FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the message about this- and that's it's added as a FP+ option but is it still only through September? We're going the 3rd week of October and it didn't come up when I tried to change my FP+ selections for Oct 13- I assume it was because there was no extension announcement and they are only offered through 9/28. Is that a correct assumption? Or are they already gone? TIA
Correct. We are also going in October, so I have been stalking the blogs waiting for an announcement. I've heard they are considering extending it through the end of the year, but no official announcement has been made yet. Assuming it will continue to be a FP option if extended.

Considering adding a 2nd Halloween party to our upcoming trip, which means I would drop a park ticket from our package. What will that do to existing FP+ selections I've already made? Am I best to cancel a day of selections before I cancel the park ticket? Worried that the system would "auto pick" the day to delete and I'd lose our A&E day or something equally tragic!

Considering adding a 2nd Halloween party to our upcoming trip, which means I would drop a park ticket from our package. What will that do to existing FP+ selections I've already made? Am I best to cancel a day of selections before I cancel the park ticket? Worried that the system would "auto pick" the day to delete and I'd lose our A&E day or something equally tragic!

YES - I have read this somewhere - not sure where - drop the day of FP before dropping the ticket value.

Two quick questions that hopefully aren't repeats from 100 other times:

1. Will ADR's block FP+ from showing up?

2. Is it possible to get FP+ for Splash Mountain and BTMR as the 4th or 5th FP on the day of?

1. I have noticed if the FP is just maybe 15 minutes into an adr, it will show you that you have an ADR that overlaps. Other times it will not give times during that ADR at all but that may be because there are no ADR's during that time frame left :confused3 Someone else out there may be able to give more accurate info.

2. It really depends on when you will be there. This week and next week are historically the lowest attendance at Disney. Here is a thread with pictures of how dead it has been since last Saturday:scared1::
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3325432
FP is not even needed at all so you could probably have no trouble getting a pm FP for headliners but then again, you wouldn't need them.
If you are going at a busier time, I wouldn't count on getting an ADR for SM or BTMR later in the afternoon. I just checked our MK day 9/28. It is a MNSSHP day and touringplans shows a crowd level of 1 and right now, it is showing plenty of FP for both of those rides but not sure if there will be any on the day of. I know this is a very vague answer but its the best I have :worried: but I can't wait to find out in about 21 days!!! WOO HOO!!! :dance3:

I asked this a couple of days ago and it got buried (fast moving thread!). Does anyone have the answers to my questions?

I tried to search for my question, but I didn't see it. Sorry!

I have a 16-day vacation booked in December (basically, my DD's entire Christmas break). We have 4 consecutive DVC reservations (7-days AKV, 2-days SSR, 1-day SSR, 6-days BWV ... I added the middle 2 at the last week) all linked into MDE and DVC PAP vouchers.

Here are my questions:
(1) I've read that consecutive split stays are processed by MDE as one large stay. Am I right that I should be able to book a FP+ for my BWV stay inside the 60-day window for the AKV stay?

(2) When we used FP+ last December we were restricted to just 7 days of FP+ reservations and I had to add new days as I went along even though we were staying onsite the whole time. I understand that restriction is no longer in place and AP holders can now book longer if you are staying offsite longer. Is that limit 10 days or 14 days?

(3) Can I make a FP+ reservation for my 15th day if I leave a day(s) off in the middle and don't exceed my maximum number of FP+ days used? Or it it now consecutive?

(4) Whoops! I just remembered another question. I am on the waitlist for BWV for those middle 2 reservations so I don't have to move so much. What happens if my waitlist comes through and my middle reservations are re-booked to the new resort? What would happen if *I* change the middle reservation? I would like to be in the same size unit at SSR at the very least and if I see a 1BR come up on the 28th I'm going to grab it and cancel the 2BR to save points. What happens if I do that after selecting FP+ reservations? Will the FPs on those days go away? Will the FPs on the BWV stay go away because the stays are temporarily not consecutive?

Thanks for this thread!

C'mon! Fess up! This is just your way of trying to lock in "Thread of the Year" for both 2014 (already in the bag), and 2015 (with this new thread). ;)

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but when I went to check my fastpasses this morning One was missing from my reservation and only two were there. I didn't panicked ok maybe a little, and closed out the individual fast pass page went to my reservations page and it was there. Then I went back to the individual reservation page and the fast pass magically appeared.
I really wish there was an easier way to check for A&E

For those that have used a FP to book the MSEP, can you simply stay put in that same spot to view the Wishes fireworks? If so, is there room to sit down?

For those that have used a FP to book the MSEP, can you simply stay put in that same spot to view the Wishes fireworks? If so, is there room to sit down?

You can, but in my opinion you will want to move back. That position is too close to the Castle to see much of the main bursts. You will not want to be sitting when the fireworks begin anyway--everyone stands except for those in the Wishes FP viewing area.

Robo may be along soon with his map explaining the move.

That's exactly what they're doing for the Villains Sinister Soiree and selling it as "preferred viewing".

For the record though, I'm with Mesaboy on this. Not the best spot for the full effect of the show.

You can, but in my opinion you will want to move back. That position is too close to the Castle to see much of the main bursts. You will not want to be sitting when the fireworks begin anyway--everyone stands except for those in the Wishes FP viewing area.

Robo may be along soon with his map explaining the move.

Ok thanks, do you think that by getting a MSEP FP and not a wishes one we might be limiting ourselves since we won't have as much time to "claim a spot"?

C'mon! Fess up! This is just your way of trying to lock in "Thread of the Year" for both 2014 (already in the bag), and 2015 (with this new thread). ;)

:thumbsup2 I wonder if they'll make room for 2 ribbons in his avatar. :scratchin

Ok thanks, do you think that by getting a MSEP FP and not a wishes one we might be limiting ourselves since we won't have as much time to "claim a spot"?

I have never found getting a nice viewing spot for Wishes to be difficult. In my opinion, the only advantage to it is the uncrowded space--but that comes at the cost of being off-center. I think you'll be fine and of the two, MSEP FP is the one I recommend.

~Note this thread will be locked soon when it reaches the 250-page forum limit. A new Part II, with a hopefully new-and-improved OP, is now up and running and can be found...you guessed it...in the green link in my signature.

2. It really depends on when you will be there.
FP is not even needed at all so you could probably have no trouble getting a pm FP for headliners but then again, you wouldn't need them.
If you are going at a busier time, I wouldn't count on getting an FP for SM or BTMR later in the afternoon.

We are going around the Veteran's Day holiday and are debating between Sunday Nov. 9 and Monday Nov. 10 for MK which is were I am agonizing over the FP. Sun is a crowd level 8 (which we are trying to avoid) and Mon is MVMCP which we aren't planning to do so we would miss MSEP and Wishes (which is okay with the family since we have seen it before - but I am dreading that.)

I am trying to determine if I get all my FP in the same general location early (say 7DMT, Buzz & Space Mountain all before 1:00) could we pick up SM, POTC and/or BTMR after that. Sounds like on the crowd level 8 day - no.

Anyone been over Veteran's day in the past? Is the Sunday of the weekend before nuts? Would the crowds the Monday before (with a MVMCP also) be enough of a crowd reduction to make it worth skipping the MSEP and Wishes?

Mesaboy, I just wanted to say and I am sure that many others feel the same way that we appreciate the work, countless hours and knowledge you share to make everyones disney trip as smooth as possible. I have always felt that peoples "free" time is the most important time and choosing what you do with it is valuable to us...you just make that time spent more enjoyable.

Just wanted to say thanks...

--Thor

Thanks for your thread - it has been very helpful to me planning last couple of trips.

You may consider adding a footnote regarding the situation with Maelstrom and not being able to book FP+ on any dates after the end of September. My window opened today and was unaware of the situation until I found I couldn't book it. Found a thread on the boards today that explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter