Following Dr. Seuss to BCV- a November 2011 TR Updates 6/11

Looks like you were able to have a nice day despite the meltdown, and so nice of him to update you that all was well, so that you could relax and enjoy the rest of your meal!

I've been busy lately, but wanted to let you know that I'm so happy to read your trip report! I'm having awful withdrawal and your TRs always have the enough pics, DVC, food, and magic to tide me over for awhile :goodvibes

I can't WAIT for your Aulani report!

Just found your trip report. You are one of the best TR authors. The first TR I ever read was one of your HHI trips. Glad to read that Sean came along and had such a good time. Looking forward to reading the rest.

So....I'm goping to update and then go back for replies, ok?

Tim and I got a BURST of energy when we entered the Magic Kingdom (see? It really IS magical!). My boys always want to ride Space Mountain first, so we headed there-

IMG_3379.jpg

We did not have much of a wait, which I often find to be the case on these nightime excursions-

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

That's me, in the middle, VERY happy not to be in the front row OR the last one. :goodvibes

IMG_3387.jpg

From there, we went over to ride the other two mountains. On the way, we saw-

IMG_3388.jpg

We also saw-

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

Alice on the shroom-

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

After our usual mountain trifecta, we realized even the pixie dust couldn't keep us awake- it had been a long day. So we decided to head back, through the glorious castle.

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

oooohhhh....I do love those icicles....

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

We were home in no time, having GREAT transport mojo, and hit the sack as soon as we got in! Tomorrow was our last full day...and we'd be making up for lost time at DHS in the morning...coming up next!

Looks like you were able to have a nice day despite the meltdown, and so nice of him to update you that all was well, so that you could relax and enjoy the rest of your meal!

Yea- that Pods- he's alllll right! :lovestruc :)

I've been busy lately, but wanted to let you know that I'm so happy to read your trip report! I'm having awful withdrawal and your TRs always have the enough pics, DVC, food, and magic to tide me over for awhile :goodvibes

I can't WAIT for your Aulani report!

Aww....you're so sweet- welcome back! :hug: I am also having withdrawals right now. Good thing I'll be back there in just 3 weeks and a day! :banana:

And I personally CAN wait for the TR from Aulani- looking forward to MAKING it, just not looking forward to writing it. :upsidedow

Just found your trip report. You are one of the best TR authors. The first TR I ever read was one of your HHI trips. Glad to read that Sean came along and had such a good time. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Wow- that's a HUGE compliment- thanks! :hug::woohoo: It's really nice to hear, tho- because this trip was different from most we take. It was slightly draining because we were so worried about Sean the whole time. KWIM?

Wow- HHI- that seems so long ago- I really miss it- I seriously need to figure out how to get in a mini-trip there, maybe with Pods in the fall for golf (not this year tho-). A trip to Hawaii kind of puts other trips on hold, at least for us.

Anyway, thank-you for the kind words- you truly made my day!

Aww....you're so sweet- welcome back! :hug: I am also having withdrawals right now. Good thing I'll be back there in just 3 weeks and a day! :banana:

And I personally CAN wait for the TR from Aulani- looking forward to MAKING it, just not looking forward to writing it. :upsidedow

Hey! You'll be there right about the same time that we'll be back too!

The MSEP is my all time favorite parade. Thanks for sharing the pics. :goodvibes I love Disney all dolled up for the holidays. :cloud9:

Hey! You'll be there right about the same time that we'll be back too!

Cool! We go 3 weeks from today- :banana: staying at BCV for just 2 nights before the Dream. Are you planning on goingn to the Ditch for Cinco de Mayo? I have a feeling we might be there once or twice... :rolleyes: :rotfl:

The MSEP is my all time favorite parade. Thanks for sharing the pics. :goodvibes I love Disney all dolled up for the holidays. :cloud9:

Yea- Disney is magnificent for holidays- especially December holidays! :goodvibes Next year Pods & I are going for my bday (which is the very end of November) JUST because I want to see the decorations. Kind of flip-flopping, though, between WDW & DL....it's REALLY bothering me that I have not been out to DL yet!! WHat do you think?

On our last full day, we ALL slept in. It was wonderful!
Today we had an 11:30 ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe, so when we finally got our act together, that's where we headed off to- hopefully, we would have better luck this morning taking the boat over!

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

The pics are getting me excited for my upcoming trip in less than 2 weeks! :woohoo:

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

Well, it was looking good- only 10 people were waiting for the boat, so I think we'd get to ride today- woohoo!! Timmy was hanging in here-

IMG_3433.jpg

Not that long ago, when the boys were little, and we were waiting on the dock, they would play cops and robbers in here- only place they ever played that game, too. Time goes too fast with kids sometimes.

We arrived to a show when we entered DHS-

IMG_3436.jpg

Tyler, my metalhead, was less than thrilled about it. He is just sooooo cool, that kid! :rolleyes: ANYWAY....the boys and I rode StarWars before heading over to the restaurant-

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

I was hoping, hoping, hoping that we would get a great server- the last time ours was ok, but I wanted someone who would REALLY get in my kids' faces about...well, pretty much anything!! :rotfl:

IMG_3439.jpg

As usual, we were seated at a table with no tv- not a big deal, we could see the tvs at other nearby tables perfectly well, it's just funny that the last time we had a tv table was when Pods & I came here on MGM opening day- and that was a loooooomg time ago! We were seated with a minimum wait, though, which I'm guessing had to do with us having the 11:30 ADR. Usually we wait 45 minutes for our tv-less table.

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

It must be our size of 5.

IMG_3443.jpg

Well, we may not have scored a tv dinner (lunch), but we scored BIG on a CM, Theresa, who would mess with us. LOVED HER!!!!! She had some choice words for too-cool-Tyler-

IMG_3444.jpg

She started right in on Timmy- called him Abercrombie (still now when he wears that shirt, I giggle!).

IMG_3445.jpg

She even started in on Pods, but he said something nice, and she became his fan for life-

IMG_3446.jpg

Of course, I, as the Mom, was treated like a queen. And she was so sweet to Sean-

IMG_3447.jpg

See, I think what happens with alot of the servers, is that they see we have a special needs situation, so they go overboard with kindness- which is absolutely WONDERFUL- except when you are looking to be abused HERE. :) But THIS CM was the perfect combo of abuse and kindness! SCORE!

Cont'd next post-

We were skipping apps today and went straight for the main meal. I had Caesar Salad - Romaine lettuce tossed with caesar dressing, grated parmesan, and garlic croutons. With Salmon $15.49

IMG_3448.jpg

I definitely enjoyed it. Both Pods & Tyler ordered A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes - Crispy-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with all the fixings $19.99

IMG_3449.jpg

Both of them said my meatloaf is better (DUH!) :snooty: but the rest they enjoyed. Timmy was going for Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken - served with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy and southern greens (although we subbed green beans) $16.99

IMG_3451.jpg

Which, of course, he loved- what's not to love about a great big plate of fried chicken?! Sean had the kid's Macaroni & cheese- a couple of bowls full-

IMG_3453.jpg

Tyler also ordered a PB&J shake.

IMG_3454.jpg

SOMEBODY needed help eating their green beans-

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

Someone else needed help finishinng their yummy shake (although he really didn't WANT any help, but Pods insisted)

IMG_3457.jpg

Tyler also needed help finishing veggies- notice the look of terror on Sean's face- I think he was thinkin, "Oh NO! She'd better not be coming for me next!" :rotfl:

IMG_3458.jpg

Impressive that he ate them- he LOVES veggies, but NOT any kind of greens. Way to go Theresa!!

Still not our table-

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

Theresa asked what we would like for dessert, and reflexively we said, "Just the check please" which Timmy was NOT at ALL in favor of. It turns out one of his fave WDW desserts is here- S'mores $4.79

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

He was a happy camper! We said goodbye to Theresa- when we return this November, I hope we are fortunate enough to have lunch with her again. :goodvibes

Up next- a really fun day at DHS!!

So fun! The server really does make all the difference, especially at 50's. So happy you got a good one! I don't have an ADR there for the upcoming trip but am hoping to "sneak" into the bar for the onion rings and a beverage. YUM!

Your pictures are making me excited for my trip too! So anxious to get back "home!" :yay:

So fun! The server really does make all the difference, especially at 50's. So happy you got a good one! I don't have an ADR there for the upcoming trip but am hoping to "sneak" into the bar for the onion rings and a beverage. YUM!

Your pictures are making me excited for my trip too! So anxious to get back "home!" :yay:

The server does make all the difference and you are right- ESPECIALLY at 50's! I love their onion rings- the rest of it I just think is ok, but the atmosphere is PRICELESS- it's like stepping back in time- SO COOL!:thumbsup2

Glad I could help you in the too excited dept!! :yay::yay: I REALLY need to get home, too!!!!!

I just found this report. It will take me awhile to catch up, so I'll comment as I go.

I didn't realize you have an Autistic son. My nephew is as well and I laughed when you used DR. Seuss to lure him to the van. My nephew is 15 and he's all about the muppets.....and straws in his hand. He can't go anywhere without the straws. He has to put them away at school and as soon as he gets home he holds them like it's his first smoke of the day! :rotfl2:

I LOVE the No Way Jose too. I agree, there is nothing better on earth. I introduced it to Claire about a month ago and she agrees, it's pure heaven! :love:

Well, I am back from my latest adventure (TR soon to be started) with the DISmoms, and OF COURSE, we had a blast! But let me get on with the rest of this one for now...

Bellies full, we made a beeline over to TSM. Which...Sean would not ride. But he has never gone on that ride- which is so sad to me, because the Toy Story characters are by FAR his favorite. Oh well. (On a brighter note, this new med that has been added, buspar, seems to be helping. So maybe in November....I have my fingers crossed!). So while Pods & T&T rode that, Sean and I strolled....

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

Ok- this just posted on me, no idea why, but back to more in an edit....

IMG_3471.jpg

Looks like they had some cute drinks for the upcoming holidays...

IMG_3472.jpg

Sean was happy, so life was GOOD!

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

He was even willing to visit OMD, although very briefly. What can I say...but baby steps are treasured even at 17....

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

I got a text that the boys were out, and we were all going to meet near Animation. It seems Pods was the big LOSER in their game, and was giving push-ups to his kids as a prize-

Drop and give me TWENTY!!
IMG_3478.jpg

We were going in to draw, but had a bit of a wait, so Sean tried some of the interactives-

Looks like he is Tarzan-
IMG_3481.jpg

He really enjoyed this-
IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

It was then time for drawing class, so Pods & Sean went back to BCV for a swim while the boys and I headed in to draw....Daisy Duck!

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

We all had masterpieces when we were done!

Ty's-
IMG_3492.jpg

mine-
IMG_3490.jpg

And Timmy drew the best drawing in Donald Duck's history, LOL-
IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

That is one of my FAVORITE experiences in WDW- Just love it!

To be continued.....

We had two more things to accomplish over at DHS before we called it a day. We needed to ride RnRC, that was first- we rode once on the FP line, and then twice more Single rider. Single rider (on this day) was much faster than FP.

While we waited for our first ride, I chatted with a retired Army man who was waiting by himself. You can see him in the first pic seated next to me, taking his glasses off-

IMG_3496.jpg

He had no idea about the single rider line, and so we filled him in- it was GREAT for him, ESPECIALLY because he was alone. Wow, was he ever grateful for THAT little tip!

Two more rides for all of us-

IMG_3497.jpg

Love this one-

IMG_3498.jpg

The next thing we did was not-

IMG_3499.jpg

Timmy isn't crazy about it, and I can do it, but not running to. Instead, I was running to THIS-

IMG_3501.jpg

OK, actually, I was running to a PB cupcake, which is my all-time fave, but...they were out! :sad: This was the red velvet- very good, but I still wish they would have had that PB one. I like that the PB one is kind of filled, while this is just straight cake with frosting and candy on top-

IMG_3504.jpg

Tyler DID get his fave-

IMG_3500.jpg

A marble CC.

IMG_3506.jpg

And Timmy chose some humungo cookies for his treat-

IMG_3502.jpg

Then it was back to the boat, with a brief stop for a pic-

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

At BCV, I noticed the Mermaid on the bow of the ship. Isn't she pretty? I wonder what she's trying to say....

IMG_3512.jpg

Probably head back to your villa, your family is freakin exhausted!

Up next- my quickie trip to F&W-

I just found this report. It will take me awhile to catch up, so I'll comment as I go.

I didn't realize you have an Autistic son. My nephew is as well and I laughed when you used DR. Seuss to lure him to the van. My nephew is 15 and he's all about the muppets.....and straws in his hand. He can't go anywhere without the straws. He has to put them away at school and as soon as he gets home he holds them like it's his first smoke of the day! :rotfl2:

I LOVE the No Way Jose too. I agree, there is nothing better on earth. I introduced it to Claire about a month ago and she agrees, it's pure heaven! :love:

Hi Jen!! :hug: I'm so glad you found me!

So- straws, huh? I think autistic people need one constant they can rely on to get through the day. So, straws it is! It probably IS like his first smoke of the day, LOL! :rotfl: Good thing it's much healthier!

We are going to hit B&C in November with DH's family- I'm hoping there will be enough people splitting the kitchen sink that I can share a No Way Jose with someone- I really missed having it this last trip, even if all the ingredients were in there somewhere- I sure couldn't find them!

I'm still trying to catch up....up to the festival of the masters right now...and I had never heard of it before...so I looked it up and it will be going on while we are there this year. I might have to check it out....thanks for a new thing to do. I would've never known.

I finally read through everything.. I love it. I extra love it because it's about the same time time frame that I am going in, so I can get a feel for the weather too.

Well....since it seems some people just don't have the same stamina as some other people in Disney, my family stayed in the villa watching a game while I went off by myself to peruse F&W (which we had not partaked in at all on this trip). So...off I went-

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

And my first stop was something I could really have anytime, but I wanted one THIS time, all the same! A citron Slushie-

IMG_3515.jpg

Then it was time to hit some food! I tried to limit myself to some Must Dos that I read read about on here as being well received. First was New Zealand- Seared scallop with Kumara-Red Curry Puree and apple radish salad-

IMG_3516.jpg

Next was Singapore- Shrimpcake on Sugarcane Skewer with Singapore Noodles-

IMG_3517.jpg

I do remember enjoying both of those. Next, I stopped at Hops & Barley in the USA- for Pumpkin Mousse with Ocean Spray Craisins and Orange Sauce-

IMG_3519.jpg

THAT was AMAZING!!!! :cheer2: I enjoyed it so much, in fact, I prepared it myself for dessert at a friend's house on Thanksgiving. It is TDF, if you enjoy pumpkin at ALL. In case you are interested, here is a link to the recipe- http://www.oceanspray.com/Recipes/C...usse-Trifle-with-Cranberries-and-Apricot.aspx. Come to think of it, I made this again another time. YUMMMMMM!!

My next stop was in Poland for Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi with Carmelized Onions and sour cream-

IMG_3520.jpg

I am half Hungarian, so Kielbasa is near and dear to me- this was all delicious!

Next was China for Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles-

IMG_3521.jpg

Wow, am I a pig, or what?? :rotfl: At this point, I was you-know-where on my little solo trip around the world, so I went to say hi to my favorite Mexican friend, Bulmaro-

IMG_3522.jpg

So, I walk into the Ditch and yell "Hey! Hola Bulmaro!" to which he replies-

"Hey! Where have you been?!"

Ummm...I live in Nj? And it's a little hard for me to get here for happy hour on Fridays (even though I do my BEST, it just a little too much of a hike, even for the world's best Rita)?

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hellloooooooo, Rita!

IMG_3523.jpg

I told him I'd be back in May with the Moms (although it turned out we barely saw him that day- it was Cinco de Mayo- no standing at the bar, Amigo!), and went out-

IMG_3525.jpg

To stuff 2 more things into my face- and I was already full- but, I REALLY wanted to try them, so I stuffed them in-

In Mexico, a Rib Eye taco-

IMG_3526.jpg

And in Hawaii, I took a pic of the tuna poke- so this was Tuna Poke with seaweed salad and lotus chip-

IMG_3530.jpg

And then this was the straw that broke the camel's back- or pig's belly (me being said pig)- also in Hawaii, Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise-

IMG_3531.jpg

Ireally wanted to try it, because in planning Hawaii, I kept on seeing Kalua Pork EVERYWHERE...but, UGH. That one I can STILL taste- it was very good, it was just the slider too far, ya know? :eek:

I waddled over to Canada, and spent a little time checking out Off Kilter-

IMG_3534.jpg

Before rejoining my family at Rose & Crown for WHAT???? :scared1: DINNER???!!!! :scared:

Next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts