FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It‘s coming for Spring I think. Whether that’s in time for March Break or not remains to be seen but I think it could be. Nothing they say in those official updates is by accident, I think we are about to see some loosening of restrictions.

Just to confirm because things change so quickly...

Walgreen's offers the ID NOW test, for which results come in less than 24 hours, but CVS only offers the 1-3 day PCR test.

Correct?

I have SwitchHealth LAMP test kits, yet still looking to book a backup for our trip in the first week of March. TIA!

(Was hoping to book them in advance but guess I'll just have to suck it up and book them 3 days out.)

I'm thinking they will ANNOUNCE a claw back to reentry testing at the beginning of March break which will take effect a few days after the announcement. That way the deterance for traveling during the break still happens (and of course I would have already spent and wasted $750 on the Switch test kits...).

I'm thinking they will ANNOUNCE a claw back to reentry testing at the beginning of March break which will take effect a few days after the announcement. That way the deterance for traveling during the break still happens (and of course I would have already spent and wasted $750 on the Switch test kits...).

This is what I think as well and because I bought the switch tests I’m hoping after March 12th it comes into effect. 😂

Walgreen's offers the ID NOW test, for which results come in less than 24 hours, but CVS only offers the 1-3 day PCR test.

Correct. I had no issue getting an appt at the Walgreens location I wanted 3 days in advance. All results came within the hour.

I imagine they will wait to make changes after March. To deter travel over the break. But that could also just be me hoping things change by May.

I agree. Dr Tam and Dr Njoo didn't really open the door to loosening any travel restrictions soon in their press conference yesterday. I also think they'll wait until after school breaks to change anything.

Last edited:
I agree. Dr Tam and Dr Njoo didn't really open the door to loosening anything up soon in their press conference yesterday. I also think they'll wait until after school breaks to change anything.
I believe right now, they are "opening" up more on the 21st of Feb and then next on March 14th. Which would deter people from leaving. I am flying from Buffalo and can flex my day home within 5 days, so I can try to make it work if they drop testing for coming back.

Has anyone purchased the Switch test from AC and used it at Disney? I’m thinking of doing this as it just seems easier. We are flying into BUF and driving over the border. We used beeperMD in September and had a great experience but have heard nothing but negative things lately. We are going the beginning of March so not much time to decide.
I purchased the tests through AC before two trips I recently took. Went to Disneyland in December and then Hawaii just a couple weeks ago. The kits work really well. One thing though. Please check your link to your ASMO account before you travel. I had a problem with my login in California where the correct screen would not pop up after I logged in. I was then unable to do my test as I couldn’t log in to my account to be able to receive my test results properly. After logging in you should have a screen that asks if you received a kit when entering Canada and you reply no and then it opens up to creating a test. When mine wouldn’t do this and my daughters did I had to scramble for a test at City Hall the next morning at 8 am. I got this fixed after returning and was told it was a glitch with some accounts. The only way to fix it was to have them cancel my account and then I signed up again. Everything worked perfectly in Hawaii. Wait time to connect was only five minutes each time. It does take 20-30 minutes for the result to show up on the test machine so allow for this extra time. At that point you have to send a photo of the result into them and they fire back the official paperwork you need for the return to Canada. I would also suggest using your data and not wifi as my daughter had a terrible time with her connection and couldn’t hear and the picture was very choppy so it was a bit of a struggle but she got it done. No problems in Hawaii though. One other thing, open your kit and set everything out on the table in front of you. Have Kleenex, hand sanitizer and all pieces from the kit before making your call. Do not put batteries into the test machine until you are told to do so from the nurse. I did that early and then we had the terrible connection problems and by the time that was corrected the test machine timed out and the kit was ruined. As you can tell I learned a lot! Any questions just let me know!

My mom said almost everyone on YEG flight from Florida was tested at the airport. I’m guessing those that did not were previous positives. She planned to rapid test today regardless. This just means she can’t go to work until she gets results…not that she cares. 😂

Meanwhile in Orlando… Curative Lab PCR tests (not rapid) take about 36 hours. You are able to track and see when the lab receives your specimen, when testing starts, and your result.

I purchased the tests through AC before two trips I recently took. Went to Disneyland in December and then Hawaii just a couple weeks ago. The kits work really well. One thing though. Please check your link to your ASMO account before you travel. I had a problem with my login in California where the correct screen would not pop up after I logged in. I was then unable to do my test as I couldn’t log in to my account to be able to receive my test results properly. After logging in you should have a screen that asks if you received a kit when entering Canada and you reply no and then it opens up to creating a test. When mine wouldn’t do this and my daughters did I had to scramble for a test at City Hall the next morning at 8 am. I got this fixed after returning and was told it was a glitch with some accounts. The only way to fix it was to have them cancel my account and then I signed up again. Everything worked perfectly in Hawaii. Wait time to connect was only five minutes each time. It does take 20-30 minutes for the result to show up on the test machine so allow for this extra time. At that point you have to send a photo of the result into them and they fire back the official paperwork you need for the return to Canada. I would also suggest using your data and not wifi as my daughter had a terrible time with her connection and couldn’t hear and the picture was very choppy so it was a bit of a struggle but she got it done. No problems in Hawaii though. One other thing, open your kit and set everything out on the table in front of you. Have Kleenex, hand sanitizer and all pieces from the kit before making your call. Do not put batteries into the test machine until you are told to do so from the nurse. I did that early and then we had the terrible connection problems and by the time that was corrected the test machine timed out and the kit was ruined. As you can tell I learned a lot! Any questions just let me know!

Thank you for this. I already created the account because it directed me to at time of purchase but have not received the tests yet, should I create a new account once I have them? Also does each person have to create an account or can it all be done via my account?

Thank you for this. I already created the account because it directed me to at time of purchase but have not received the tests yet, should I create a new account once I have them? Also does each person have to create an account or can it all be done via my account?

Received our test kits this week. My wife and I both made an account. Hoping we can do both of us during one call.

No you wouldn’t have to create a new account once receiving the tests. I created my account before I had mine. I would just test your account to make sure it looks as though it will open correctly in destination. If you want to complete more than one test in one call you must have only one account that lists the other people as dependents. If you have multiple accounts each one is done separately, separate call for each one. That’s not really much of a problem though as the wait time was so low.

Received our test kits this week. My wife and I both made an account. Hoping we can do both of us during one call.
As you have two accounts each test must be done separately. The only way this can be done in one call is if you have one account with others listed as dependents, one of which can be your spouse.

Did our Switch Health tests this past week for both Rapid into the US and LAMP to come home from DL (7am and 11pm for anyone wondering times; I’ve asked a few times and they always say 24/7). While DH and I both have separate accounts (we test at our respective at home work stations for Rapid tests) I added him as a dependent to my account for the LAMP test. Used SH for the last 2 trips and won’t be going back to figuring out where to test again; very slick and easy. I agree with not using wifi (I never do in hotels) and we just used our phones; zero connectivity issues and they had no issues observing us during testing. Head out again next month to San Antonio— will be taking them with us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter