Epcot Spine and Entrance Project

I think there's probably more people willing to do that than paid to Leave a Legacy in the first place.
I always felts a little bad for those that paid for that... I tried to stop and look at the images, but it was so poorly done... So much unused space still left after other saw how bad it was... why would anyone want to pay $$ for that?

I always felts a little bad for those that paid for that... I tried to stop and look at the images, but it was so poorly done... So much unused space still left after other saw how bad it was... why would anyone want to pay $$ for that?
It was only like $35 when they sold them.

I don’t think it was an awful concept, but the execution, especially what it did to the entrance plaza, wasn’t great

Martin said walls could go up this year. Obviously done in phases. I think the entrance will be one of the first pieces done and won't take as long as some other aspects.

Agree that it has to be done in sections to deal with the closing exit. This will be easier once the Skyliner is running and reducing the volume exiting at the main gate.

I'm ready for them to be gone. I feel for those who paid for Leave a Legacy but if they are moving them somewhere else at least they can visit it. Although it is really hard to make out the faces on them.

I look forward to Epcot Entrance being more open like it was when I was a kid.

I didn’t pay for ours. It was included in our package. We did it February 2000.

I am excited that the Wonders of Life pavilion will be getting a make-over. I am even more excited that my DD isn't little anymore so I won't have to visit it more than once. I may be in the minority, but I really hated the WDW play areas because I was soooo bored in them. My DD, of course, loved them!

@rteetz any info on if this will coincide with the rumored SSE rehab? Seems like it would make sense to just close everything up front, and funnel them through.

Everything will be done in phases. Closing everything at once would be a bit of a nightmare.
With that being said there has to be overlap. Per insiders - SSE refurbish could start late this year, or early next. I believe the spine work is on same kind of timings.

For some reason, this:

256_overall_february2019_final-for-release-1024x539-jpg.383885

Reminds me of the Splatoon video game on Nintendo Switch:

b60da707bfbca8823ea744255b24e0417c69459a_hq.jpg

I'm excited to get more info on it.

Last edited:
Huh. Good point! It is a popular game and an easy concept for people to understand. Also a natural way to smush unrelated characters together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter