Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a PPO you can generally get there via bus, since the buses run starting an hour or so before park opening anyway. But if you want to be sure to get there early you can always try uber/lyft (Minnie vans count as Lyft, I believe), which are usually pretty prompt since there's so many drivers in/around WDW at all times.

But Uber/Lyft do not drop at the MK entrance.

But Uber/Lyft do not drop at the MK entrance.

I think a lot of people take ridesharing to/from Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary and then walk to MK, rather than getting dropped off at TTC.

04d04a012f5b3f025be155127476d675.jpg

It is a farther walk than the Pop bus stop though (bottom row, second from left).

Buses currently, and have for the last umpteen years, run starting around 6:30 AM daily.

Yep. We were at the bus stops at 6:30 a.m. on a trip a few years ago for a non-EMH MK 8:00 a.m. opening and as we walked to the bus stops (at about 6:25) we noticed an MK bus was already departing and a DHS bus was loading already. We waited about 10 more minutes for the next MK bus. And the "live" bus time arrivals started on the MDE app during our last trip and I watched those every morning and routinely saw buses arriving around 6:15-6:30 a.m.

To request or not, that is the question. I would like to request a quiet room with a shower only, we are in preferred. But our flight arrives at 10:30 am and we would love for the room to be ready on arrival. The last 2 trips I faxed in requests and they were not available, so should I send in a fax or just do online check in and request at the desk when arriving?
I would just go to check-in when you arrive and ask.

To request or not, that is the question. I would like to request a quiet room with a shower only, we are in preferred. But our flight arrives at 10:30 am and we would love for the room to be ready on arrival. The last 2 trips I faxed in requests and they were not available, so should I send in a fax or just do online check in and request at the desk when arriving?

The only glitch is “quiet” is pretty much dependent on your neighbors and therefore super hard for them to know. A room that had really quiet people around it one day could have a family with screaming triplet toddlers (just going for worst-case there...) move in next door the next day.

When the Hippy Dippy pool is under a refurb do one of the quiet pools become active with music and activities?

When the Hippy Dippy pool is under a refurb do one of the quiet pools become active with music and activities?

When we've stayed at other resorts when the Main Feature Pool was closed, they did not move the games etc to any of the leisure pools.

Yep. We were at the bus stops at 6:30 a.m. on a trip a few years ago for a non-EMH MK 8:00 a.m. opening and as we walked to the bus stops (at about 6:25) we noticed an MK bus was already departing and a DHS bus was loading already. We waited about 10 more minutes for the next MK bus. And the "live" bus time arrivals started on the MDE app during our last trip and I watched those every morning and routinely saw buses arriving around 6:15-6:30 a.m.

How long before you arrive at MK boarding a bus around 6:15/6:30?

There are buses that r un early to the parks before park opening. They don't always run frequently. It's transportation for prepark dining reservarptions, but anyone can ride them. You just won't gain entrance till park opening. A rough estimate would be 45 minutes before the earliest dining reservation.

Disney however has been pushing the Minnie van" service, instead of the bus service.

When we've stayed at other resorts when the Main Feature Pool was closed, they did not move the games etc to any of the leisure pools.

That’s very disappointing to hear. Got a steal of a deal for January for POP but was hoping there’d be activity at the pool for my kids who are future polar bear club members.

Building 2 isn’t preferred. 1,3,4,5,6 and 10 have preferred rooms. There is no pool by 6 and 10 though. So since Hippy Dippy will be closed, you’re looking at 1 or 3 to be nearest both the Main building and the bowling pin pool. Building 3 for a lake view.
Are lake view and landscape view synonymous? I assume so, just want to be sure as we prefer the outside of the buildings rather than rooms facing the pool/courtyard areas between the buildings. Does that make sense?

Are lake view and landscape view synonymous? I assume so, just want to be sure as we prefer the outside of the buildings rather than rooms facing the pool/courtyard areas between the buildings. Does that make sense?
Preferred rooms are closer to the Main building, but not overlooking a pool. Not necessarily lake view either. You would probably have a better chance with a lake view with just a standard room plus it would be cheaper. You might have to walk a little further but it’s not that bad of a walk no matter where your room is located.

Preferred rooms are closer to the Main building, but not overlooking a pool. Not necessarily lake view either. You would probably have a better chance with a lake view with just a standard room plus it would be cheaper. You might have to walk a little further but it’s not that bad of a walk no matter where your room is located.
So, what do they mean, when they say "landscape view" for a preferred room reservation? I thought "lake view" used to be an option, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

How long before you arrive at MK boarding a bus around 6:15/6:30?
It's a 17-19 minute ride.
And that's why time of day or night, not just the first morning bus ;)
So, what do they mean, when they say "landscape view" for a preferred room reservation? I thought "lake view" used to be an option, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
Lake view was, and might still be, on the drop-down request menu - but it's never been a booking category.

Quite a few people on the Guest Experiences With Daily Room Checks Thread have had it happen.

Oh, I know you can have mousekeeping and still get room checks, but I figure opting out of mousekeeping will guarantee that you get room checks. :) And I just figured there was a higher chance of room checks happening during our afternoon rest time than mousekeeping happening during our afternoon rest time. Just trying to tip the odds slightly in our favor towards having our quiet time stay somewhat quiet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter