FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CanucksRock can you change the title of this thread to something along the lines of FAQs related to traveling from and returning to Canada ? The current one is a bit too specific in my mind.

just need to let people know this is where to look for all the great information you've taken the time to compile in one very concise thread. Great job!!

can you change the title of this thread to something along the lines of FAQs related to traveling from and returning to Canada ? The current one is a bit too specific in my mind.

Better? I can beef it up with what you need to cross into the U.S. too; and crossing land border. I'll pull that info later today and add it. I definitely know we were getting lots of questions about how to test. I also thought better to keep specific to Orlando, as threads that intermixed Anaheim caused confusion because the test options are different. (but I can combine if you guys wish, I'm only familiar w/ Orlando options as I have been there a few times during the Pandemic)

Better? I can beef it up with what you need to cross into the U.S. too; and crossing land border. I'll pull that info later today and add it. I definitely know we were getting lots of questions about how to test. I also thought better to keep specific to Orlando, as threads that intermixed Anaheim caused confusion because the test options are different. (but I can combine if you guys wish, I'm only familiar w/ Orlando options as I have been there a few times during the Pandemic)

Personally it would be nice to keep Orlando and Anaheim separate, whether in separate threads or clearly separated.
The testing to leave Canada & go to the US seems to vary greatly by province in terms of what's available. I'm not sure how that could be organized.

The testing to leave Canada & go to the US seems to vary greatly by province in terms of what's available. I'm not sure how that could be organized.
Yes, I still don’t understand why it’s relatively easy & cheap in Alberta & Ontario and not most elsewhere. But even with it being easy in Alberta, I chose to go with Switch Health, as I want to do the test early in the morning before checking in for my flight..just in case.

By the way people, check your health & wellness spending plans. I was able to claim the antigen test on my Wellness Spending. (Health Spending requires prescription)

For the Switch tests... hopefully further clarity will be provided by Public Health

Yes, looks like it’s OK if flying, but land border appears to have different rules as they specifically call out this…
9ACB8ADA-8AF4-4EB0-83B8-4829559E8D25.jpeg
Which, the SH was taken outside of Canada 🤦‍♀️

Does anyone know when Curative loads new appointment dates? I've been checking daily for a while, and haven't seen anything past Jan 23.

Does anyone know when Curative loads new appointment dates? I've been checking daily for a while, and haven't seen anything past Jan 23.
I’m watching the same one - my guess is within the next couple days. The other site was down to a few days before it added multiple weeks at once.

I’m watching the same one - my guess is within the next couple days. The other site was down to a few days before it added multiple weeks at once.
Hopefully it's before we leave for our trip, since I'll probably forget to look once we're down there. We already have the switch health tests, but wanted to book a backup just in case.

Hopefully it's before we leave for our trip, since I'll probably forget to look once we're down there. We already have the switch health tests, but wanted to book a backup just in case.
At least I now know I'm not going crazy. I have a feeling we're all Hawaiian Rumble fans.

People going soon, see that there's a new testing site set up near AK?

The link doesn't seem to want to post - it's a new item today on many different WDW news sites :)

The Maingate one is in the "additional options" link I added above. I just don't know if its Rapid PCR. With regular PCR tests taking multiple days, its better to go with a site that has Rapid PCR.

Their website says rapid pcr.
It says Rapid; PCR ..the semi-colon being key here. I found an FAQ on TP from when this location did testing last year, and it was an regular Antigen Rapid test and/or a Lab PCR test that could take up to 5 days for results. If anyone does go to this location, please report back your experience.

Fingers Crossed that Rumble adds more dates tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that's what happened with the Fortune Location (in that they added new dates on the Friday; when the current dates ended Sunday)

Heads up - the Curative Fortune Road location cancelled appointments for next week. I wonder if they are low on test kits. So be sure to have backup plans! I know I personally plan on making a few reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter