Following Dr. Seuss to BCV- a November 2011 TR Updates 6/11

Thanks for letting me blabber on and on- it's kind of nice to see it all written out like this, and will also make it easier to show Pods- when I just talk about Hawaii, he can't absorb ANY of it, because he is ensconced in tax season and his brain is all numbers and tax laws lately!

I love your Trip reports and can't wait to read your Aulani one! I can't believe it's only been 4 months since I was there - it was SUCH a wonderful vacation!

That is quite the trip you have planned. It really does sound and look heavenly. Can't wait to read about it when you are back. :)

Oh, and what a nice picture of Cammie, her daughter and you. Her daughter has really grown up since last seeing pictures of her. Glad to know that she is still around and loving Disney.

I love your Trip reports and can't wait to read your Aulani one! I can't believe it's only been 4 months since I was there - it was SUCH a wonderful vacation!

Well, I LOVED reading YOURS!! :worship: I hope I will do it justice! Pods and I are already talking about going back- next time, in January without the kids. So we can do more historical, adult stuff, not just all the extreme action adventures we are doing this time. :rotfl: And I REALLY want to see the whales- :lovestruc

That is quite the trip you have planned. It really does sound and look heavenly. Can't wait to read about it when you are back. :)

Oh, and what a nice picture of Cammie, her daughter and you. Her daughter has really grown up since last seeing pictures of her. Glad to know that she is still around and loving Disney.

Cammie & Lauren are both doing well- we all really missed her on our last DISmom trip and are so happy she decided to join us this time! :dance3:

Tyler, Timmy & I arrived at DHS ahead of Pods & Sean because they had stopped at the BW to use the facilities- I texted Pods, and he said to go ahead in, and we would meet up at some point- if not before, then at our dinner at Brown Derby. So the first thing T&T wanted to do was hit Star Tours, since they still hadn't seen the update-

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

We all thought it was GREAT! Next, we headed over to RnRC- where we met up with P&S-

IMG_3279.jpg

We took turns, Pods & I, riding with T&T-

IMG_3280.jpg

LOVE that ride, it's my absolute FAVORITE!! Now it was time to go over for our ADR at BD-

IMG_3282.jpg

We checked in, and waited about 5 or 10 minutes for our ADR-

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

Brown Derby is a restaurant we have always enjoyed- I feel like it often gets a bad rap, and I can't understand it. My meals there have always been delicious, and this one was to be no exception! I started with The Fabulous Mariness -Absolut Pears Vodka, Patrón Silver, Lime Juice, Muddled Strawberries, and
Cilantro

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

It was lovely- but I think next time I will try one of the MANY flights they offer- this is a GREAT cocktail restaurant!

IMG_3291.jpg

Sean was being very sweet- he wanted me to "do" Blue (you know- make the noises Blue makes)-

IMG_3294.jpg

Sean has these jokes- he likes to say "Steve" and then we say "Daddy" then he says "Mommy" and we say "Blue". :goodvibes I guess he likes the male/female correlation and he finds it VERY amusing.

Pods started with Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls, Snow Crab Claw, and an Asian Slaw with spicy Miso Aïoli 13.00

IMG_3295.jpg

He really enjoyed them. I was in the mood for salad, so I bucked tradition and nixed the BD Salad in favor of Bibb Lettuce Salad drizzled with a Peppercorn-Sweet Onion Dressing, Cherry Tomatoes,
Shaved Radishes, and Parmesan-Seed Frico 10.00

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

Wow- was that delicious! Pods & I both thought it was perfection! Tyler had Portsmouth Lobster Bisque, Tarragon Oil, and a Sweet Corn-Lobster Relish 10.00

IMG_3297.jpg

How fortunate for our wallet he was on a lobster diet this vacation. :rolleyes2 He did love this soup, though! French fries were brought out for Sean immediately, and they kept coming. We had such a nice server here! For my entree, I was DYING to try Coriander-dusted Grouper, Cauliflower Risotto, Pea Tendrils, crunchy Sunchokes,and a Yellow Tomato Coulis 33.00

IMG_3300.jpg

Actually, looking at it, I also see purple cauliflower- anyway, whatever was on that plate, it was magnificent- I thoroughly enjoyed my entree! I encouraged Pods to have Sterling Silver Pan-seared Pork Tenderloin, Herb and Four-Cheese Spaetzle with Applewood-smoked Bacon,
Shallots, Sweet Peppers, Braised Red Cabbage, and an Apple Cider Jus 33.00

IMG_3301.jpg

Tyler had it too-

IMG_3303.jpg

Both of them thoroughly enjoyed their meals. The menu here was a little overwhelming for Tim, so he ordered from the children's menu and had Grilled Chicken Breast - with red potatoes, and broccoli $9.00

IMG_3304.jpg

It was perfect for him. We had our dinner with these famous faces-

IMG_3305.jpg

Sean, having finished his fries, decided he would help me finish my plate as well-

IMG_3307.jpg

Sorry, but we once again skipped dessert! Oh well...one day, I'll try that grapefruit cake! Maybe my best shot is at Starring Roles...Naaah...I have to have a cupcake when I go there!! HBD is my favorite in-Park restaurant. That includes ALL of WDW and also Universal.

So there! :)

Up next- Osbourne Lights!!!

I'm so glad you're back!!!! I need your help!!! Glad to hear that Evil Jungle Curry is good- I saw it on Yelp, and it looks soooo good!! And I do like spice- so how spicy are we talkin'? Pho & Co is Vietnamese- I LOVE Vietnamese food, and there really aren't any V restaurants nearby at home, so I will definitely be going there, too. I have to look up your post from that other thread with your restaurant recs- I had saved them all in my favorites, but my DELL computer crashed and I lost everything in January.

Here's the link to one of my latest food recommendation posts. Mild spicy for Thai would be Tabasco level spiciness. I'm sure that the highest levels of spiciness would approach ghost chili level of spiciness so adjust accordingly :goodvibes

As for Vietnamese, my favorite place to eat pho on that side of the island is Cuu Long in the Pearl Kai Shopping Center. It'd be relatively close to Pearl Harbor so it might be good for a stop after visiting the Arizona Memorial for lunch. Parking is sort of bad despite it being in a strip mall and there tends to be a line (moves pretty quickly though) at popular meal times though. It really is a hole in the wall but the food is really good.

We decided against the luau- thanks for the advice. I am not big on super-touristy stuff, anyway. What are the Hawaiian restaurants you speak of???

The closest one to Aulani is going to be Highway Inn in Waipahu. Great food, excellent pipi kaula. But portions are kind of small and prices are high (there's a reason why my friends and I also nicknamed it "Highway Robbery" :lmao: ). Farther away, good places are Young's Fish Market in Kalihi (one of my favorites) and Yama's Fish Market in Honolulu (more of a take-out place in town) - used to go here all the time when I used to live nearby. The classic places are Helena's Hawaiian Foods on North School Street (in town near Pali Highway) and Ono's Hawaiian Foods in Kaimuki (near Waikiki).

My guess is that Young's will be your best option if you're driving back from town, or visiting some place like the Byodo-In (if you're coming back from the Windward side, taking the Likelike Highway (lee-KAY-lee-KAY) will plop you into Kalihi at the end of it, close to Young's) or if you're coming back on Pali Highway, you'll end up close to Helena's. Most likely will need GPS to find any of these places though.

great TR update, BTW! Love the picture of the pork tenderloin, looks very yum! :) Surprisingly pink in the center for a restaurant - I'm in favor of not killing pork by overcooking it but restaurants tend to be overly cautious.

:hug:
Here's the link to one of my latest food recommendation posts. Mild spicy for Thai would be Tabasco level spiciness. I'm sure that the highest levels of spiciness would approach ghost chili level of spiciness so adjust accordingly :goodvibes

As for Vietnamese, my favorite place to eat pho on that side of the island is Cuu Long in the Pearl Kai Shopping Center. It'd be relatively close to Pearl Harbor so it might be good for a stop after visiting the Arizona Memorial for lunch. Parking is sort of bad despite it being in a strip mall and there tends to be a line (moves pretty quickly though) at popular meal times though. It really is a hole in the wall but the food is really good.

The closest one to Aulani is going to be Highway Inn in Waipahu. Great food, excellent pipi kaula. But portions are kind of small and prices are high (there's a reason why my friends and I also nicknamed it "Highway Robbery" :lmao: ). Farther away, good places are Young's Fish Market in Kalihi (one of my favorites) and Yama's Fish Market in Honolulu (more of a take-out place in town) - used to go here all the time when I used to live nearby. The classic places are Helena's Hawaiian Foods on North School Street (in town near Pali Highway) and Ono's Hawaiian Foods in Kaimuki (near Waikiki).

My guess is that Young's will be your best option if you're driving back from town, or visiting some place like the Byodo-In (if you're coming back from the Windward side, taking the Likelike Highway (lee-KAY-lee-KAY) will plop you into Kalihi at the end of it, close to Young's) or if you're coming back on Pali Highway, you'll end up close to Helena's. Most likely will need GPS to find any of these places though.

Thank-you very, very much!! :worship: I have all your posts favorited- hopefully my Dell won't crash AGAIN between now and then! :headache: And we'll have a GPS- the one on my DH's phone- do you all use Verizon or At&t out there for the most part? Just curious.

Also- I am reading (with my book group) Molokai- it is a FASCINATING book! Such an amazing story, and so complex. Have you been on Father Damien's tour? Is that something native Hawaiians do, or is it something that's too touristy? _Thanks for all the help- you REALLY are awesome!!

great TR update, BTW! Love the picture of the pork tenderloin, looks very yum! :) Surprisingly pink in the center for a restaurant - I'm in favor of not killing pork by overcooking it but restaurants tend to be overly cautious.

I agree- many do tend to be overly cautious with pork, so many people think it has to be completely overcooked to be safe- when in reality, trichanosis has not been an issue for many, many years.

:hug:
Thank-you very, very much!! :worship: I have all your posts favorited- hopefully my Dell won't crash AGAIN between now and then! :headache: And we'll have a GPS- the one on my DH's phone- do you all use Verizon or At&t out there for the most part? Just curious.

We use everything in Hawaii - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile are all well represented here. There's even a home grown cell phone service called Mobi that's pretty popular too. Luckily, streets don't change very much in Hawaii so you don't need to worry about GPS maps being out of date too much.

Also- I am reading (with my book group) Molokai- it is a FASCINATING book! Such an amazing story, and so complex. Have you been on Father Damien's tour? Is that something native Hawaiians do, or is it something that's too touristy? _Thanks for all the help- you REALLY are awesome!!

Embarrassingly I have yet to go to Molokai or Lanai myself. They're both on the list of places to go but we somehow always end up going to another island or to the mainland on vacation! Many locals have done the tour though so no worries that it's too "touristy". :) And not to burst your bubble, Ellen, but I'm nowhere near native Hawaiian, in case you were thinking I was :rotfl: Those of us that are born / raised in Hawaii call ourselves locals or kama'aina, as opposed to people who actually have native Hawaiian blood (the kanaka maoli).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Ok.....where were we....ah yes, We had just finished a lovely meal at HBD. Sean was getting antsy, so Pods left with him to go back, while the rest of us went over to see the Osbourne Lights. Hopefully. The official park closing time was 8pm, and we were past that. But I made the boys hustle over, not even slowing down to take a decent pic of-

IMG_3308.jpg

I was hoping for at least a glimpse of the lights- we had not seen them for several years due to them being turned on later and later in the year- I think on our last visit, we JUST missed them. So imagine our joy and wonder when, even after park closing, they were still in full swing!

IMG_3312.jpg

Our touring plans for this vacation were to come and enjoy the lights on our last night...so this was just a bonus. So I took some photos, but nothing great because I didn't have my DSLR with me- so this is just with my water camera. Still, they are sooo beautiful!!

IMG_3310.jpg

Complete with snow...

IMG_3313.jpg

Timmy really gets it- I love this pic of him-

IMG_3314.jpg

Tyler....doesn't catch on so quickly...
IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

Eventually, the elusive teenage smile appeared...

IMG_3321.jpg

Tim liked the hoop-

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

I love these lights- they just make you feel so GOOD inside...

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

MAN! They got so big so FAST! I am a MIDGET!!

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

It turns out, it was a very, very good thing we took the time on this night to visit the lights. We just never made it back here. Once again proving the lesson don't put off til tomorrow......

Cont'd next post-

Don't you just love that cross-body bag!?!?!?! Holds just what you need. (I have the same one.) Interesting in all of the photos of the beautiful lights what I noticed! :thumbsup2

We hopped on the looooong line for the boat back...and as I recall, we were some of the last to board.

IMG_3336.jpg

We definitely breathed a HUGE sigh of relief after our earlier evening's experience.

It was the floor for the boys-

IMG_3337.jpg

WDW DOES wear you out, apparently even more so if you went golfing in the morning. Those kids were TIRED!!

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

After the first stop, we were able to actually grab a seat outside-

IMG_3343.jpg

And walk back to the villa-

IMG_3344.jpg

The boys threw themselves right onto the bed- I mean, pull out couch- and Sean was already snoring away blissfully back in the bedroom. Seeing things were secure, Pods and I decided to step out for a bit- and do one of my FAVORITE things- we headed over to EPCOT, to have a quiet and romantic glass of champagne (or two) in Paris....

30770800000.jpg

I had done this with the DISmoms in May- we had discovered that even though EPCOT closes (tonight that was at 10), you can stay and hang out for a looooong time if you'd like, absorbing and enjoying the deserted park.

Which is especially nice back in France with a glass of champagne. Or two. ;)

IMG_3347.jpg

There were two girls sitting at the table next to us, and- I know, shock and surprise- we struck up a conversation.

OK- I struck up a conversation. Pods just sits and observes. Actually, he may have thrown a word or two in that night- I guess he was feeling chatty. :rotfl2:

Really, the girls were alot of fun- they were staying at the GF for a wedding the next day. Their friend who was getting married (they were friends of the groom) had been told- along with the entire wedding party- that they were to be in bed early and sans alcohol so as not to mess up the pics the next day by the Bridezilla.

They, however, were rule breakers and not in the wedding party anyway, so they were living on the edge finishing their gran marnier slushies at 10 pm, waaaay past the admonished bedtime.

They were REALLY funny- especially the one from NJ (of course!). :rotfl2: As the evening went on, the cleaning crew came out. And we were privaleged to meet the MOST charming and wonderful CM....he was ADORABLE. ESPECIALLY because he gave me a flower, obviously, he has AMAZING taste in women! :laughing: I took his pic with our two new friends-

IMG_3349.jpg

What a super way to end a day in Disney. :cloud9:

We were back in the villa before 11, and in bed watching the Big Salad on Seinfeld by 11-

IMG_3353.jpg

Tomorrow- we're hitting Kouzzina for breakfast. YUMMMMMMM.......

I love all your pictures and your boys look fun! I appreciate the fact that you are enjoying a 1 bedroom with 5, it's funny how so many people think that is tight, but compared to plain hotel rooms, I think it is perfect. We do it too!

Great update. :thumbsup2 The drinks look amazing!

Thanks! How the heck did you have enough letters to make turkois on WWF??? I had 4 "I"s and a space! :rotfl::worship:

We use everything in Hawaii - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile are all well represented here. There's even a home grown cell phone service called Mobi that's pretty popular too. Luckily, streets don't change very much in Hawaii so you don't need to worry about GPS maps being out of date too much.

Great! In the Caribbean they favor ATT&T and it can be VERY challenging to use your cell phone.

Embarrassingly I have yet to go to Molokai or Lanai myself. They're both on the list of places to go but we somehow always end up going to another island or to the mainland on vacation! Many locals have done the tour though so no worries that it's too "touristy". :) And not to burst your bubble, Ellen, but I'm nowhere near native Hawaiian, in case you were thinking I was :rotfl: Those of us that are born / raised in Hawaii call ourselves locals or kama'aina, as opposed to people who actually have native Hawaiian blood (the kanaka maoli).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

OK- so then I won't feel too bad not heading over to Molokai myself! :laughing: Great book, though- I just downloaded "Honolulu" on my Kindle- it's by the same author. The books are making Hawaii's history come alive to me. :thumbsup2

And thanks, once again, for all your help!:hug:

Don't you just love that cross-body bag!?!?!?! Holds just what you need. (I have the same one.) Interesting in all of the photos of the beautiful lights what I noticed! :thumbsup2

Yes, I DO!! :lovestruc I love that I forget it's there- I'm a fan of the wristlets, too- but they don't fit my :lovestruclittle camera- well, one does, but it's Coach, and for fancier stuff than park touring. :snooty:
Yes, that is funny that's what you saw in all the pics! You must be a huge fan of those bags! :goodvibes

I love all your pictures and your boys look fun! I appreciate the fact that you are enjoying a 1 bedroom with 5, it's funny how so many people think that is tight, but compared to plain hotel rooms, I think it is perfect. We do it too!

Thank-you! :hug: And I agree- 1 bdrm still seems huge to us, I'm just happy to have that space- as long as Sean is happy on that air mattress, it will work for us!

OOPS! I forgot! I took some Flip video of the lights- one of these in when they are dancing. :dance3:

Click to play-

Click to play-

Yay, another installment!

I agree, the lights are bee-yoo-tiful. :thumbsup2

Since my kids are only 8, our steal away to Epcot days are years away. However, that looks like fun, and I will aspire to it in (far into) the future. :rotfl:

Yay, another installment!

I agree, the lights are bee-yoo-tiful. :thumbsup2

Since my kids are only 8, our steal away to Epcot days are years away. However, that looks like fun, and I will aspire to it in (far into) the future. :rotfl:

Ahhh...we had lots of romantic evenings on the balcony sipping wine while our little ones slept inside- actually, at the BC, but the hotel part. :) Your day will come sooner than you know!

Our fourth day at WDW began with breakfast at Kouzzina. And, I have to warn you, I don't have alot of pics- for alot of this day, actually. Because my Dell hard drive crashed. On my computer that was a little over a year old. Which I should have expected, because they had already replaced my laptop once, when the same thing happened at 3 months. Shame on me for not backing up more of the photos. :guilty: But....all of my water camera pics were already uploaded to photobucket, so it's just pics from this day that are missing (unless I had already put them on FB, etc). ANYWAY.....

I really wanted to go here again because we had had an UNBELIEVABLE breakfast on our DISmoms trip, and I wanted Pods to try it. We checked in just before our 9:20 ADR, and were seated probably at 9:30. Sean was not all that happy about being here this morning, but he dealt with it once he knew there was French Toast to be had. :) I'm going to use some food porn from that other breakfast here....

I had a glass of white sangria- it is very light on alcohol, and very yummy!

IMG_3496.jpg

I also had to order what I had eaten before, which was Stacked Kouzzina Breakfast - Two Poached Eggs, Kalamata Olive toast, Artichoke Spread and Sweet potato Hash with choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage - $11.99

IMG_3498.jpg

It is just SUCH a yummy, yummy brekkie! I was also having the pressed pot-

IMG_3495.jpg

Although, sadly, Joan was not sitting across from me as I drank it. :rolleyes: I was able to find some pics of food online, so here's whatelse we had-

Sean had a double order of kids french toast, which he devoured-

DSC04687-500x375.jpg

Tyler was more adventurous, and chose French Toast Baklava - Grilled Fig and Anise country bread with honey, walnuts and cinnamon with your choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage $11.99

8876_c_img.jpg

He loved it- but I think he prefers Tonga Toast just a little bit, since that is hands down his favorite breakfast of all time.

I told Pods to order Breakfast Skillet - served with eggs, Pequillo peppers, Nueske's bacon, onions, and Greek cheese on Sweet potato hash and topped with arugula $13.99 (I'm just SO bossy, LOL! Really, it's that he can never make up his mind and I hit it 99% of the time when it comes to getting him fed, so...yea, that. :rotfl2:)

2012-02-23Kouzzina-13.jpg

My 99% success rate remains! He really liked this! Timmy ordered a generic kids breakast I think, so no pics of that. ANYWAY....since it was noted on the ADR that it was my birthday at some point this year, lucky me, I got a cupcake and an OPAH song!

319162_2378647142822_1149955473_32237008_1067038118_n.jpg

I'm definitely looking forward to going back here with the DISmoms in just over 6 weeks from today! :banana: We have a breakfast ADR set for the morning we go on the Dream. :lovestruc

We left Kouzzina and walked over to the BW bus stop. And for who knows what reason, Sean became extremely agitated. My only guess would be that he was expecting to go to the BC bus stop. :confused3 Pods once again volunteered to take him back to BCV and meet us once he calmed down.

It made all of us feel pretty bad, and stressed, I have to say. FWIW- I can tell you that NOW he is doing GREAT! :cloud9: But then? When his meds weren't working to help him cope? Not so good.

Well, T&T & I headed for the rides we knew Sean doesn't like, to get them out of the way. First, we went on the Safari ride, since we had not done that in a couple of years and saw this hippo-

393728_2378649542882_1149955473_32237011_992428536_n.jpg

The safari CM explained it was unusual to see hippos out of the water, so, lucky us! Then we walked over to EE, and on the way detoured for-

307770_2378651462930_1149955473_32237013_1506829114_n.jpg

I think we rode EE twice-

375773_2378654102996_1149955473_32237015_1637402393_n.jpg

Before we got a text from Pods saying they were in the park! So we headed over to Dinoland and all took a spin on-

392671_2378656543057_1149955473_32237016_27349891_n.jpg

I think Pods & T&T rode Primeval Whirl, and then the boys and I rode Dinosaur. After which we went in search of french fries for Sean, who was still not happy- I think we got some at Flame Tree BBQ. We also walked by this band at some point-

click to play-

which was either before or after Pods & T & T got soaked on Kali...after which we went in search of Kusafiri Bakery, so that Tyler could have a cupcake. Can I just say, he was in HEAVEN over this one!

5098006038_893548f509.jpg

Tim had a HUGE chocolate chip cookie.

Of course they thanked me profusely for knowing this even existed. And i said, Thank the DISboards, because that's why we're here. :goodvibes

We all decided enough was enough, and it would be a good idea to go back to BCV and take a break. Not our best day in AK ever, but certainly we made sure to have some fun!

Up next- tennis anyone?

We were enjoying a little down time in our villa- Sean was in desperate need of a break, and we had some time before our ADR at The Wave. Timmy decided he didn't need any down time- and wanted to go play tennis. Which cracks me up- because the only time Timmy EVER plays tennis is on vacation. EVER. He just likes to experience EVERYTHING (when he is away) that is being offered. He is SOOOO my kid- :rotfl: Actually, of all 3 boys, he is the one who (although he looks just like Pods) IS most like me- both in good and bad ways. Not that there's really ANY bad to speak of. :rolleyes: Anywho, we decided Pods would take him, while I hung out with Sean, and off they went.

IMG_3355.jpg

Once they were back, we got ready for dinner, then headed to the bus stop (an hour before our ADR) to begin our journey to The Contemporary.

IMG_3358.jpg

I KNEW we should have hoofed it through EPCOT and taken the monorail, but somehow we chose the bus instead. BIG mistake. Buses were not very timely to MK from BCV that night, and we ended up about 20 minutes late for our ADR. And the Wave was PACKED! There were TONS of people waiting to be seated when we arrived.

Uh-Oh......

When the CM handed me my pager, she said that they were running about 30- 45 minutes behind. :scared1:

Uh-OH....

Sean was ok for a while......I walked him around the lobby, went up and down the escalator, went over by the coffee....

Then, Pods started to get antsy. Largely due to the fact that he was worried Sean was going to start freaking out.

How perceptive of him.

Pods told me to go to the bar and order some fries or something- so, that's what I did, kind of-

IMG_3359.jpg

I did go to the bar, and I did order the closest thing they had to french fries, which were potato wedges.

While I was waiting there for that, Pods was walking Sean around. Except...that was when Sean started freaking out. It was ENOUGH. He wanted fries, and he wanted OUT!

By the time the wedges were delivered-

IMG_3361.jpg

Sean was beyond reason- and he was soooooo done. We were all going to leave, and Pods just said I'll go back, I'll see you later. And ran out of there in search of the BC bus at MK, I guess.

Soon after that....the pager flashed.

T&T& I went in, and I can honestly say- at this point we were TAPPED OUT. We all felt horrible about Sean, and it was quite sometime before Pods was able to calm him down, get him back to BCV, and get fries etc from somewhere for their dinner and then let us know all of that. Pods was fine with Sean- but the rest of us had what I guess you would call "survivors Guilt". But, here's the thing- we HAD to make the best of it. So...we did.

Anyway....we all placed our orders, and Tyler started with a Mega-Berry Smoothie - Raspberry Purée and Nonfat Yogurt blended with Odwalla Berries GoMega, an excellent source of Omega-3 $4.69

IMG_3362.jpg

We all shared The Wave Appetizer for Two (or three, for us!) - sauteed sea scallops with rock shrimp and lump crab cakes $15.99

IMG_3363.jpg

Here are the crabcakes a little closer-

IMG_3364.jpg

Pods made sure to let us know Sean was happy as a clam back in the villa, and he was equally happy to put up his feet and have a beer in the room. :thumbsup2 That made things MUCH MUCH better for ALL of us! :goodvibes It certainly made that appetizer a WHOLE lot more appealing, that's for sure!
Our dinners came out- Tyler had ordered Whole Grain Penne Pasta - with Florida White Shrimp, Cedar Key Clams, Prince Edward Island Mussels, and Roasted Fennel-Tomato Broth $25.99 (although this looks more like a sauce than a broth to me...)

IMG_3365.jpg

He said it was very, very good. I had Chili-Soy Marinated Flat Iron Steak - Thai-Chili-Ginger Long Beans and Udon Noodles $21.99

IMG_3366.jpg

It was very tasty, and I especially enjoyed the long beans. Tim had some kind of steak, I think-

IMG_3367.jpg

I don't see it on the current menu, and I am at a loss as to what it exactly was! But he seemed pretty happy about it-

IMG_3368.jpg

To be continued- we actually ate DESSERT!!! :scared1:

We ordered dessert, and had something....no longer on the menu! Sorry about that! It was good, though- especially because it allowed us to share three yummy things! :goodvibes

IMG_3370.jpg

We did all enjoy The Wave- I would not say it was my favorite meal of all time, but I would say it was a nice change from the usual and I would not hesitate to go back again.

As we were waiting for the check, Tyler said, "Alright. I'm tired. I'm goin back."

HUH??? No MK??? In the dark?? Nope- he was EXHAUSTED. And at 14, I VERY nervously let him go on his own- after I drilled him and made him tell me EXACTLY how he would go- he was off. Kinda scary for Mom, but he was fine- he has certainly been to WDW enough to know his way around. Nice, that we have been so often this is the result.

I do LOVE my DVC! :lovestruc

Timmy and I, however, were ready for some fun!

IMG_3370.jpg

Via monorail....

IMG_3372.jpg

Aaahhhh....

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

To be continued.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter