FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. We've done it twice and it worked great both times.

How long did it take to get the results? We are driving and right now our plan is to get tested on check out day at Walgreens, drive to the beach to stay one night so we can drive south to Ft Lauderdale at my parents condo (unoccupied) if we test positive for the 11 days or drive north back home. For that plan to work with the 72h window, we would need to get the results within 24-36h…

How long did it take to get the results? We are driving and right now our plan is to get tested on check out day at Walgreens, drive to the beach to stay one night so we can drive south to Ft Lauderdale at my parents condo (unoccupied) if we test positive for the 11 days or drive north back home. For that plan to work with the 72h window, we would need to get the results within 24-36h…

It was about 2 hours. It is a rapid test that they do in the store.

Did you have to provide insurance or give a specific response when getting tested? Or did you just say you’re a Canadian?

They don't ask. You just check off that you have no insurance on the form.

I suggest you actually go to their website and experiment filling out the form and choosing locations and times now so that you won't have any confusion when the real time comes to do it.

You need to book your date 3 days in advance (that's the process right now but sometimes it is 7) and you need to book as soon as your date becomes available, and that could be midnight or else you run the risk of not getting your date.

We provided our drivers license for ID in the drive through.

They don't ask. You just check off that you have no insurance on the form.

I suggest you actually go to their website and experiment filling out the form and choosing locations and times now so that you won't have any confusion when the real time comes to do it.

You need to book your date 3 days in advance (that's the process right now but sometimes it is 7) and you need to book as soon as your date becomes available, and that could be midnight or else you run the risk of not getting your date.

We provided our drivers license for ID in the drive through.
Thank you for your help!

Just booked Walgreens for Thursday. Just asked for Name, DOB, ph#, email address, physical address (I used hotel I’m staying at). Booked 2 spots. I’ll report back how it goes.

The border requirments webpage has updated again.

It no longer states that people "may" get a fine. It clearly states that a positive test within 72 hours is not a valid test and to avoid being fined not to cross

Some pages always said and continue to say 'may' and some do not...here's a quote:

Based on your answers, you won’t be turned away at the land border, but you may be fined $5,000 per traveller (plus surcharges).

Elsewhere it states you need a quarantine plan if you test positive.

Thank you for this thread.

We ordered the For Return to Canada: Lucira Check It COVID-19 Test Kit (LAMP/NAAT) for delivery to our hotel. It was delivered the next day. For people concerned with test availability this is an option. Video observation appointments appear plentiful. For delivery in the US, test with Video Observation is $89USD for 1 test, expiry date on tests we received - July 2022.

Will update on how the actual testing goes when we use it a couple of weeks from now. (I believe they commit to results in 30 minutes.)
We received the voucher codes for the video observation by email immediately after ordering allowing us to schedule right away if we wanted to and shipping notification with tracking for the test kits on shipping. They commit to next day delivery for orders before 10:30 am MST Mon-Fri.

I am interested in hearing how this goes. When are you returning to Canada? Can you please share the link you used to order? Thank you!

My cousins GF tested positive on rapid - sent them over to the Disney Maingate to get PCR - they gave no PCR due to snowstorm in Chicago 🤦‍♀️ They did rapids there again. Same results as earlier today. Hopefully they find a place to get her a PCR today so she can fly home a week from Saturday. We have PCR tests booked at Walgreens tomorrow. As our 72 hour window does not start until 4:55pm 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter