Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

This will be my family's first cruise. We are so excited. We joined DVC in 2010 and have been excited for the cruises ever since they started. My son will be 8 for the first cruise and missing the first week of school. There wouldn't have been another way to go then to talk him also. Any tips for the first time cruiser/DVC cruise would be greatly appreciated.

This will be my family's first cruise. We are so excited. We joined DVC in 2010 and have been excited for the cruises ever since they started. My son will be 8 for the first cruise and missing the first week of school. There wouldn't have been another way to go then to talk him also. Any tips for the first time cruiser/DVC cruise would be greatly appreciated.

:welcome: to our cruise meet! Great decision choosing a 7 nt. DVC Member Cruise on the Fantasy as your first ever cruise!

Your family will love this ship. We've sailed on the Fantasy 2x (cat 11A and 4A) and I'll be happy to share pics.

Tip #1) The best tip I can give anyone new to a member cruise is to check out the Disney FILES MAGAZINE placed in your stateroom on day 1.

JQ and I made the mistake of not doing this on our first Member Cruise and regrettably did not fully appreciate who was sailing with us and why that was so special.

Here you can see the magazine nestled among a lot of great gifts waiting for us in our stateroom on our first night of the 7nt. Alaskan DVC Member Cruise.

DSC01270_zpssyd5dfvd.jpg

Take some time to look through it. It's a beautiful pictorial detailing all the special events happening throughout our Member Cruise.
This is what was offered during the Alaska Cruise. Of course our 7nt. Caribbean cruise will have it's own itinerary. Pick your favorites and try to be sure to attend.
(note: certain events are scheduled on select days so check your Personal Navigators - dates and times vary)

Scan_zpslnaavaf0.jpg

Scan12_zps46laugwr.jpg

Scan1_zpsqnlhfl65.jpg

Scan2_zpswlm1oen7.jpg

Scan3_zpsh2ekfd2u.jpg

Scan4_zpskvhl5fpe.jpg

Scan5_zpse691lzcg.jpg

Scan6_zpshpayiail.jpg

Scan7_zpslpwbheti.jpg

Scan8_zpsb1g2mrk6.jpg

Scan9_zpsc9eioxxi.jpg

Scan11_zpseuaaaisn.jpg

Last edited:
Tip #2) Check the Personal Navigator left each night in your stateroom for the dates and times of the next day's events.

tracy%20arm%20navigator%203_zpshiiv2p6x.jpg

tracy%20arm%20navigator%205_zpsftyuawfp.jpg

tracy%20arm%20navigator%204_zps9gqvntj0.jpg

tracy%20arm%20navigator%202_zpsbpnftwfj.jpg

Tip #3) Don't miss some of the great movies being shown during the cruise!

Scan10_zpsu2jjdvr3.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Disboards!

Hi - We are on the cruise as well. Took a while for us to get through as others have mentioned but eventually got a room! Our third cruise, but first member cruise. It will be me, my DH, DD (15) and DS (13). Looking forward to it! We would love to join the FE Group as well.

Hi - We are on the cruise as well. Took a while for us to get through as others have mentioned but eventually got a room! Our third cruise, but first member cruise. It will be me, my DH, DD (15) and DS (13). Looking forward to it! We would love to join the FE Group as well.

:welcome: To our cruise meet! Here's the FE signup information. Glad to have you guys join in.

NEW FE SIGNUPS: ALL ARE WELCOME! IF YOU'D LIKE TO JOIN, JUST LET US KNOW HERE ON THE DIS.
I WILL CIRCULATE A DETAILED LIST VIA PM TO OUR GROUP ONLY.

Please Provide ME (Poison Ivy) THE FOLLOWING INFO:

WHO IS IN YOUR GROUP
AGES OF ANYONE UNDER 18
Cabin # -
ANY CELEBRATIONS (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
ANY Allergies/SPECIAL REQUESTS
Favorite Characters

Note: A min of 10 posts on the Dis is needed to receive the List privately.
(to increase your post count, simply create and reply to your own dummy thread on the Test Board here: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/)

Our reservation isn't showing up yet on either the DVC or DCL pages yet. Anyone else? We paid cash.

We paid cash and booked with a friend. Both reservations are on the castaway club website, but not the DVC website. Is this your first cruise? If not, I would call.

Okay, it does show up on the castaway club list. I was looking on the main DCL sue previously under my reservations. Thanks!

We paid cash and booked with a friend. Both reservations are on the castaway club website, but not the DVC website. Is this your first cruise? If not, I would call.

When ours did not show on the DVC site I called. I was told sense we paid cash like you it would not. It does however show on the DCL site now. It also states we declined travel protection and we were never ask about that. When we get our paper work in the next couple of weeks now I will see if anything in it gives us this option. If not then I will call. Paying cash and this time of year we want this option...smjj

:fish::fish::fish:COME JOIN OUR FE GROUP:fish::fish::fish:

PARTICIPANTS:

Poison Ivy and Johnny Quest
Kel-C_D27
Disneylovers - 1 & 2
Shananana
mom4mad

Fish Extenders - CLICK HERE FOR FE Basic Information

Click Here for Fish Extender (FE) Photos:

More PHOTOS from the DVC ALASKAN MEMBER CRUISE: FE gifts here

NEW SIGNUPS: ALL ARE WELCOME! IF YOU'D LIKE TO JOIN, JUST LET US KNOW HERE ON THE DIS.
I WILL CIRCULATE A DETAILED LIST VIA PM TO OUR GROUP ONLY.

SEND ME A PM WITH THE FOLLOWING INFO:

WHO IS IN YOUR GROUP
AGES OF ANYONE UNDER 18
Cabin # -
ANY CELEBRATIONS (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
ANY Allergies/SPECIAL REQUESTS
Favorite Characters

I can't figure out how to PM you (tech challenged). I'm really excited to join the FE group - just found out what a FE is and purchased white on black Mickey ear fabric to make one. My DH's B'day is 8/14 and mine is 9/24 so we are using the b'days as an excuse to take this cruise! We are staying in #7032 and our favorite characters are Doc (DH's biker name) and Tink or Grumpy for me. We have a Harley trike and volunteer with the American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, American Red Cross and the Patriot Guard Riders.

I can't figure out how to PM you (tech challenged). I'm really excited to join the FE group - just found out what a FE is and purchased white on black Mickey ear fabric to make one. My DH's B'day is 8/14 and mine is 9/24 so we are using the b'days as an excuse to take this cruise! We are staying in #7032 and our favorite characters are Doc (DH's biker name) and Tink or Grumpy for me. We have a Harley trike and volunteer with the American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, American Red Cross and the Patriot Guard Riders.

:welcome: To our cruise meet and welcome to the Disboards! Feel free to jump right in as part of the group. Really happy to have so many DVC members join in.

I will add you guys to the FE.

Yes - as you noted, the FE list will only be circulated via Private Conversation here on the Dis. Since you guys just joined with only 2 posts, you cannot access this feature in your profile yet. You must have a minimum of 10 posted messages here on the Dis in order to do so.

I've created a thread here on the test board you can use to help get started. http://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasy-dvc-cruise-testing-board.3543324/
Otherwise, you can just post 8 more times on our thread here.

I was just checking our history on the Castaway Cay part of DCL and had a DUH moment. This trip will be the one where we will have sailed on all the current DCL ships. We even sailed on the Big Red Boat(we are old) which was what Disney used before they started their own DCL...smjj

Welcome!:welcome:

:welcome:

I was just checking our history on the Castaway Cay part of DCL and had a DUH moment. This trip will be the one where we will have sailed on all the current DCL ships. We even sailed on the Big Red Boat(we are old) which was what Disney used before they started their own DCL...smjj

That's a great history! Never was on the big red boat!

Bobbi:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter