FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no Rumble dates; but Walgreens is currently showing availability when they haven't been for weeks now. So, that is a positive sign I hope.

I did the Switch Health Antigen test this morning. Very smooth and easy. Added travel companion as a dependent and we were able to do the tests together. Both Negative :)

Thank you for this thread.

We ordered the For Return to Canada: Lucira Check It COVID-19 Test Kit (LAMP/NAAT) for delivery to our hotel. It was delivered the next day. For people concerned with test availability this is an option. Video observation appointments appear plentiful. For delivery in the US, test with Video Observation is $89USD for 1 test, expiry date on tests we received - July 2022.

Will update on how the actual testing goes when we use it a couple of weeks from now. (I believe they commit to results in 30 minutes.)
We received the voucher codes for the video observation by email immediately after ordering allowing us to schedule right away if we wanted to and shipping notification with tracking for the test kits on shipping. They commit to next day delivery for orders before 10:30 am MST Mon-Fri.

For the Switch; I have my wife and 3 kids; Can I have myself, my wife, and 3 friends buy the PCR kits with the $50 off Aeroplan deal and use those 3 kits bought buy my friends for my 3 kids.

In other words, is there any way for me to purchase 5 kits with each of them coming with the $50 discount?

For the Switch; I have my wife and 3 kids; Can I have myself, my wife, and 3 friends buy the PCR kits with the $50 off Aeroplan deal and use those 3 kits bought buy my friends for my 3 kids.

In other words, is there any way for me to purchase 5 kits with each of them coming with the $50 discount?

you can by all five with one same aeroplan account if you want. I bought two with mine. Just change the number of items in the cart. Good luck.

If you test positive in the test 72 hours before your flight do you have the quarantine for 5 or 10 days before flying?

State says 5 days ( NY) yet is Canada saying 10 days?

If you test positive in the test 72 hours before your flight do you have the quarantine for 5 or 10 days before flying?

State says 5 days ( NY) yet is Canada saying 10 days?
If I understand correctly, you isolate for 5 days in Florida … then you spend another 5 days in Florida, not needing to isolate but masked everywhere you go. Then on the 11th day you can fly home to Canada.

Does anyone have any experience with getting a PCR test at Walgreens? It says "results time varies", which isn't particularly specific.

You can get the ID Now test instead of the PCR test to get back to Canada. It is a rapid test so the results are available same day. Ours were ready within 2 hours.
My dad is going to be going to Brazil afterwards, and they require a PCR or an antigen within 24hrs. I’m not sure if he’ll be able to get the antigen, so also looking into the PCR option.

My dad is going to be going to Brazil afterwards, and they require a PCR or an antigen within 24hrs. I’m not sure if he’ll be able to get the antigen, so also looking into the PCR option.

I wouldn't trust getting a PCR from Walgreens within 24 hours.

I think I just need to see it writing here…. To drive into the united states you DO NOT need to show or take any tests…. You just have to show proof of vaccine

is this correct?

Question for the switch health pcr lamp test.

I was trying to book an actual appointment time for our specific day that we want to do our tests. But all I could find was get into a video cue to perform the actual test. I feel like I'm missing something. I thought we could book the appointment ahead of time.

Question for the switch health pcr lamp test.

I was trying to book an actual appointment time for our specific day that we want to do our tests. But all I could find was get into a video cue to perform the actual test. I feel like I'm missing something. I thought we could book the appointment ahead of time.
I believe you don't book a specific time with them. They are available 24/7 so when you initiate your test, someone will join the call. Heard it takes about 5-10mins for them to join.

I believe you don't book a specific time with them. They are available 24/7 so when you initiate your test, someone will join the call. Heard it takes about 5-10mins for them to join.
Thanks. I can go with that! That way we can enjoy our evening on that day, and do our tests before heading to bed, or early the next morning. I do have backup appointments withi curative incase something goes wrong with these tests. Crossing my fingers this all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter