FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going around the Veteran's Day holiday and are debating between Sunday Nov. 9 and Monday Nov. 10 for MK which is were I am agonizing over the FP. Sun is a crowd level 8 (which we are trying to avoid) and Mon is MVMCP which we aren't planning to do so we would miss MSEP and Wishes (which is okay with the family since we have seen it before - but I am dreading that.)

I am trying to determine if I get all my FP in the same general location early (say 7DMT, Buzz & Space Mountain all before 1:00) could we pick up SM, POTC and/or BTMR after that. Sounds like on the crowd level 8 day - no.

Anyone been over Veteran's day in the past? Is the Sunday of the weekend before nuts? Would the crowds the Monday before (with a MVMCP also) be enough of a crowd reduction to make it worth skipping the MSEP and Wishes?
Do you have parkhopper?? If so, you could possibly go to MK on one of the MVMCP and park hop maybe on your AK day since they close earlier than the other parks, to catch the parade and fireworks. Just an idea :goodvibes Touring plans doesn't show and 8 on any day around veterans day but easywdw shows several. It is hard to look at the crowd calendars since they vary sooooo much.

Have a great trip!

~Note this thread will be locked soon when it reaches the 250-page forum limit. A new Part II, with a hopefully new-and-improved OP, is now up and running and can be found...you guessed it...in the green link in my signature.

And yet it's still not a Sticky :confused3

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but when I went to check my fastpasses this morning One was missing from my reservation and only two were there. I didn't panicked ok maybe a little, and closed out the individual fast pass page went to my reservations page and it was there. Then I went back to the individual reservation page and the fast pass magically appeared.
I really wish there was an easier way to check for A&E

Same thing happens a lot to me. I called internet help desk today (407-939-7765 option 3) and they reviewed all the plans I had made and explained that somedays so many people access the system that it has trouble uploading all out plans to us. I questioned the reliability of the whole MDE system and they had little to say. Reps are always nice but Disney needs more computer horsepower in my opinion. I would print out your passes and carry them with you as other nice people have recommended. Or take screenshots of the passes and store them on your phone.

Folks the new thread has been created by mesaboy2.
Once this has reached the limit of 250 it will closed .

A few posts that got to the new thread before it was closed have been moved here.

On behalf of the DISboards team I want to thank mesaboy2 and everyone for making this a great resource :goodvibes

Yes, it will not show an "available time" that conflicts with an already scheduled FP+ for that day. So if you wanted ETWB at 7 pm, for example, you need to make sure you have nothing already scheduled at 7 pm. So if you are looking to "swap" the times of 2 attractions, you must first move one of them out of the desired time slot for the other. You don't need to cancel, just put it for a time later or earlier that day. Then move the 2nd attraction into the 1st time slot, and move #1 back into the old slot for #2. Make sense? Not horribly convenient, but unless you are moving around really hard to get FP+ (like A&E or 7DMT) you shouldn't have any issues getting the time you want without losing your reservation.

Thanks for replying to my question. I suspected that your explanation might be the way things work but was not certain.

There are 2 adults and 2 kids in our party. Our DS2 won't be riding many rides so I plan to stay behind while my DH and DD5 ride the majority of them. My question is this; if I book a FP for my DH and DD and when we get there I am the one to actually take her on the ride instead of my DH, is that ok since we're under the same account and the same # of people will be riding? Or should I always book all three of us since we don't actually know who will be going on every ride with her yet. And (follow up question) if I just book all the FP under my DH for the rides for those two (and plan to do standby for anything that my DS would want to do) can I then book "my" 3 FP selections at MK for, say, the MSEP and have DH and DD use the other two? Hope that makes sense.

There are 2 adults and 2 kids in our party. Our DS2 won't be riding many rides so I plan to stay behind while my DH and DD5 ride the majority of them. My question is this; if I book a FP for my DH and DD and when we get there I am the one to actually take her on the ride instead of my DH, is that ok since we're under the same account and the same # of people will be riding? Or should I always book all three of us since we don't actually know who will be going on every ride with her yet. And (follow up question) if I just book all the FP under my DH for the rides for those two (and plan to do standby for anything that my DS would want to do) can I then book "my" 3 FP selections at MK for, say, the MSEP and have DH and DD use the other two? Hope that makes sense.

That is fine.

I'm not sure I understand your follow-up question. You cannot prebook the same attraction more than once for any one person on the same day.

Once we have all had the fun of trying to get FP+s and understanding the fastpass system I wondered if there have been many reports of Fastpasses disappearing and magic Bands not working when people arrived at the parks?

Once we have all had the fun of trying to get FP+s and understanding the fastpass system I wondered if there have been many reports of Fastpasses disappearing and magic Bands not working when people arrived at the parks?

I remember hearing a lot of this early in the year, and less and less as time goes on.

That is fine. I'm not sure I understand your follow-up question. You cannot prebook the same attraction more than once for any one person on the same day.
I think you are asking if you can have different FP+ selections than DH and DD? And the answer is absolutely! You can schedule FP+ under your name for things like small world or Peter Pan for you and DS to ride while DH and DD ride something else. Just be sure that if you decide to take DD on a ride that DH is actually scheduled for, that you swap Magic Bands. Just being on the same account will not grant you admission if the FP is not in your name and linked to your MB. Let us know if this hasn't answered all your questions!

Correct. We are also going in October, so I have been stalking the blogs waiting for an announcement. I've heard they are considering extending it through the end of the year, but no official announcement has been made yet. Assuming it will continue to be a FP option if extended.

Thanks much!

And Thanks Mesaboy for the great information!

I think you are asking if you can have different FP+ selections than DH and DD? And the answer is absolutely! You can schedule FP+ under your name for things like small world or Peter Pan for you and DS to ride while DH and DD ride something else. Just be sure that if you decide to take DD on a ride that DH is actually scheduled for, that you swap Magic Bands. Just being on the same account will not grant you admission if the FP is not in your name and linked to your MB. Let us know if this hasn't answered all your questions!

Oh yes! That makes thank you!! I never thought to just switch magic bands, lol :rotfl2:

Exactly. How many times did Cheshire Figment tell people, "The ticket sticky is your friend"? ;)

I've been thinking about changing my standard "green link in my signature" phrase to something closer to that, as an homage to CF. :)

FP+/ baby swap how does it work? Would we all need the fastpass+ or could 3 of us have it then Me and my 4 year old who is not tall enough have a FP+ to do something else and then go and switch? or does it not work at all?

Currently we all including the 4 year old have FP+ for 40 inch rides she was right below when I made them and she has grown but I dunno if they will consider her right on the line or below so I am trying to get an idea of what I might need to do this trip. TIA!!!

After reading through I just want to make sure I'm 100% clear on this. I finally got two overlapping fp for A&E but since dd is only 4 I had to get them in DH and my name because it wouldn't let me search for her one by herself. It's there a way to change it in MDE or can she just wear DH's MB? Thanks so much in advance :)

After reading through I just want to make sure I'm 100% clear on this. I finally got two overlapping fp for A&E but since dd is only 4 I had to get them in DH and my name because it wouldn't let me search for her one by herself. It's there a way to change it in MDE or can she just wear DH's MB? Thanks so much in advance :)

She can wear DH's MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter