• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I see that I have a four day base ticket on there. So that is all I need? At midnight it should just unlock and let me book the FP?

Yes. Keep refreshing the first page (tip from a few pages ago, and one I did not know when making mine). Hope you get what you like.:goodvibes

I have done the same thing for the same night!! I couldn't believe they were all gone at MN on 60 day mark either! We did not have any trouble getting wishes or MSEP on our last trip.
I think part of the problem with the availability is the limited nights MSEP and Wishes take place in the fall due to MNSSHP? I've not seen MSEP available at ALL during my upcoming trip so far!

This thread has helped us immensely!! Now I have a question. Looking at November 8, we have 3 FP+ booked, the Mine Train, Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise. Thinking about changing 1 or 2 of those to the FoF parade and/or MSEP.

Opinions? Advice?? Would you do it? No kids in our group, just 3 grown-up ladies who act like kids :)

Well I see that I have a four day base ticket on there. So that is all I need? At midnight it should just unlock and let me book the FP?
Yes. Once your window opens, your trip dates will be in blue and ready for scheduling!! :)

I think part of the problem with the availability is the limited nights MSEP and Wishes take place in the fall due to MNSSHP? I've not seen MSEP available at ALL during my upcoming trip so far!
Our last trip was the week after Thanksgiving. Not only was it busy but the Christmas party was going so nights for MSEP and Wishes were limited then too. I don't know why they are so hard to get this time around! I guess they are getting popular.

This thread has helped us immensely!! Now I have a question. Looking at November 8, we have 3 FP+ booked, the Mine Train, Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise. Thinking about changing 1 or 2 of those to the FoF parade and/or MSEP.

Opinions? Advice?? Would you do it? No kids in our group, just 3 grown-up ladies who act like kids :)

I would rather wait after dark for MSEP, then stand in line during the day. Grabbing a treat and waiting for it is part of the excitement I think.

Mesaboy2, I have a question for you regarding your signature. I noticed you only list that you've been once to the MVMCP, is there a reason/s for that? Sorry this off topic.

Back to the topic though. So I'm understanding this correctly, I should never hit cancel for a FP+ only change it or reassign it, otherwise it's completely gone? I'm really hoping this will all make more sense, when it's actually in front of me.

1. Mesaboy2, I have a question for you regarding your signature. I noticed you only list that you've been once to the MVMCP, is there a reason/s for that? Sorry this off topic.

2. Back to the topic though. So I'm understanding this correctly, I should never hit cancel for a FP+ only change it or reassign it, otherwise it's completely gone? I'm really hoping this will all make more sense, when it's actually in front of me.

1. MVMCP was fun, but just didn't impress me as much as MNSSHP does so we tend to go back to that one. MNSSHP's counter will increase to 5 by the end of the month. ;)

2. My understanding is that once you outright cancel an FP on MDX, it takes a call to Disney IT to get it back.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I thought our experience might help someone else. Last week we were at HS. As our 5th FP we got the early show of Fantasmic. When my husband got them from the kiosk he was told that those FPs don't ensure certain seats, they just ensure you can get into the theater for that showing. We arrived well before the FP time listed, and there were not many seats left. So it seems to me that even with a FP, you still need to arrive at Fantasmic very early or you could possibly end up in the old standing room only section way in the back. I do not know how the second showing was, but I'm sure as usual it was less crowded than the first showing. Hope this helps.

1. MVMCP was fun, but just didn't impress me as much as MNSSHP does so we tend to go back to that one. MNSSHP's counter will increase to 5 by the end of the month. ;)

2. My understanding is that once you outright cancel an FP on MDX, it takes a call to Disney IT to get it back.

Thank you very much! We're still contemplating going to the party or not. Enjoy MNSSHP again! We did enjoy MHP at DLR last year, although I was really bummed when I found out they didn't have the gravediggers. Lol! It was still very fun! My favorite part of MHP was the Cadaver Dan's floating down the rivers of America.

Again thank you, I did not realize you could call to get it back.

Dumb(o?) question. It's been a few years since we've been to WDW and we haven't seen the new Fantasyland yet. I noticed in your priority list you have Dumbo as a C. This used to be a tougher line to tackle so we always did it early back in the day.
This has changed, I take it? I don't want to wait 30+ minutes for the ride, but it's one the kids won't want to skip. I really don't need to burn one of my three precious FP+ on it?

Thanks for the help!

:grouphug:

Dumb(o?) question. It's been a few years since we've been to WDW and we haven't seen the new Fantasyland yet. I noticed in your priority list you have Dumbo as a C. This used to be a tougher line to tackle so we always did it early back in the day. This has changed, I take it? I don't want to wait 30+ minutes for the ride, but it's one the kids won't want to skip. I really don't need to burn one of my three precious FP+ on it? Thanks for the help! :grouphug:
There are 2 sets of Dumbo cars now, helping the wait times. Plus, the "big top" play area is so much fun, we don't mind a little wait! They give you a pager to come back when it's your turn to ride, and the kids can play while they wait.

I'm sure this is an incredibly stupid question that's probably answered somewhere already, but I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Disney getting my MDX page all fixed and trying to figure out why one of our military tickets refused to link, and my brain is no longer able to commit any power to disney related anything. :)

How do I check what's available? I made FP reservations for our party of 7 and now I want to be able to go back into our MK days and see if any 7D or A&E are available. I've read it's easier to search for 1 person at a time? How do you do that? Should I be looking from the app? When I go to the website I don't see a way to just search whats open.

I'm sure this is an incredibly stupid question that's probably answered somewhere already, but I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Disney getting my MDX page all fixed and trying to figure out why one of our military tickets refused to link, and my brain is no longer able to commit any power to disney related anything. :) How do I check what's available? I made FP reservations for our party of 7 and now I want to be able to go back into our MK days and see if any 7D or A&E are available. I've read it's easier to search for 1 person at a time? How do you do that? Should I be looking from the app? When I go to the website I don't see a way to just search whats open.
I have not been able to find a way to search for singles on the website, but it's very easy to do from the app. Select modify fast pass, select change an attraction or time, then select change attraction. On the next page, you can select the individual members of your party to check/schedule one by one.

Two quick questions that hopefully aren't repeats from 100 other times:

1. Will ADR's block FP+ from showing up?

2. Is it possible to get FP+ for Splash Mountain and BTMR as the 4th or 5th FP on the day of?

Two quick questions that hopefully aren't repeats from 100 other times: 1. Will ADR's block FP+ from showing up? 2. Is it possible to get FP+ for Splash Mountain and BTMR as the 4th or 5th FP on the day of?

1) ADRs no longer block FPs.

2) its possible but this depends on alot of things - what time you 3 FP are used, what type of crowds, and how late you are willing to stay in the park...given more info you might get better answers

Two quick questions that hopefully aren't repeats from 100 other times: 1. Will ADR's block FP+ from showing up? 2. Is it possible to get FP+ for Splash Mountain and BTMR as the 4th or 5th FP on the day of?
To add onto pp's response to your first question, I did notice that I was not given times that conflicted with ADRs when doing my original scheduling. But I had no problem altering times to overlap with reservations. You will just see a note in your home page that says "time overlap" when this happens.

I noticed the message about this- and that's it's added as a FP+ option but is it still only through September? We're going the 3rd week of October and it didn't come up when I tried to change my FP+ selections for Oct 13- I assume it was because there was no extension announcement and they are only offered through 9/28. Is that a correct assumption? Or are they already gone?

TIA

This is easiest done from the app. When you select the option to change an attraction, the app gives you the ability to select all or some of your party. This will also keep the rest of your FP+ selections in tact. I was unable to find any FP+ for Wishes at my 60-day mark, either (we arrive 10/13) but in the last few days have managed to find 2. And oddly enough, they have different return times, so I wonder if that makes it more difficult to find as a group? One is 9:40-9:55 and the other is 9:35-9:50.

Is it because they don't release the Wishes FP on 60 days mark? Therefore none is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter