Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

That's us! We are the "other" family. Had 4 phones going and still had to "settle" for cat 11a. But at least we are going to make it onto the boat.

Like mad mom said, we will have 4 girls between us. Two 12-yrs and two 8-yrs. And husbands! We're taking them too. I can't wait for the FE exchange again. And this will be our first trek to castaway.

I'd be happy to organize the mixology class!

Glad you guys made it. You did great with getting the 11a's. They went fast. FE signups here:Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

I do not feel so bad. We had three phones going and still took us almost two hours to get in then 45 minutes in queue to talk to someone, we did not get cut off. All of our 4 picks were gone by this time and we are in category 5D more than we wanted to spend but what the hey, desk 6 forward. This is our 3rd Members cruise and 5th Disney cruise. Looking forward to this cruise...smjj

I do not feel so bad. We had three phones going and still took us almost two hours to get in then 45 minutes in queue to talk to someone, we did not get cut off. All of our 4 picks were gone by this time and we are in category 5D more than we wanted to spend but what the hey, desk 6 forward. This is our 3rd Members cruise and 5th Disney cruise. Looking forward to this cruise...smjj

:welcome:

We also had 3 picks closed to us, but we're happy, too. Last week, we had been planning to book with our cousin, so we had picked 3 choices with her. She was not able to book, her DH had been wavering, and a few nights ago, he said no. In the end we have one of the cabins we were trying to get when she was coming. Yes, a bit more than we were thinking, but the same as if she were with us.

6 phones going here! We were very lucky, they answered at 8:02, we were on hold for 15 minutes until we spoke with someone. Didn't get our first choice, (because we were after the 5E which there are hardly any!), so our next choice was 5D. By 9:00 we were off the phone! This is our first member cruise, we are beyond excited!!! 363 days and counting!!!

6 phones going here! We were very lucky, they answered at 8:02, we were on hold for 15 minutes until we spoke with someone. Didn't get our first choice, (because we were after the 5E which there are hardly any!), so our next choice was 5D. By 9:00 we were off the phone! This is our first member cruise, we are beyond excited!!! 363 days and counting!!!

Hi neighbor, 5D for us also...smjj

Very excited about booking our first DVC cruise! Wasn't too bad booking this morning. First 2 calls were busy signals then got on..waited in queue over 40 min then had to wait again to pay...but was very happy to get first choice category (T) and we are all very stoked about concierge level. This has been a very tough year and we decided to go all out for this trip since we couldn't do our usual Aug. Disney trip this year. DH has been on tablet most of the day reading everything he can about the ship and member cruises. One quick question...CM told me that I would be able to see the booking on my DVC online account today and will be mailed official letter and reservation info later. I don't see anything online...has anyone seen their booking info on their DVC account? Just curious...thanks

Very excited about booking our first DVC cruise! Wasn't too bad booking this morning. First 2 calls were busy signals then got on..waited in queue over 40 min then had to wait again to pay...but was very happy to get first choice category (T) and we are all very stoked about concierge level. This has been a very tough year and we decided to go all out for this trip since we couldn't do our usual Aug. Disney trip this year. DH has been on tablet most of the day reading everything he can about the ship and member cruises. One quick question...CM told me that I would be able to see the booking on my DVC online account today and will be mailed official letter and reservation info later. I don't see anything online...has anyone seen their booking info on their DVC account? Just curious...thanks
I have not found it yet on either the DVC site or the DCL site. Last time it showed up under DCL Castaway Cay page sooner than any other areas, a few days after booking.

I have not found it yet on either the DVC site or the DCL site. Last time it showed up under DCL Castaway Cay page sooner than any other areas, a few days after booking.

I could not see ours either about 4 hours after booking. They told me(online chat on the DVC site) sense we paid cash and not on points it would not show up on the DVC site. I don't think that sounds right but who knows...smjj

Well it's already a pleasure to be part of this group. Although we've cruised on DCL before, this is our first DVC member cruise. Sort of one of those bucket list things that could become a habit. Unless something changes with our DD, this cruise will just be myself and DW in a slightly delayed celebration of our 35th wedding anniversary. We booked a 4B stateroom on the starboard side, and I'm excited as can be. We also are on the main dining rotation.

Travel plans yet unknown, but I think the evening before at TOTWL sounds like an excellent suggestion. We are in Louisville, any other cruisers from the Kentuckiana area?

It took us a total of 2 1/4 hours to get through and booked, and we started at 9am sharp. At one time we had three cell phones and one Skype dialing. DW got through as did the Skype, which we dropped once a real person picked up the cell phone on hold. We got exactly what we wanted, 5B, deck 8, starboard, forward, late dining. This will be DCL cruise number 12 (maybe more) but our first member cruise and the second time for this itinerary. Since we are now "locals" we are very flexible to finally attend a member cruise. BTW, we have been on every DCL ship.

I have heard that you should bring an empty suitcase for all the swag you will get on this type of cruise but maybe that is in reference to FE and other member exchanges, not just DVC events. Hopefully someone very special Richard Sherman will be our surprise guest on the cruise.

:welcome:

We live between Concinnati and Dayton Ohio, so sort of neighbor's to Kentucky. We were without electricity for 4 hours or so, but no flooding near me, unlike Dayton and Cincinniti proper.

We looked for the reservation on the DVC site, but it's not there. I'll keep looking on DCL's site, like Mathmagicland, I think it will be there first.

With this year's MC and next year's on the Fantasy, I will have been on Grand Slam Member Cruises!

2005 - Wonder
2013, 2014,2015 Dream
2016 - Magic comming up September 28
2017 - Fantasy

Last edited:
Glad to read your homestead stayed dry during those thunderstorms. I just told DW that albeit we aren't in a flood area, nor ever had water in our home, I was going to investigate adding a flood policy. Thanks for starting this thread, it will be interesting to see how many folks we accumulate along the way.

Greetings from Virginia! I called yesterday morning at 0900 and by 0949 we had our reservation (oceanview 9b). By 1300 I saw that a majority of the ship had sold out and I believe it was category 4 that was left for booking. I had a feeling this cruise would sell out fast and it did! Have a magical day!

Our reservation for the member cruise does show up on the DVC website. They said it would take four weeks till we get a confirmation package from DCL. I am so glad to have booked right away since it sold out yesterday. I think there's been a pent up demand for a seven day Caribbean member cruise since the four night ones seem to be over so soon. We have been on two member cruises on the Dream and yes, you do get about a suitcase's worth of gifts during the cruise from DVC, not just fish extenders. Ours included canvas beach bags, hats, etc.; so it's a good idea to have an extra suitcase to get everything home.

Glad to read your homestead stayed dry during those thunderstorms. I just told DW that albeit we aren't in a flood area, nor ever had water in our home, I was going to investigate adding a flood policy. Thanks for starting this thread, it will be interesting to see how many folks we accumulate along the way.

Thank you!

I'm glad people are joining this thread and introducing themselves! I'm hoping to have a breakfast meet on the first sea day to meet each other in person!

Greetings from Virginia! I called yesterday morning at 0900 and by 0949 we had our reservation (oceanview 9b). By 1300 I saw that a majority of the ship had sold out and I believe it was category 4 that was left for booking. I had a feeling this cruise would sell out fast and it did! Have a magical day!

:welcome: I have to admit that I was surprised that it did sell out. There were lots of people who posted here on DVC Misc. that they were teachers, or they had children in school. We are retired now, but I do do volunteer work.

Our reservation for the member cruise does show up on the DVC website. They said it would take four weeks till we get a confirmation package from DCL. I am so glad to have booked right away since it sold out yesterday. I think there's been a pent up demand for a seven day Caribbean member cruise since the four night ones seem to be over so soon. We have been on two member cruises on the Dream and yes, you do get about a suitcase's worth of gifts during the cruise from DVC, not just fish extenders. Ours included canvas beach bags, hats, etc.; so it's a good idea to have an extra suitcase to get everything home.

Thanks for the information about your cruise showing up! Yeah!

For those mentioning swag - Who knows what we'll be surprised with all week on a DVC Eastern Caribbean cruise!

Here are some photos of the many gifts from the 7nt DVC Member cruise to Alaska last year.

Member Cruise commemorative lanyards.

The Gold CC gift was a backpack and umbrella

The DVC gifts were amazing. This was waiting for us from the very first night!

hat and scarf

travel mug

a bag of "movie momentos" in tribute to the many great films we were shown.

Inside Out T-shirt and Lava marquee card (both premiered on our cruise w/special guests including Pixar reps and Lava director James Ford Murphy)
/ Avengers cinch bag / Tomorrowland pin / Cinderella magnet / Disney Nature - Monkey Kingdom button / Inside Out collector card.

[/QUOTE]

The gifts just kept on coming!

Day 2 - At Sea

Mini Binoculars

(no gifts on Day 3 - Tracy Arm)

Day 4 - Skagway

Large Tote Bag

(perfect size to fit all the gifts)

Day 5 - Juneau

Lithograph w/ Pin

Day 6 - Ketchikan

DCL Alaska Totem Pole

Day 7 - At Sea

DVC Clue Game
(all gifts were in multiples of 3 except this one. We received 2 in our cabin)

And finally............................

DVC Alaska Member Cruise Limited Edition Commemorative Pin

How nice. I love the totem, but I suppose I like it so much because it reminds me of VWL!

I called right at 9 a.m. and got in the queue, but it took an hour to book because first there was the wait to talk to DVC and then a second wait to give credit card information to pay for our second passenger. We are using points for me and cash for DH. Got what I wanted, a category 9 B oceanview cabin. We purchased DVC in 1995 and will be celebrating our 40th anniversary on the cruise.
Congrats! We celebrated our 40th last year on the WBTA.

Poison Ivy, thank you so much for posting the pictures! Since this is our first Member Cruise, we are excited to see what all the "swag" will be. You mentioned that there were three of each gifts (except for the Clue game) left in the room. Does that mean that each member of the travel party receives a gift (rather than one per room?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter