Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Hippy Dippy pool is under a refurb do one of the quiet pools become active with music and activities?

The Activities Program will continue during the Refurb from what we were told by Activities Program Staff.

It "may" not be at Bowling or Computer-we were told they would have room in the area between Classic Hall and Hippy Dippy to do it there-a final decision may not have been made yet.

The Movies will almost certainly be at the "Green"(the grassy area outside Classic Hall by Building 5) where Movies have been shown for periods of time in the past.

If I read correctly, Hippy Dippy pool is scheduled for rehab Sep 2020..we are planning a big group visit mid August and that may be a deal breaker for us for PoP. Is Disney usually firm if they say start date will be September?

If I read correctly, Hippy Dippy pool is scheduled for rehab Sep 2020..we are planning a big group visit mid August and that may be a deal breaker for us for PoP. Is Disney usually firm if they say start date will be September?
Last I heard the Hippy Dippy Pool is being refurbed in early 2020 through spring of 2020. The AOA pool is being refurbed Sep 2020

If you check out reservations for September 2020 it mentions that the Hippy Dippy Pool will be closed beginning Winter 2020. We’re booked for September 20-26, 2020 and now I’m curious as to just what those dates are. If it means this coming winter then why would it be mentioned in September?

Ok, so I entered several 2020 dates as well as dates later this year and it mentions it every time. So no help whatsoever.

I assume Winter 2020 means January 2020. I think it is an automatic thing added to any upcoming reservation regardless of if it will affect you during your stay.

I assume Winter 2020 means January 2020. I think it is an automatic thing added to any upcoming reservation regardless of if it will affect you during your stay.
It’s very confusing having it listed constantly but considering Disney’s IT, it doesn’t surprise me.

There has not been an official end date to the refurbishment announced. The refurbishment is scheduled to begin 'Winter 2020' which we anticipate to mean early in 2020. Other than that, Disney has not announced an official beginning or end date.

I sure hope it’s done by September. I’m beginning to think maybe we should move resorts.
Only you really know if this is a 'deal breaker' for you and your party. We don't anticipate it will take until September but that is only a guess on our part as nothing official has been announced about what is being done or how long they anticipate it taking.

Only you really know if this is a 'deal breaker' for you and your party. We don't anticipate it will take until September but that is only a guess on our part as nothing official has been announced about what is being done or how long they anticipate it taking.
I checked out a bunch of other resources and they all say January-March 2020, so I’m feeling better now. :earsboy:

There has not been an official end date to the refurbishment announced. The refurbishment is scheduled to begin 'Winter 2020' which we anticipate to mean early in 2020. Other than that, Disney has not announced an official beginning or end date.

View attachment 423970

I’m booked for late January 2020 and was notified by Disney that the pool will be under refurb. I assume it will begin just after the holidays. I’m hoping for a delay for my polar bear wannabe kids.

So, what do they mean, when they say "landscape view" for a preferred room reservation? I thought "lake view" used to be an option, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Not a pool and not a parking lot. As a PP said, Lake View is usually Standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter