FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are travelling from Toronto to Orlando in 3 weeks, the children are NOT covid vaccinated, according to guidelines I read on the airport website, the children are supposed to be tested 3-5 days after we arrive but nowhere does it say if it has to be a PCR test or if Rapid test is ok, or who we report the results to? also it says this can be waived if they've recovered from covid in the past 90 days...they both had it 2 weeks ago but we did not seek medical treatment as they both had extremely mild symptoms...is there a specific form for doctors to fill out? I'm not sure if my doctor will sign anything because he has no proof they had covid

The Rapid Tests (the ones you can get for free and do at home) are permitted. You are just attesting that you will do it …no one will follow up to ensure you did. Read into that what you will

Excerpt from:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#fully-vaccinated

If you travel by air to the United States under one of these exceptions, you will be required to attest that you are excepted from the requirement to present Proof of Being Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 based on one of the exceptions listed above. Based on the category of the exception, you may further be required to attest that:

1. You will be tested with a COVID-19 viral test 3–5 days after arrival in the United States, unless you have documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days;
  2. You will self-quarantine for a full 5 days, even if the test result to the post-arrival viral test is negative, unless you have documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days; and
  3. You will self-isolate if the result of the post-arrival test is positive or if you develop COVID-19 symptoms.

We're going next month - both kiddos have been vaxxed as well as the adults. Do we still need to bring printed proof of vaccination? And does it have to be within a certain timeframe? Our original shots were last year at this point.

We're going next month - both kiddos have been vaxxed as well as the adults. Do we still need to bring printed proof of vaccination? And does it have to be within a certain timeframe? Our original shots were last year at this point.

Timeframe doesn't matter.
When we checked in to our flight on the Westjet app there was a section that asked if we were vaxed. This was mid December.
No one ever asked at Westjet or customs. In Sask we have an app that has proof of vax on it so we didn't bring a printout.

We flew through Calgary. Different airport might matter, but I feel like no cares about this at this point. On the way home there is no proof of anything required.

I drove across last week. Was asked vaccination status but did not need to prove it. Had a picture on my phone if needed. Was asked how long since my last vaccine.

we are travelling from Toronto to Orlando in 3 weeks, the children are NOT covid vaccinated, according to guidelines I read on the airport website, the children are supposed to be tested 3-5 days after we arrive but nowhere does it say if it has to be a PCR test or if Rapid test is ok, or who we report the results to? also it says this can be waived if they've recovered from covid in the past 90 days...they both had it 2 weeks ago but we did not seek medical treatment as they both had extremely mild symptoms...is there a specific form for doctors to fill out? I'm not sure if my doctor will sign anything because he has no proof they had covid
I would check the US website for their requirements rather than the airport website.

While we have not flown out of Canada, I find it interesting that you need to provide a test 3-5 days after arrival. When we crossed I told the customs officer about both of our vaccination statuses when he asked about status and he said, (oh boy was he grumpy!!!) 'I don't care about her status! She's not an adult!'

I would look on the government website for their requirements as it appears contradictory to my experience last week.

When I flew last month from Pearson I just had to fill out the attestation form and I drive across regularly and I haven’t been asked in a very long time what my vaccination status is but never had to show documentation. I would always be prepared though because you never know.

Wife had to show vaccination card a few weeks ago flying into the USA. Luckily she had it. She’s a USA green card holder so I can’t see them denying entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter