Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Perhaps not everone got a Flash Drive. We got our MBs the first week of December for our trip on the 18th and did not receive a drive.

Perhaps not everone got a Flash Drive. We got our MBs the first week of December for our trip on the 18th and did not receive a drive.

It would seem to be that way. Someone said it tells you when you can make ADRs. Well, too late for that for us, my 180 days was just last Friday. Also odd since this our first trip to WDW. You'd think it would be aimed at people like us. :confused3

I got the flash drive for my early January trip in mid-late November, and I think it was among the very first sent out, so my guess is that trips earlier than that didn't get them. Then, I recently got another one for our May trip. Totally separate from MBs in both cases.

We've been home for a week and are going through withdrawals. We never got a flash drive. Are we missing anything?

Is be more concerned about my ME bag tags...

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

Unless I find a really good price with Southwest and a good car rental rate, my plan is to drive the 14 hours down to Orlando. :drive:
I'd definitely rather fly, but I really want a car while I'm there because I also have friends and family in FL. :thumbsup2

Just booked my first stay at POFQ and am quite excited. I visited the resort once when I met up with some friends a couple of years abo (before the room refurbs) and really liked it. It's also going to be my first time in a moderate resort (I've always stayed at Pop, and still love it, but really wanted to do something different this trip). POFQ has always been my first choice if I ever did a moderate for it's size and location, so I'm super excited for my birthday trip!

We got the flashdrives a week or so ago for our trip at the end of February. It's basically a walkthrough of how to use your magicbands and how to book FP+ as well as our date that FP+ opens. Not much different than what is on MDE as a FP+/MagicBand tutorial, just with specific dates and suggestions on what FP+would be the best options based on your party.

My 4 year old asked Santa for MagicBands. They aren't shipped until end of January so it may be something Santa finds in the bottom of his sack.

My 4 year old asked Santa for MagicBands. They aren't shipped until end of January so it may be something Santa finds in the bottom of his sack.

That's cute!!! :lovestruc

My mom came to me one time in April and gave me a Christmas present she hid so well she couldn't find it. It was a bottle of Nickelodeon's a Green Slime Shampoo! Lol

We are staying at POFQ in June. I came here to ask about bringing a laptop to keep in the room. Just wondering if we should bring ours or not. I'm leaning towards not, but wanted to find out what others do.

However, this is first I've heard about a flash drive. We never got anything like that and we've been booked since September. :confused3

We always bring our laptop, but mainly for work. I use my smart phone with the MDE(MyDisneyExperience) app for my trip stuff.

We always bring our laptop, but mainly for work. I use my smart phone with the MDE(MyDisneyExperience) app for my trip stuff.

Where do you keep your laptop in the room? Do you put it away out of sight before you leave each day? I was thinking it would be nice to back up photos every day or so. But not sure I really want to drag it there. We'll probably just bring our Kindle and itouch because they are smaller.

PinkBudgie said:
Where do you keep your laptop in the room? Do you put it away out of sight before you leave each day? I was thinking it would be nice to back up photos every day or so. But not sure I really want to drag it there. We'll probably just bring our Kindle and itouch because they are smaller.

We took a laptop for that very reason and just hid it under stuff in a drawer. It was handy to download pics from camera and phone and it was convenient to go online with the laptop rather than a phone while in the room. I didn't bother using the safe because it was small and we had no real valuables other than purchases and the computer. It would be a safe place to put credit cards and other small important things.

We took a laptop for that very reason and just hid it under stuff in a drawer. It was handy to download pics from camera and phone and it was convenient to go online with the laptop rather than a phone while in the room. I didn't bother using the safe because it was small and we had no real valuables other than purchases and the computer. It would be a safe place to put credit cards and other small important things.

Thanks. Guess we'll think about it.

We normally put it in a drawer.

I would lock it in my luggage. I now bring an iPad that fits in the safe. But when I took my laptop I put it in my locked luggage.

I didn't get the flash drive :( I guess it's because I don't live in the US. They don't mail MBs to us either, they are sent to our resort to be picked up on arrival. Maybe the flash drive will be there too :confused3

I didn't get the flash drive :( I guess it's because I don't live in the US. They don't mail MBs to us either, they are sent to our resort to be picked up on arrival. Maybe the flash drive will be there too :confused3
The flash drive is just explaining the magic bands and FP+, so I doubt they'd give it to you at the resort. It's a cool chachki, but there isn't anything super cool on it or any info that you can't get from the web or DIS boards. I wouldn't feel too upset about not getting it.

I would lock it in my luggage. I now bring an iPad that fits in the safe. But when I took my laptop I put it in my locked luggage.

The only problem with that is the TSA can easily cut the locks to search the luggage. On my most recent trip my luggage was searched on the way down and back home

This is what I do with my laptop too, I like being able to download my photos at night so I won't lose all my pictures if I lose or break my camera.

I have travel locks that have a code printed on them that lets the TSA know which master key they can use to unlock them without cutting the lock. I realize that kind of defeats the purpose of a lock but considering all the hoops the TSA make us jump through to fly these days it's the only way to guarantee you still have a lock at the end of the trip. When I got home from WDW I had a note inside my checked luggage that said it had been searched, when unpacking I found a small flashlight, I considered it an early Christmas gift from the TSA.

Being a Brit, I always get a bit puzzled by the whole "Happy Holidays" thing :) but with today being the actual 25th of December, I would like to wish everyone a very genuine and sincere:

Merry-Christmas.png

And if you happen to be at Port Orleans French Quarter today (as a guest or Cast Member) have an amazing time:

POFQ-Rec-2013-Xmas.jpg

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter