Double Dippin Droppin Double Digits weight loss group.

haven't been here for a while
at last I've lost 3 pounds
still going to the gym 4 times a week
and eating a lot less junk
thinking of staying WW with DSIL

I am really looking forward to joining in this weight loss / healthy eating / improving fitness etc thread on Monday. I think I am now the fattest I have ever been, even when pregnant :scared1:

It will take a good 7 months to get me in cruise shape - and as Monday is the 25th, that gives me exactly 7 months! I may even get DH to take a "before" photo in a swimming costume as inspiration :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

So look forward to seeing you all on Monday 25th March!:goodvibes

NOW THAT PLANNING!

I have lost 1.5 pounds this week!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

My total down is 4.5!!!!!

I have definitley changed my lifestye eating habits.
MY DH made bacon this morning and i had a PB and j sandwich on wheat toast with half banana now the sandwich was 5 points but i would have had WAY more than that in bacon and still been hungry! I didnt even eat it all so i only had really 3.75 points and my banana was 1 point!

It feels good to not want the bacon!!!!

EVERY is doing SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!
KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!

Well I was doing good until Valentines Day and the rest of that week and weekend was a wash but I only gained 2/10ths of a pound. I jumped back into the plan on Monday and by the next day lost the 2/10ths of a pound. I weigh in again Monday morning and cant wait to see if I have regained myself further.

Weekends are the hardest because my husband loves big breakfasts. He also likes eating out alot on the weekends! If only others could be more supportive, or at least eat things around me that arent so tempting! :scared: Girl Scout cookies came this week! :sad1:

ohhhhhhh

Girl Scout cookies.....yummy

I dont get much support here at home either and that is one reason why i am trying to loose weight now.

You have probally seen pictures and my Dh is a BIG GUY and doesnt DIET!
at all!

So now i have to do this on my own!

SO YOU CAN DOO ITT!!!!!!!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!

Lynn - Congrats on the weight loss! That is great news!

Totally - Welcome to the group and good luck with your weight loss!

Midwest - I have also had it rough most days since Valentines day. I haven't really planned my week's meals which showed in my food shopping. So we ended up eating out a lot as well. But you still have done great - so keep at it!

I am down 1 pound this week (probably a little less, but my scale doesn't measure tenths!). 9 to go!

5 days at the gym and pool this week plus 1 yoga
was doing good until today took my DN's to the pictures
no chocolate but lots of popcorn , then mc Donalds
just feel so blodded now

I did poorly today!

I am sure i am way over on points.
Dont know what my problem is latley..........unfortunatly i have to assume it is onset of menapause...........and oh my it is horrible!!!!!!!!!!

red pepper bagel........................5.5
chocolate chip cookie..................7

oranje juice.....................2.5

ham potatoes dinner.........8

2 gummy hearts left over from valentines day..1.5

chips ...........4

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!
31 points!!

BAD LYNN BAD BAD GIRL!!!!!!! OKay where is the belt!:rotfl2:

well there is 10 of the extra 35 oints i get for the week already and it is only SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

HI Everyone

Today is the day I start to change my life!
I am starting my weight loss / healthy eating / improving fitness and toning
up my flabby bits cruise countdown!

We have exactly 8 months until we cruise, and there is no time like TODAY for getting a grip!

My plan is to count calories and using Big Ben's information I will basically try and make sure than more go out than in over the period of a week. I have worked out my BMR which is 1300 calories per day, so I will try and eat less than that and try and exercise daily to get rid of a few more.

I will weigh in at the pharmacy and measure my dimensions once a month to see the overall trend rather than weekly fluctuations and it will always be on or as near to the 25th as possible.

I plan today to:

take at least a 30 minute walk
buy healthy food
have a weight and BMI calculation done in the pharmacy
measure all my dimensions and cringe at the results
take a set of "before" photos
check out the times of the pool openings and sessions.

I don't know if this is of use to anyone - but it calculates the calories you will burn up doing different types of exercise:

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/magazine/interactive/calories/index.aspx

and this gives you the calorie content of a lot of food products:

http://www.weightlossforall.com/food-calories-list.htm

I will be obsessive at the start until I get into it and I may well post a lot and bore everyone senseless, but if it helps then so be it.

Good luck to anyone starting today, and to all of you who have done really well to keep it up so far!:cheer2:

Well so far so good - I have been for the weigh in, and it gave me some rather alarming results :scared: :

weight - 149lbs which basically means I now need to lose 16lbs to reach my first target weight of 133lbs :faint:

BMI - 25.8 which basically means OVERWEIGHT

I have bought some salad stuff for tonight, learned that there are a lot more calories in a bagel than I thought there were, and I am about to go our for a 30 minute walk (and it's cold and windy)

:cheer2: :cheer2: I lost another 3.2lbs this past week!! That means 9lbs total since I started healthy eating and 13lbs if you count prior to getting sick in December. I am on a real roll- I am proud of myself for bouncing back after my Valentines Day and weekend fallout.

TotallyAngelic- great job starting and sounds like a solid plan!:thumbsup2

To everyone else- stay in there. It seems alot easier doing this in the winter. No summer clothes or swimsuits to get depressed about and quit! By the time summer comes I hope to reach my goal of 30 lbs.

Totally....... How tall are you?

Just wanting to compare our weights?

I was 140 pounds when i started.

what is your goal weight?

Totally....... How tall are you?

Just wanting to compare our weights?

I was 140 pounds when i started.

what is your goal weight?

Hi Lynn

My height is 5 ft 3.7" (1.62m) according to the machine I went on this morning

My target weight is 134lbs initially, but I would love to get to 126lbs if possible.

This is the sort of thing I am doing - a bit obsessive I know, but hopefully by keeping a close record it will help - today's figures are as follows:

Basal Metabolic Rate: 1394 calories

Day 1: Monday 25th February:
Calorie Intake:

100ml SS Milk in 4 cups of tea: 49
Oats so Simple with sprinkle of sugar 200
Cappucino 80
Bagel 310
Tuna and Mayo 70
Peach 35
Snack a jack 102
Tuna and Coriander fishcake 200
Half baked pototo and salad 100
2 clementines 48
low cal hot chocolate 40
rich tea biscuit 49

TOTAL INTAKE: 1283 cals
remaining: 111 cals

Outgoing calories:

exercise: 30 mins fast walking = 143 cals

Daily Balance: Total Deficit of 111 + 143 = 254 cals

Back from my cruise. Very afraid to get on the scale. I did not over do it and I did do a lot of walking but I did eat fast food on the way home. I did eat my favorite dessert one night, warm chocolate cake. It was delish.
I am back on WW today and I will weigh in on thursday. Floyd lost 6 pounds last week. That is so unfair that he can do that. Son said he brought McD's home several nights while I was gone. I need to get back on the treadmill.

Day 2: Tuesday 26th February:

Calorie Intake:

100mls SS Milk in 4 cups of tea: 49
Oats so Simple with sprinkle of sugar 200
Bagel 310
Small pot Philadelphia light 60
3 clementines 72
1 apple 44
I alpen light bar 70
1 Special K Bliss bar 90
2 tortilla wraps 200
small portion refried beans 90
mixed vegetables (pepper, celery, mushroom, onions) 53
one dessertspoon frozen yogurt dessert 45
cup of low fat hot chocolate 40
rich tea biscuit 49

TOTAL: 1362 cals
remaining: 32 cals

Outgoing calories:

No exercise as such but a busy 8 hour shift at work which involves lots of walking – but I will not count unless it is extra exercise.

Daily Balance: deficit of 32 calories

Not a bad day - it's a lot harder at work as I am so busy and don't get time to eat little and often - there are also loads of chocolates about which I have managed to resist today, but sometimes when your blood sugar is low and you are mad busy it's so easy to just eat chocolate and keep going.

I'm off work today and plan another walk and I am going to make a low fat / low calorie soup for lunch.

Good luck everyone for today!:goodvibes

Has anyone tried Hoodia? One of my coworkers is trying it. She is pencil thin so I do not know why she is trying to lose weight. Just wondering if it really helps to kill your appetite.

I did try it a couple years ago.

I did not like it. And dumped 2 bottles of it down the toilet.

It made my throat feel like it was going to close up and it made me a bit nauseas and my bowels were horrible while taking it.

Now i am taking DEXATRIM.....the only normal diet pill i could find in the Walgreens.

I have a day time a Night time and one i can drop in water.

They work very well to curb my appetite.
I was taking just one for about 8 weeks and have just moved up to 2 a day and then ocasionnally a night time one when i think i might have trouble!

They have not made me sick or anything like the HODDIa did.

Back from WW. I lost 3 pounds.:cool1: :cool1: I was so happy. I figured I gained. I am down 11 pounds total. Only like a million to go. Just feels like it. Still want to lose 80 more.I need to focus on small goals first. I think losing 5 pounds in March is doable.

I have been really bad this week. I am going to get strict again. No more candy at work!!!

Congrats to everyone losing!!!

Well done on that 3lbs loss shrpgrl :goodvibes

I am still managing to keep below my BMR on the calorie intake :goodvibes

I am not planning to weigh until the 25th March, so hopefully I will see a drop by then - I am aiming for about 5lbs a month!

Saying that DH is taking me out to lunch today, but I am determined to stick to something low fat and definitely NO DESSERT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter