• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading on the boards about people making their FP+ selections at midnight. But it seems that because day 1 of my trip is going to fall in the middle of lots of other people's trips, midnight is kind of irrelevant -- it's not like RD when the light turns green for everyone. For some people, the booking window will have opened 9 days earlier. In light of that, does midnight make any sense (not interested in A&E but do care about other e-tickets like TSMM, the mountains, Soarin', 7 dwarves). If I go at a high period (although not as bad as xmas), do enough FP+ for the e-tickets last long enough so people can book it on the first day of their window even if it's far after other windows have opened? We're not planning a long trip - just a weekend - so I'm wondering if people typically have poor selection options on their first few days and more in the later days when they have the advance jump.

Thanks.

I've been reading on the boards about people making their FP+ selections at midnight. But it seems that because day 1 of my trip is going to fall in the middle of lots of other people's trips, midnight is kind of irrelevant -- it's not like RD when the light turns green for everyone. For some people, the booking window will have opened 9 days earlier. In light of that, does midnight make any sense (not interested in A&E but do care about other e-tickets like TSMM, the mountains, Soarin', 7 dwarves). If I go at a high period (although not as bad as xmas), do enough FP+ for the e-tickets last long enough so people can book it on the first day of their window even if it's far after other windows have opened? We're not planning a long trip - just a weekend - so I'm wondering if people typically have poor selection options on their first few days and more in the later days when they have the advance jump. Thanks.
If you are not looking for A&E, you shouldn't need to he on at midnight. 7DMT will be the next hardest attraction to get, though, so I'd try as early as possible the next day, and you will definitely have better selections later in your trip. Everything else shouldn't matter. I am still tweaking my selections nearly 3 weeks later, and TSMM is the only one I've noticed severely diminishing options each time I check. (Outside A&E and 7DMT, which are now long gone) Note: I have not looked at Epcot or AK recently, but check MK daily and HS frequently.

I know this information is probably in this thread somewhere but I haven't been able to easily find it.

Our Fast Pass Day (FastPastivus somebody else coined and I love that!) is coming up at the end of this week and I need help trying to figure out which rides to fast pass. In the past, we have always gone to Disney when crowd levels are low (2-4) but this year we picked a week that I thought would be low but our Magic Kingdom day (the Sunday before Veteran's Day) is at a crowd level of 8! So now I am worried that we will not be able to ride very much and want to use FP+ to the best advantage.

We are planning to head right to Fantasyland at RD and ride a couple rides right away (Peter Pan, ETwB, & Pooh) and will get a Fast Pass for 7DMT. But here is where I struggle.
- Should we get all our first round FP+ for before lunch in the hopes of getting more FP+ for after lunch?
- On a predicted 8 crowd day, will we be able to get additional FP+ from the kiosks for headliners (Splash, Buzz, PotC, JC or BTMR)?
- Will they end up being for really late at night?

I can't decide if we should get FP+ for the worst wait rides but space them out through the day (and therefore probably only getting 3) or for all one section early in the hopes of getting others after the first 3. We are also hoping to eat at BOG (with a fast pass if possible) so we don't know how much time that will take out of the middle of the day.

Any advice?

60 days is too long to wait - I want to go now!

I know this information is probably in this thread somewhere but I haven't been able to easily find it. Our Fast Pass Day (FastPastivus somebody else coined and I love that!) is coming up at the end of this week and I need help trying to figure out which rides to fast pass. In the past, we have always gone to Disney when crowd levels are low (2-4) but this year we picked a week that I thought would be low but our Magic Kingdom day (the Sunday before Veteran's Day) is at a crowd level of 8! So now I am worried that we will not be able to ride very much and want to use FP+ to the best advantage. We are planning to head right to Fantasyland at RD and ride a couple rides right away (Peter Pan, ETwB, & Pooh) and will get a Fast Pass for 7DMT. But here is where I struggle. - Should we get all our first round FP+ for before lunch in the hopes of getting more FP+ for after lunch? - On a predicted 8 crowd day, will we be able to get additional FP+ from the kiosks for headliners (Splash, Buzz, PotC, JC or BTMR)? - Will they end up being for really late at night? I can't decide if we should get FP+ for the worst wait rides but space them out through the day (and therefore probably only getting 3) or for all one section early in the hopes of getting others after the first 3. We are also hoping to eat at BOG (with a fast pass if possible) so we don't know how much time that will take out of the middle of the day. Any advice? 60 days is too long to wait - I want to go now!
From what I've heard, day-of FP+ options are scarce. At least for the headliners. Everyone tours differently, but my advice for a heavy crowd day would be to do as much at RD as possible, and use your FP+ selections for the rides with the highest wait times (7DMT) and at the busiest times of day (late morning through mid-afternoon). This will save you the most time waiting in lines. I subscribe to the "quality over quantity" method, though, so if your goal is to ride as many rides as possible, pre-select your FP+ for the headliners, early in the day, and hope you get lucky with what's available day-of.

Has anyone ever had any success booking Wishes or FoF FP+ from the app? I ask because I had been trying to make some changes to our schedule just now, and had to switch to the website because the app crapped out again. And on the website, both Wishes and FoF were listed as available attractions when they hadn't been in the app earlier. Now, it's possible they popped up just then (there was only 1 Wishes, as I frantically tried to add it for all members of my party, with no luck!), so maybe it was just a fluke. But I've never seen Wishes or FoF available on the app, and now I'm wondering if I need to be on the website to snag these?

From what I've heard, day-of FP+ options are scarce. At least for the headliners. Everyone tours differently, but my advice for a heavy crowd day would be to do as much at RD as possible, and use your FP+ selections for the rides with the highest wait times (7DMT) and at the busiest times of day (late morning through mid-afternoon). This will save you the most time waiting in lines. I subscribe to the "quality over quantity" method, though, so if your goal is to ride as many rides as possible, pre-select your FP+ for the headliners, early in the day, and hope you get lucky with what's available day-of.

Thanks Cluelyss! This was what I suspected but started second guessing all my FP picks. Just needed some confirmation!

Has anyone ever had any success booking Wishes or FoF FP+ from the app? I ask because I had been trying to make some changes to our schedule just now, and had to switch to the website because the app crapped out again. And on the website, both Wishes and FoF were listed as available attractions when they hadn't been in the app earlier. Now, it's possible they popped up just then (there was only 1 Wishes, as I frantically tried to add it for all members of my party, with no luck!), so maybe it was just a fluke. But I've never seen Wishes or FoF available on the app, and now I'm wondering if I need to be on the website to snag these?

I did get one and only one Wishes on the app. It's become a constant thing with looking for another 2! Almost like an addiction!

I did get one and only one Wishes on the app. It's become a constant thing with looking for another 2! Almost like an addiction! dde01 I cannot figure out how to look per individual on website without canceling what's there. I have seen no MSEP which is what I really want.
I can't figure how to look by individual on the website either, which is why am constantly using the app !

Just went to Fantasmic using a FP+ and there was no special section set aside for FP+ holders. We actually ended up sitting way over on the far side, the same place as if we had of just walked in at that time with standby. Talked to one of the cast members about the FP+ and they said it is a waste of time for Fantasmic.

Just went to Fantasmic using a FP+ and there was no special section set aside for FP+ holders. We actually ended up sitting way over on the far side, the same place as if we had of just walked in at that time with standby. Talked to one of the cast members about the FP+ and they said it is a waste of time for Fantasmic.

Thanks so much for sharing. Was curious about that!!!

Thank you for posting this DougEMG. I had read several different posts about the Fantasmic FP. From what I gathered, at one time the FFP was originally a great FP to get with the seats being just to the left center of the show but a couple of months or so ago another Disboard friend posted that all the FP for Fantasmic does now is guarantee you entry but no special section.:worried:

Thanks for posting Doug! I was wondering if Fantasmic was worth it, especially on low crowd days!

:goodvibes

So have I, since last October. ;)

Whether or not there is a reserved section or just a different entrance, the Fantasmic FP is about the most worthless FP at WDW.

I've tried almost everyday for awhile to obtain 4 Fp+ for Wishes for September 30 with no success at all. Even tried at midnight on my 60 day mark. Would it be better to look for 4 Fp+ individually for that date and if so how do I do that without messing up my first 2 Fp+ reservations of the day? Thanks!

I've tried almost everyday for awhile to obtain 4 Fp+ for Wishes for September 30 with no success at all. Even tried at midnight on my 60 day mark. Would it be better to look for 4 Fp+ individually for that date and if so how do I do that without messing up my first 2 Fp+ reservations of the day? Thanks!
I have done the same thing for the same night!! I couldn't believe they were all gone at MN on 60 day mark either! We did not have any trouble getting wishes or MSEP on our last trip.

This is easiest done from the app. When you select the option to change an attraction, the app gives you the ability to select all or some of your party. This will also keep the rest of your FP+ selections in tact. I was unable to find any FP+ for Wishes at my 60-day mark, either (we arrive 10/13) but in the last few days have managed to find 2. And oddly enough, they have different return times, so I wonder if that makes it more difficult to find as a group? One is 9:40-9:55 and the other is 9:35-9:50.

I have done the same thing for the same night!! I couldn't believe they were all gone at MN on 60 day mark either! We did not have any trouble getting wishes or MSEP on our last trip.

I know right? Was really surprised! I understand A&E and 7DMT but Wishes??:confused3

This is easiest done from the app. When you select the option to change an attraction, the app gives you the ability to select all or some of your party. This will also keep the rest of your FP+ selections in tact. I was unable to find any FP+ for Wishes at my 60-day mark, either (we arrive 10/13) but in the last few days have managed to find 2. And oddly enough, they have different return times, so I wonder if that makes it more difficult to find as a group? One is 9:40-9:55 and the other is 9:35-9:50.

Thank you for the information! I'll try this method. You're very helpful as usual.:flower3:

SORRY if this has been asked 100 times already...but...I booked a package through Disney with FD and 4 park tickets. I have an account on MDX, will my tickets automatically be synced to that at the 60 day mark at midnight?

SORRY if this has been asked 100 times already...but...I booked a package through Disney with FD and 4 park tickets. I have an account on MDX, will my tickets automatically be synced to that at the 60 day mark at midnight?

I would call and ask them. Mine have been linked for 8 or 9 months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter