Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

You might be better getting something at the airport. Are you taking magical express? Not sure about luggage delivery late at night.

You might be better getting something at the airport. Are you taking magical express? Not sure about luggage delivery late at night.

Yes, we will be using ME. They'll pick up our luggage but I'm going to request that they don't bring them to the room until the next morning. We'll pack what we need for the night in our carry on bags. I guess we'll just grab a snack at the airport but if we don't have time we can get something pre-packaged at the food court, I guess.

I just added a night to our stay since it would have been $80 more per person (3 of us) to fly on Saturday morning vs. Friday late afternoon. The cost of the room for an extra night is just about equal the the extra cost of the flight. I've never arrived later than noon and now we'll be arriving at POFQ at around 10 p.m., and probably kind of hungry. What, if anything, is available at the food court at that time other than packaged snacks or bakery items? Any sandwiches?

Very excited to not have to wake up at 3 a.m. for a 6 a.m. flight this time! :banana: And we won't be exhausted for the entire first day of our vacation for a change! :dance3:

always exciting to add a day to your trip!! even if it will a late arrival!!! how fun for you.

I believe the grill staion is open till 10 , maybe 11. and I think the pizza station is open till 12.. not sure, but possible.

don't forget. even though you may be tired and want to get and early start the next AM, you can just hop the boat to downtown disney and get something to eat there!

always exciting to add a day to your trip!! even if it will a late arrival!!! how fun for you.

I believe the grill staion is open till 10 , maybe 11. and I think the pizza station is open till 12.. not sure, but possible.

don't forget. even though you may be tired and want to get and early start the next AM, you can just hop the boat to downtown disney and get something to eat there!

It is exciting! Even though it's going be one long day for us until we get there, it'll be worth it just to sleep at POFQ for another night. I think we'll probably get some dinner at the airport before we leave and then a snack from the food court when we arrive. Probably be too tired to go to DTD on our arrival night.

So, our first stay at POFQ will be this June. Very excited after reading everything I can find about this place... So, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

1) It is a really small resort, so wherever we're at we should have a short walk anywhere (unlike CBR where it took 20 minutes to walk from our resort to the main building/pool).

2) POFQ has its own bus stop and doesn't typically share with Riverside during busy times. So, it should, again, be much nicer than CBR.

3) The WiFi is easy to pick up.

4) It is absolutely stunning. From the pics I've seen, it is about the loveliest resort. Quaint and calm.

5) The boat system seems really great when visiting DTD.

Anything I'm missing?

Were there in Dec. And everything you said is true. It is beautiful. Also POR is a short walk and you can use their pools. Also there is a marina over there to rent boats, a fishing hole for kids, and entertainment in their lounge at night. We ate lunch at that food court one day too.

I think you're right on with everything there! It was our first trip to POFQ in August and we absolutely loved it. And, yes, you can walk to POR for their pools, food court, gift shop, etc., if you want a change of pace.

In our week, we only shared one outgoing bus with POR. And after having to stop 4 times in POR, I realized I wouldn't want to stay there and have to do that each time! And if you do share returning from a park, you're always the first drop off.

The boat to DTD is great. Just know that when you go, you'll stop at POR before heading to DTD (actually, this is another option if you want to visit POR!). So if you're using this to get to a dining reservation, be sure to allow plenty of time. On the way back from DTD, you're the first stop.

Wow, thanks... this place is getting dreamier all the time! We're going to play a youtube video for the kids when it gets closer... any suggestions on a good one w/music that will show most of POFQ resort?

I love this site!!!

Wow, thanks... this place is getting dreamier all the time! We're going to play a youtube video for the kids when it gets closer... any suggestions on a good one w/music that will show most of POFQ resort?

I love this site!!!

I love the one on Allearsnet - The music starts with "Down in New Orleans" from Princess & the Frog. It's about 10 minutes, and I watched it over and over before my first POFQ stay last year. :thumbsup2

I love the one on Allearsnet - The music starts with "Down in New Orleans" from Princess & the Frog. It's about 10 minutes, and I watched it over and over before my first POFQ stay last year. :thumbsup2

Great, thank you! I'm going to check it out!

I like that one too. There are also some great ones by PopSong (I think I spelled that right as per the channel).

Portorleans.org has a section where you can see what music they play at the resort. Because we are big fans and regularly returning guests, I actually bought both CD's :rotfl:

Nearly at the 5 month mark. This count down is just taking forever!!

I'm thinking about requesting building 3 or 4. Seems like a really short walk to the bus stop/main building. I don't think I'd like to be in building 7 as it appears to be farthest from EVERYTHING.

I'm thinking about requesting building 3 or 4. Seems like a really short walk to the bus stop/main building. I don't think I'd like to be in building 7 as it appears to be farthest from EVERYTHING.

I was in building 7 last January, in the room closest to POR. It still wasn't a bad walk at all to the main building. :)

I was in building 7 last January, in the room closest to POR. It still wasn't a bad walk at all to the main building. :)

cool, thanks! Would you choose that building again, or would you prefer a different one? It looks like it would be in a calm area : )

cool, thanks! Would you choose that building again, or would you prefer a different one? It looks like it would be in a calm area : )

It was INSANELY quiet. For reference, we were here:

It was a King size room, and I think technically a River View. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to request it, but I certainly wouldn't be upset to be in that area again. I've been in buildings 1 and 7, and while 1 was nominally closer to the main building, I think 7 was quieter. It was a pleasant walk along the river to the pool too.

It was a King size room, and I think technically a River View. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to request it, but I certainly wouldn't be upset to be in that area again. I've been in buildings 1 and 7, and while 1 was nominally closer to the main building, I think 7 was quieter. It was a pleasant walk along the river to the pool too.

I got building 7 one time and I was basically around the corner from you (room 7103) and I didn't think it was a long walk at all. According to Andre's site, "even the furthest rooms in building 7 are still only a 350 yard walk from the main facilities so you can still get back to the food court within five minutes."

We stayed in building 7, room 7130, in 2011 and quite enjoyed the location. Extremely quiet and not a very long walk to the main building and a straight short walk to a nice bench overlooking the river, lovely place for an early morning coffee. I doubt I'd request bldg. 7 again but I wouldn't be upset if that was all I could get. On the other hand, we were in building 4 in 2013 and could be in the food court in about 30 seconds and that's what I requested for our stay next month. Oh my. I can actually say "next month" already! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter