Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for all the responses regarding POFQ vs POR Royal room. We're going to call to see if there is a big savings going to POFQ over the Royal room and decide based on decision by the inlaws (regarding walking distance from RR to bus/lobby/pool).
Regardless of which we end up in they both look like great resorts.

Did I read on this thread that there was going to be a shuttle between POFQ and POR during the pool closure at POFQ? I like this idea if it would be faster than waiting for a boat or walking. Thanks!

Did I read on this thread that there was going to be a shuttle between POFQ and POR during the pool closure at POFQ? I like this idea if it would be faster than waiting for a boat or walking. Thanks!
I don't know where you read it but yes it's true.

But would it be faster than walking? First you get to the front of the lobby, wait fr and get on the bus, traverse the bus road, get dropped off out front of pofq, and walk to the pool.

From my memory, the path from POR comes out right at the pofq pool which seems easier. To me, at least.

I very much doubt it, the river bank pathway is not actually a long walk at all. However the bus might be warmer.

Andre

Lol, depending on the outside air temperature the bus might be a lot colder! We've never been to WDW during the hot weather but have been many times with temperatures in the 70's and 80's. I freeze in the super air conditioned buses.

Thanks for all the responses regarding POFQ vs POR Royal room. We're going to call to see if there is a big savings going to POFQ over the Royal room and decide based on decision by the inlaws (regarding walking distance from RR to bus/lobby/pool).
Regardless of which we end up in they both look like great resorts.

Although they are "sister" resorts, French Quarter and Riverside are in my opinion very different in atmosphere. I love the wide-open feel of Riverside, the many trees and wonderful landscaping, the river, and the smaller water features among the many walkways and foot bridges. It is a very pretty, serene resort. And my view is that the Riverside Mill is the nicest food court at Disney. I have stated at Riverside (formerly Dixie Landings) many times, and altough I have never stayed at French Quarter I have visited it several times while staying at Riverside.

Hi planning a trip to pofq so excited, my only draw back is the bussing. I've heard with all the stops it could take an hr to get to a park is this true?

Hi planning a trip to pofq so excited, my only draw back is the bussing. I've heard with all the stops it could take an hr to get to a park is this true?

POFQ has only one bus stop. Some buses may share with Riverside, but even then it only adds about 12-15 minutes to the journey time.

Andre

Behind in the times and just found out the pool is going to be closed when we are there in Feb! That is the reason why we picked this one over POR. Now we are out of the discount window so we can't switch to POR. I know first world problems but choosing FQ was based on her getting to swim in the pool. Life will go on but going to have a slightly disappointed girl when we break the news to her.

Behind in the times and just found out the pool is going to be closed when we are there in Feb! That is the reason why we picked this one over POR. Now we are out of the discount window so we can't switch to POR. I know first world problems but choosing FQ was based on her getting to swim in the pool. Life will go on but going to have a slightly disappointed girl when we break the news to her.

You can still swim at POR! That's what we plan to do.

POFQ has only one stop. Some of the buses are shared with POR (4 stops) and that will add 8-12 minutes tops to your total ride time. We never took longer than 20 minutes to get to MK, EPCOT and DHS and around 30 minutes to AK.

POFQ is well known for having the best bus service of all hotels and I totally agree with that.

You can use the pols at POR. Not that long a walk and my grandkids really preferred their big pool. My son also used their quiet pools at night.

Just 25 days till I am "home". I have not been since Nov. 2011, and miss this place so much. :flower3:

Mildly bummed about the pool, but it gives me an excuse to mosey on over to Riverside, which I have never done.

Sure hope the pool reopens on time because we arrive on March 1. Can't wait to get back to POFQ.

I have looked at the menu for the food court on the official website and also looked at the menu posted on allearsnet.com and neither one has regular breakfast cereal as an option to buy. I have looked at POR menu and they show that you can buy a variety of Kelloggs cereals with milk.

So, does anyone know for sure? My DD is not a big breakfast eater but she will eat cereal, Frosted Flakes. It looks like I will not be able to get her this at PORFQ's food court but will have to trek over to POR's food court or just find something else for her to eat.

Am I correct?

I just added a night to our stay since it would have been $80 more per person (3 of us) to fly on Saturday morning vs. Friday late afternoon. The cost of the room for an extra night is just about equal the the extra cost of the flight. I've never arrived later than noon and now we'll be arriving at POFQ at around 10 p.m., and probably kind of hungry. What, if anything, is available at the food court at that time other than packaged snacks or bakery items? Any sandwiches?

Very excited to not have to wake up at 3 a.m. for a 6 a.m. flight this time! :banana: And we won't be exhausted for the entire first day of our vacation for a change! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter