Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
When we sail this, there will have been a DVC Member Cruise on all 4 ships. Of course. DCL has more ships planned, so it will be a fleeting grand status.

It was tough getting in today, but we made it!

Please post here, let's get to know each other before sailing!

Who is interested in organizing:

Pin trading
Scrap booking
Meets for a meal
Non Disney excursion

Anything else?

What we have planned so far:
I'll organize a Local Candy/Snack exchange
Poison ivy will organize a Dis FE. Great info sheet post #17...booked up
Shananana will organize mixology
Mathmagicland will work on getting us an avatar!
A craft FE group

Let's meet at TTOTWL the night before!

If there is interest in a Local Candy/Snack exchange I will keep track of people here. No need to send information at this time. I've organized one on a few trips now. There has been as few as 3 and as many as 32 participants. I will have groups between 8 and 11 so no one gets a sugar overload. We pass out candy/snacks that have a local connection, but sometimes local means the same section of the country, state. We have received a bag of snack candies from the Hershey company. These were out of the ordinary, apparently Hershey gives locals some additional types. We've gotten potato shaped candies from Idaho and Cheese straws from Mississippi. I forget from where, but we got bags of cotton candy from the town where that first was sold! We've gotten flavored cookies from Key West. Salt water taffy from NJ and Salt Lake City. Lots more.

If you are interested, tell in the thread and I will list you here. If there are allergies, you will mention that when you give your cabin number and names of people in the cabin later. I imagine I will ask for specifics during the first 15 days of July, and cut off will be July 15.

Craft FE group
This group is for crafters wanting a Fish Exchange. It will be maxed at 12 cabins

tiggermom93
cefarley

Candy Exchange interest... so far....3/11/17
KashasMom
Karen924
bobbiwoz
pekollie

MEET FOR LUNCH AND PIN TRADING
At Cabanas....meet outside Cabanas near the aft elevators at noon on the first sea day!

Last edited:
It was a tough morning but I too was finally able to get through & book this cruise. Hooray!! Got cut off the first time after making it into the call queue which was not good & had to start over. Update - I sent an email to member services about the disconnect & was pleasantly surprised to get a call from them shortly after to talk about it. Some sort of technical problem unfortunately, but it was nice of them to reach out so quickly and personally.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Last edited:
It was a tough morning but I too was finally able to get through & book this cruise. Hooray!! Got cut off the first time after making it into the call queue which was not good & had to start over.

Thanks for starting this thread!

You are welcome. I definitely wanted there to be a thread!

Since this cruise leaves from Port Canaveral, I hope there can be a pre cruise meet! I suggest TTOTWL at BLT the night before!

Wow! look who's here.

Yay!! We are booked. It was crazy this morning. Took half a day to get through. The Categories kept dropping from inside to balconies the longer we tried to call. By the time we had wrapped up our Cat 4C they were gone too.

Happy to see you guys. Bobbi, I'm happy to organize the FE. It would be good to have one for the DIS.

Wow! look who's here.

Yay!! We are booked. It was crazy this morning. Took half a day to get through. The Categories kept dropping from inside to balconies the longer we tried to call. By the time we had wrapped up our Cat 4C they were gone too.

Happy to see you guys. Bobbi, I'm happy to organize the FE. It would be good to have one for the DIS.

Thank you. I will list your FE organizing in the first post!

It was tough getting in today, but we made it!

Please post here, let's get to know each other before sailing!

Who is interested in organizing:

Who can get us an avatar?

Anything else?

What we have planned so far:
I'll organize a Local Candy/Snack exchange
Poison ivy will organize a Dis FE

I'm happy to reach out to Jordak about creating an avatar for this cruise.

Yay! Glad to finally see a thread for this group and excited to see all the people going. We were lucky enough to only have to wait 30 minutes or so to book. It's crazy to hear people waited for hours!!! We would love to join an FE group so once you have that up and loaded let me know and I'll provide our info!

We made it! Our party is two families, both dvc, both with 2 DD's all 8-12 years old at time of sailing. Our families met on the first Panama Canal crossing of the Wonder in 2011, and we have been great friends ever since. This is the first member cruise for all of us. So excited!

I called right at 9 a.m. and got in the queue, but it took an hour to book because first there was the wait to talk to DVC and then a second wait to give credit card information to pay for our second passenger. We are using points for me and cash for DH. Got what I wanted, a category 9 B oceanview cabin. We purchased DVC in 1995 and will be celebrating our 40th anniversary on the cruise.

:welcome:

To all members and friends on this cruise.

Tom and I are senior citizens, who have owned DVC since 2003. We love to cruise DCL, Princess and RCCL. We are especially happy that there are 3 days at sea, and the ports are interesting to us. We honeymooned in St. Thomas 48 years ago, and we have never been to British Tortola.

Like some others here, I am on this year's MC on the Magic. It feels to be celebrating next year's cruise when we have not enjoyed this year's one.

Bobbi:boat:

We made it! Our party is two families, both dvc, both with 2 DD's all 8-12 years old at time of sailing. Our families met on the first Panama Canal crossing of the Wonder in 2011, and we have been great friends ever since. This is the first member cruise for all of us. So excited!

That's us! We are the "other" family. Had 4 phones going and still had to "settle" for cat 11a. But at least we are going to make it onto the boat.

Like mad mom said, we will have 4 girls between us. Two 12-yrs and two 8-yrs. And husbands! We're taking them too. I can't wait for the FE exchange again. And this will be our first trek to castaway.

I'd be happy to organize the mixology class!

:fish::fish::fish: ALL FE GROUPS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED:fish::fish::fish:

FE #2 **CLOSED**
PARTICIPANTS:

wyorunner
missa24
lulukate - Cabin 1 (participating separately)
lulukate - Cabin 2 (participating separately)

mjmcca
jenvin
njkt

FE #1 **CLOSED**

Poison Ivy and Johnny Quest
Kel-C_D27
Disneylovers - Cabin 1 (participating separately)
Disneylovers - Cabin 2 (participating separately)
Shananana
mom4mad
LouiseG
Karen924
Teke3
Bach's mom
Vivica
luckyeight
blu3
pekollie
goofydvc

Fish Extenders - CLICK HERE FOR FE Basic Information

Click Here for Fish Extender Gifts (FE) Pics #1:

Click Here for Fish Extender Gifts (FE) Pics #2:

NO NEW SIGNUPS: OUR FE GROUPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

I WILL CIRCULATE A DETAILED LIST VIA PM TO EACH GROUP INDIVIDUALLY.

NOTE: In order to participate in the FE, you must have a minimum POST REPLY count of 10 here on the Disboards. The list will only be circulated via "Private Conversation" sent to your inbox on the Dis. which can only be accessed after you reach 10 posts.

I've created a thread here on the test board to help get your post count to 10. http://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasy-dvc-cruise-testing-board.3543324/

OR, you can simply post here on our cruisemeet thread or anywhere on the disboards.

Once your post count reaches 10, click on my name "poison ivy" under my avatar and "start a conversation"

SEND ME THE FOLLOWING INFO:
WHO IS IN YOUR GROUP
AGES OF ANYONE UNDER 18
Cabin # -
ANY CELEBRATIONS (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
ANY Allergies/SPECIAL REQUESTS
Favorite Characters

Year joined the DVC
DCL Castaway Club Status: Silver, Gold or Platinum

Last edited:
That's us! We are the "other" family. Had 4 phones going and still had to "settle" for cat 11a. But at least we are going to make it onto the boat.

Like mad mom said, we will have 4 girls between us. Two 12-yrs and two 8-yrs. And husbands! We're taking them too. I can't wait for the FE exchange again. And this will be our first trek to castaway.

I'd be happy to organize the mixology class!
Thank you, and Welcome to your whole group!!

Yay! Glad to finally see a thread for this group and excited to see all the people going. We were lucky enough to only have to wait 30 minutes or so to book. It's crazy to hear people waited for hours!!! We would love to join an FE group so once you have that up and loaded let me know and I'll provide our info!

Great! I just posted it here: Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

I'm in with Johnny Quest my DH. Glad to have you join!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts