: I am going to post today- I did an update a few days ago, but it didn't "take". :sad2: Hopefully I'll have more luck today. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter