Epcot Spine and Entrance Project

Interesting. Never had them hit me up for any sales stuff. I'm sure they must. We go by all the time, as my kidlet is always seeing what they have for pins.

You are very lucky, then! Maybe it’s because I am a young woman with no kids? Easy target. :P

So sexy:

EPCOT+Center.jpg

Odd. They sure look like they're removed in the new concept art. Of course IT IS concept art. What the heck is that the golden column under SE?

eeb1029380498234234fi-613x345.jpg

I think it just the center part that is mirrored now that either be resurfaced or just the artists rendering (also looks more narrow in the picture than in current real life)

Spaceship-Earth-entrance.jpg

When did the original entrance go away? I have been going since before Leave a Legacy, but cannot recall if the other "stuff" was different at that time. It's all a blur when you are racing to Living with the Land ;)
Leave a Legacy began in the 90s.

A Clean, simple layout...though it's odd, I don't see the fountain centerpiece in that photo, or am I blind? This would be between around 1982-1985-ish since there's no Living Seas.

A Clean, simple layout...though it's odd, I don't see the fountain centerpiece in that photo, or am I blind? This would be between around 1982-1985-ish since there's no Living Seas.
Doesn't look like the center piece is there.

I believe they are referring to the pictures. The pictures will be moved to a new location and the monoliths will be removed completely.

Perhaps they're confused because the Leave a Legacy tiles will still be displayed, but not in the same area. The tombstones....err, monoliths are definitely getting removed.

edit: rteetz beat me to it

Odd. They sure look like they're removed in the new concept art. Of course IT IS concept art. What the heck is that the golden column under SE?

eeb1029380498234234fi-613x345.jpg

I'm guessing typo.
They tried writing:

"the future of Epcot doesn't include those monoliths"
and
"the future of Epcot includes moving those monoliths"

at the same time, and this was the result.

You guys helped me figure this out.

I took "doesn't include moving" to mean they were staying right where they are, but that's probably not the case.

The future doesn't include "moving" because they are being "removed" completely.

Hooray about moving those ugly monoliths. I've hated them from their inception. I'm glad they are finally showing my favorite part some tlc. I can't wait to see it come to life again.

I believe they are referring to the pictures. The pictures will be moved to a new location and the monoliths will be removed completely.
The granite monoliths are so ugly! The whole entrance is currently drab gray/beige and looks like a dystopian future. Its so sad looking when there is no festival going on and/or sign and topiary.

The flow of that area also seems to be so weird. People don't really go around the monoliths and during peak park times the PhotoPass lines in the very front get twisted and tangled. It actually seemed like they got pushed back to the sides of the main topiary/garden area on my last trip.

I am very excited for the changes even if it means losing a free frozen Coke on my birthday!

I'll miss Club Cool too. In a park that offers us little to do that place stood out.

But that is progress. I hope to hear more about actual changes to attractions soon. That's where my hopes are.

Yeah. If giving up Club Cool means a gorgeous entrance, a non-depressing Future World, and new life to the golden dome... I happily accept this trade.

I'll miss Club Cool too. In a park that offers us little to do that place stood out.

But that is progress. I hope to hear more about actual changes to attractions soon. That's where my hopes are.

Funny how different people can do Disney. I could not care less about Club Cool and we always found enough to do in EPCOT for multiple days each trip

Guess they still do have the sampler at the Coca Cola store as Disney Springs for those that want it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter