Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hello!

We are booked at POFQ for a trip in May. It's our second stay at this resort and my first we weren't thrilled but it was just before being refurbished and our room was very worn.

Just wondering has anyone used the pack & plays recently at this resort? We're they in good condition? I'm going to need two for our twins and originally we were going to drive and bring our own but we are leaning towards flying now.

Are they normal pack and plays that fold up with the mesh sides?

TIA!

It was fabulous! My youngest wanted something to eat late one night. We simply could not decide. She then settled on a pizza from the food court. We have had one before and we were not thrilled. I was even surprised that she wanted one. I went to get a peperoni pizza like a dutiful father. Wow....it was great. I was very surprised. The sauce and dough were wonderful. Just thought I would post in case anyone was wondering if the pizza there was worth getting. It definitely is.

We just got back from our very first trip to DW in Dec 2013. We stayed at AoA Lion King suites. We booked a "bounce back" to POR Royal Room (for our 2 DD) but comments say that those are furthest from the pools and far from bus stop. So we're thinking of changing to POFQ but don't know if DDs will be disappointed with the décor.

POFQ seems smaller and compact and seems great for getting to/from pool, bus and main building for younger kids.

AoA was great as a first resort but we wanted to try moderate to take advantage of the bounce back discount (which cannot be used at AoA).
Any thoughts from anyone who has been to both these resorts (POFQ and POR Royal room)?
Thanks.

You will likely like POFQ better than POR. I have stayed at both. We originally decided that POR was our most favorite resort back in 2003 when POFQ was under complete refurb and shut down. POFQ suddenly came available and we switched only because all the guide books had made a good job of stating that POFQ was small and convenient. We stayed there 2004 and have never really looked back. My brother in law owns a DVC at WL villas. He has allowed us to stay there with them from time to time but POFQ is definitely our first/best/home choice. We stayed at POR once when no room at POFQ were available. While the stay was not a bust and POR has it's plusses, POFQ is just better to us all the way around.

We just got back from our very first trip to DW in Dec 2013. We stayed at AoA Lion King suites. We booked a "bounce back" to POR Royal Room (for our 2 DD) but comments say that those are furthest from the pools and far from bus stop. So we're thinking of changing to POFQ but don't know if DDs will be disappointed with the décor. POFQ seems smaller and compact and seems great for getting to/from pool, bus and main building for younger kids. AoA was great as a first resort but we wanted to try moderate to take advantage of the bounce back discount (which cannot be used at AoA). Any thoughts from anyone who has been to both these resorts (POFQ and POR Royal room)? Thanks.

We stayed at POR RR 11/2012. Loved the rooms. The resort us spread out but we enjoyed the stay & would definitely go back. We are headed down to POFQ for our first stay there in 2/2014. Stayed at CBR in 2010 in a pirate room & loved it as well... Didn't find POR to be any further of a walk than CBR.

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

Hello!

We are booked at POFQ for a trip in May. It's our second stay at this resort and my first we weren't thrilled but it was just before being refurbished and our room was very worn.

Just wondering has anyone used the pack & plays recently at this resort? We're they in good condition? I'm going to need two for our twins and originally we were going to drive and bring our own but we are leaning towards flying now.

Are they normal pack and plays that fold up with the mesh sides?

TIA!

I just got back from the CBR in October, assuming the moderates are using comparable items, the pack n' play was a normal one. Mesh sides, my 20 month old used it no problem (probably because she was so exhausted from the parks). I was glad I brought my own sheet, Disney provided small sheets, cute with Mickey on them, but they looked really old and worn. I used my sheet and blanket and mouse keeping "made" the bed up each day for my daughter.

I can't seem to find it, and maybe I imagined the whole thing, but didn't I read somewhere on this thread that creamer (real, dairy stuff) was available in the POFQ food court?

We're here now and I've asked three CMs and the only thing available is Coffeemate chemical cocktail in a tub. It's even more frustrating when there's already a little cooler right near the coffee area in the food court that would be so convenient for keeper a small pitcher of creamer inside.

The only thing available in the gift shop is 2% milk -- nothing whole.

I did find a small carton of whole milk in the food court to keep in our room fridge for in-room coffee, but I find the whole Coffeemate monopoly maddening.

The creamer was in a big chilled dispenser on our previous trips. Looked like what they use to dispense milk in college. There is a picture of the drink station on andre's site that shows a corner of the dispenser. So I guess that has been removed? It must be more economical to have the huge dispenser over little containers so maybe it's a temporary thing? Do they still have the Nescafé coffee?

A very recent post on easyWDW about POR shows a picture of the coffee dispensers in the food court (and it's Joffrey's now) with a creamer dispenser right next to it. Doesn't POFQ have the same set up?

We just got back from our very first trip to DW in Dec 2013. We stayed at AoA Lion King suites. We booked a "bounce back" to POR Royal Room (for our 2 DD) but comments say that those are furthest from the pools and far from bus stop. So we're thinking of changing to POFQ but don't know if DDs will be disappointed with the décor.

POFQ seems smaller and compact and seems great for getting to/from pool, bus and main building for younger kids.

AoA was great as a first resort but we wanted to try moderate to take advantage of the bounce back discount (which cannot be used at AoA).
Any thoughts from anyone who has been to both these resorts (POFQ and POR Royal room)?
Thanks.

We have stayed at both.

In the royal room we were close to the bridge and a quiet pool. If you go over the bridge and keep going straight, instead of turning right, you will go right past the airline checkin and lobby. You can easily and quickly head to the buses at the south depot from this location. So I didn't find it too far.

That being said, we love how compact FQ is. If your daughters are younger, the dragon slide at POFQ would be perfect for them. If they are over 10 or so, they will probably enjoy the slide better at POR.

Thanks.

We've stayed at each one twice - we love both, but we like POR slightly better, I think, although part of that could be the time of year we went (it was warmer so we did more fun stuff at the resort). This trip coming up we're at POFQ, mainly because of the size - because we go when it's busy now, we like the compactness of the resort.

Because of how flights worked out, we added a night at the beginning of our trip and decided to do a Royal Room at POR for one night before our 9 nights at POFQ. This way we can try out a Royal Room but still get the convenience of POFQ for the rest of the trip.

I don't think you can go wrong with either resort, to be honest.

I can't seem to find it, and maybe I imagined the whole thing, but didn't I read somewhere on this thread that creamer (real, dairy stuff) was available in the POFQ food court?

They certainly used to have creamer in a dispenser unit a while ago, and POR still does, but I'm guessing that as POFQ's beverage dispenser area is a bit smaller than the one over at POR they may have had to remove it when they put in the Joffrey's machines last year? My most recent set of photos don't show one way or the other I'm afraid.

There has never been a jug of fresh cream though, I suspect the dispensers just issued the same sort of product than also comes in the little cups.

Andre

The fact that the dispensers are labelled creamer makes me think it's just a bigger container of same/similar artificial creamer otherwise wouldn't it say cream, half and half, etc? I've never noticed much since the old coffee was so bad anyway ;)

The creamer was in a big chilled dispenser on our previous trips. Looked like what they use to dispense milk in college. There is a picture of the drink station on andre's site that shows a corner of the dispenser. So I guess that has been removed? It must be more economical to have the huge dispenser over little containers so maybe it's a temporary thing? Do they still have the Nescafé coffee?

No more,Nescafé ...we gave Joffrey's a chance, liked it a little but realized after a few days it isn't for our tastes. If you like very strong coffee you will love it

Well, we were going to be back at POFQ for our May trip, but with the discounts that just came out today we saved more money by switching to POR. Will still be monitoring this group as we love POFQ, but I'll need to start watching the POR thread for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter