Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what they have now.View attachment 425386

I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would, but the pump wasn't very satisfactory for me. It took a lot of effort to get enough to work with my thick hair. I was glad I had brought my own shampoo/conditioner along just to save myself the hassle. I'm considering just using the H2O stuff for our quick trip this coming weekend though.

I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would, but the pump wasn't very satisfactory for me. It took a lot of effort to get enough to work with my thick hair. I was glad I had brought my own shampoo/conditioner along just to save myself the hassle. I'm considering just using the H2O stuff for our quick trip this coming weekend though.
Yes! I thought the pump was so stingy with dispensing product! 😄

We are often being asked if an inflatable mattress will fit in the refurbished rooms at Pop. Friends are there now and this is a picture of their twin sized inflatable mattress in the room. On the left of the picture is the coffee/fridge stand and on the right you can see how it fits between the angled door and the pulled down bed. Hope this is helpful to many!
View attachment 425333

I understand some people do what they have to do and a fire is a highly unlikely scenario, but I just want to say blocking the only exterior doorway at a hotel room is not something I would do myself.

I understand some people do what they have to do and a fire is a highly unlikely scenario, but I just want to say blocking the only exterior doorway at a hotel room is not something I would do myself.
While I respect this, there are many, many people who ask on this board about an inflatable mattress fitting in the room. I'm not a fan of blocking the door but this could easily be tossed out of the way in a second if need be.

That makes sense!

Standard pool view rooms are only located in the 50's section (3 sections that face directly onto the Bowling Pin pool) and in the 80's/90's sections (the 3 sections that face directly onto the Computer Pool)

I believe the OP used 'reserved' when she really means she 'requested' a room in the 80's section and is wondering if she should change her request to the 50's section.

You are correct that we cannot 'reserve' room locations, room locations can only be 'requested'.

This map may help those wondering about where certain room types are located within Pop Century. In this case, the OP has a room reserved in the areas indicated with the green lines.

View attachment 425065

OP here: I didn't realize my inadvertent use of the word 'reserved' verses 'requested' would create such confusion. Apparently, I am not as sophisticated in Disney-speak as some of you more active members. Thank you for clarifying my 'misspeak'. (Did I just do it again with calling something in print 'misspeak'?) :upsidedow

My reservation is for a Standard Pool View room in the 80s or 50s section (as dictated by the Sun and Fun promotion available when I booked.), and I requested a room in the 80s section, top floor. Today, I decide to change my request to the 50s section thanks to all of your helpful input. I followed up with a call to Disney to see if I could change to a Standard Room (I'd prefer a view of a garden and thought maybe someone with kids would prefer to be closer to the pool.) Nothing was available BUT the kind Cast Member noted on my reservation that I would prefer a 50s section garden view, top floor room in a quieter area. If it doesn't work out, nothing's lost. After all, I'll be spending a week in the most Magical Place on Earth. :earsgirl:

I hardly think an inflatable mattress would be an issue in a fire. It’s not like it’s a solid heavy piece of furniture. The door can still be opened into it if necessary or it can be easily moved. I wouldn’t worry about it.

While I respect this, there are many, many people who ask on this board about an inflatable mattress fitting in the room. I'm not a fan of blocking the door but this could easily be tossed out of the way in a second if need be.

I agree -- I'm also not a fan of blocking a door, but I'm confident that the door can still easily be opened even with the mattress in front of it. The mattress will move with the door or collapse/crunch as the door pushes against it. If your friends are still there, maybe they could try opening the door with the mattress there and take a picture of what happens. I wouldn't put a regular mattress there, but an air mattress wouldn't make me nervous.

Thanks for posting the picture. It's the best picture I've seen of an air mattress in the new rooms. The other pictures have always been at a weird angle and/or too dark to see the details. This one is great!

I hardly think an inflatable mattress would be an issue in a fire. It’s not like it’s a solid heavy piece of furniture. The door can still be opened into it if necessary or it can be easily moved. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Maybe my air mattress gets firmer than most, but the one I have in that scenario would wedge up against the fridge and wouldn't deform to allow the door to open wide enough, especially if someone was still on it, unless you physically took the time to lift it up.

Just saying I wouldn't do it; hopefully anyone who chooses to has considered it and made their own informed decision.

Maybe my air mattress gets firmer than most, but the one I have in that scenario would wedge up against the fridge and wouldn't deform to allow the door to open wide enough, especially if someone was still on it, unless you physically took the time to lift it up.

Just saying I wouldn't do it; hopefully anyone who chooses to has considered it and made their own informed decision.
Just a question but why would you need to move the mattress from outside the room with someone on the mattress?

Just a question but why would you need to move the mattress from outside the room with someone on the mattress?

Not to get too far in hypothetical land (what would actually cause a fire at Pop? I don't think there's too many people bringing hot plates to a hotel room) but the scenario is there's a fire, there's smoke, it's the middle of the night, and whoever's on the mattress is either not awake or passed out from the smoke, while other people in the room are trying to get out.

Not that any of that is likely to happen; it's a question of best practices.

Not to get too far in hypothetical land (what would actually cause a fire at Pop? I don't think there's too many people bringing hot plates to a hotel room) but the scenario is there's a fire, there's smoke, it's the middle of the night, and whoever's on the mattress is either not awake or passed out from the smoke, while other people in the room are trying to get out.

You would be surprised, might want to peruse the Budget Board sometimes. :rolleyes1

Edited to add.. I might have just been around too long though.

I'm guessing that person on the mattress is going to wake up from the screaming and fire alarms in the room. And if they don't, it should take approximately 1 second for the other room occupants to dump them off the mattress and drag them out the door with them.

I'm an overthinker/worrier and so I get where you're coming from and while I'm guessing it's probably technically against the fire code to block the door with an air mattress, I think (even in my overthinking head) it's an extremely low, almost non-existent, risk to do it. Now, my engineering husband might disagree with that thinking. :D

I'm guessing that person on the mattress is going to wake up from the screaming and fire alarms in the room. And if they don't, it should take approximately 1 second for the other room occupants to dump them off the mattress and drag them out the door with them.

I'm an overthinker/worrier and so I get where you're coming from and while I'm guessing it's probably technically against the fire code to block the door with an air mattress, I think (even in my overthinking head) it's an extremely low, almost non-existent, risk to do it. Now, my engineering husband might disagree with that thinking. :D
Agreed. I think the risk of using the air mattress is probably less than the risk of getting injured on the dumbo ride

View attachment 424936

We’re here now. Here’s a picture of the ports on the back of the TV!

I will add that the menu button on the remote doesn't bring anything up, at least on the tv I had this past weekend. It's the same ssamsung remote as mine so I know how to set sleep etc and it wasn't an option. I thought I had done it in nov but maybe it was pre refurb. I didn't try the source button because I didn't have reason to but wanted to give a heads up. Smart hub also didn't work. I'd wanted to pair my phone to the tv but just realized this tv should have done it without needing to access the menu, it's our lg that you have to access thr menu. Hopefully it works since I know people bring stuff to hook up.

I will add that the menu button on the remote doesn't bring anything up, at least on the tv I had this past weekend. It's the same ssamsung remote as mine so I know how to set sleep etc and it wasn't an option. I thought I had done it in nov but maybe it was pre refurb. I didn't try the source button because I didn't have reason to but wanted to give a heads up. Smart hub also didn't work. I'd wanted to pair my phone to the tv but just realized this tv should have done it without needing to access the menu, it's our lg that you have to access thr menu. Hopefully it works since I know people bring stuff to hook up.

I have to wonder if people connecting and disconnecting stuff messes up the remotes because across the board at Disney I have had some TVs that would let me set a sleep timer and others that would not - same make and model.

Update on this: my kids are playing on the Switch on the tv at this very moment during our afternoon break. :) DS12 hooked it up and used the source button.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter