Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m booked for late January 2020 and was notified by Disney that the pool will be under refurb. I assume it will begin just after the holidays. I’m hoping for a delay for my polar bear wannabe kids.
Understanding the shape and central location, what would prevent the from using the bowling pin pool of the computer pool?

Preferred rooms are closer to the Main building, but not overlooking a pool. Not necessarily lake view either. You would probably have a better chance with a lake view with just a standard room plus it would be cheaper. You might have to walk a little further but it’s not that bad of a walk no matter where your room is located.

This is pretty cool! This is our first say at POP and we did a standard room because we will only be there 3 days and don't need a preferred. I didn't realize that a Standard Room could potentially get you a Lake View. Will have to request that and see what happens!

This is pretty cool! This is our first say at POP and we did a standard room because we will only be there 3 days and don't need a preferred. I didn't realize that a Standard Room could potentially get you a Lake View. Will have to request that and see what happens!
We stayed there 2 weeks ago and requested a standard room in the 50's section to get a lake view. We got top floor with a lake view. Just what we wanted so we could watch the Skyliner testing.

We stayed there 2 weeks ago and requested a standard room in the 50's section to get a lake view. We got top floor with a lake view. Just what we wanted so we could watch the Skyliner testing.

Seeing the Skyliner is something we are hoping to do as well! Did you do a request through the app with online check-in or through Touring Plans?

I'm second-guessing my 80s section, Standard Pool View reservation for late September. On MDE, my other available option is the 50s section. I want something that is both quiet and (preferably) convenient. I believe I chose Standard Pool View because it was the least expensive option when I booked in January: I don't want to upgrade due to an increase in cost. Top floor is my preference.

Would the 50s section be a better fit for me? Suggestions and any additional helpful information is most welcome.

Thank you in advance.

I'm second-guessing my 80s section, Standard Pool View reservation for late September. On MDE, my other available option is the 50s section. I want something that is both quiet and (preferably) convenient. I believe I chose Standard Pool View because it was the least expensive option when I booked in January: I don't want to upgrade due to an increase in cost. Top floor is my preference.

Would the 50s section be a better fit for me? Suggestions and any additional helpful information is most welcome.

Thank you in advance.
The 50's section is a little closer to Classic Hall and depending on how 'late September' you are, it is definitely closer to the Skyliner. Personally, I would choose the 50's section, especially if you will be relying on Disney transportation to get around. If you're driving to the parks it's not as much of a difference.

Seeing the Skyliner is something we are hoping to do as well! Did you do a request through the app with online check-in or through Touring Plans?
We requested through the app and we were pleased to get it.

Thank you in advance.
We have stayed in the 50's section the last 2 years and we love it. Short walk to the busses and Classic Hall. Very short walk to the Skyliner, as pointed out by another poster, if you are there after it has opened. Last year we had third floor and didn't have any noise issues but this year we got the top floor and loved it.

The 50's section is a little closer to Classic Hall and depending on how 'late September' you are, it is definitely closer to the Skyliner. Personally, I would choose the 50's section, especially if you will be relying on Disney transportation to get around. If you're driving to the parks it's not as much of a difference.

Wouldn’t 50s or 80s be a request? I didn’t think you reserved specific buildings outside of “prefered” or “standard” and the “pool view” variations if applicable.

Wouldn’t 50s or 80s be a request? I didn’t think you reserved specific buildings outside of “prefered” or “standard” and the “pool view” variations if applicable.

Sorry, I'm not sure where you're seeing from my response that a specific building can be requested?

There are 4 category of room bookings at Pop. Each increasing in price a little in the following order:
1. Standard
2. Standard Pool View
3. Preferred
4. Preferred Pool View

Sorry, I'm not sure where you're seeing from my response that a specific building can be requested?

There are 4 category of room bookings at Pop. Each increasing in price a little in the following order:
1. Standard
2. Standard Pool View
3. Preferred
4. Preferred Pool View

I know the types.

I was just confused by the question about 80s vs 50s. I guess I should have quoted the poster who asked the question as the question read to me that she thought she had reserved 80s and was wondering if she should change to a reservation in the 50s. I do not do pools or pool view, so I do not know if both 80s and 50s have those rooms.

I was just confused, based on how I read the question (and subsequently your follow up) as if a certain section was reserved - as opposed to a room type.

I know the types.

I was just confused by the question about 80s vs 50s. I guess I should have quoted the poster who asked the question as the question read to me that she thought she had reserved 80s and was wondering if she should change to a reservation in the 50s. I do not do pools or pool view, so I do not know if both 80s and 50s have those rooms.

I was just confused, based on how I read the question (and subsequently your follow up) as if a certain section was reserved - as opposed to a room type.
That makes sense!

Standard pool view rooms are only located in the 50's section (3 sections that face directly onto the Bowling Pin pool) and in the 80's/90's sections (the 3 sections that face directly onto the Computer Pool)

I believe the OP used 'reserved' when she really means she 'requested' a room in the 80's section and is wondering if she should change her request to the 50's section.

You are correct that we cannot 'reserve' room locations, room locations can only be 'requested'.

This map may help those wondering about where certain room types are located within Pop Century. In this case, the OP has a room reserved in the areas indicated with the green lines.

That makes sense!

Standard pool view rooms are only located in the 50's section (3 sections that face directly onto the Bowling Pin pool) and in the 80's/90's sections (the 3 sections that face directly onto the Computer Pool)

I believe the OP used 'reserved' when she really means she 'requested' a room in the 80's section and is wondering if she should change her request to the 50's section.

You are correct that we cannot 'reserve' room locations, room locations can only be 'requested'.

This map may help those wondering about where certain room types are located within Pop Century. In this case, the OP has a room reserved in the areas indicated with the green lines.

View attachment 425065

Thanks!

Thank you in advance.
I would book standard view and request the 50’s over standard pool view in the 80’s. That’s just my preference.

We are often being asked if an inflatable mattress will fit in the refurbished rooms at Pop. Friends are there now and this is a picture of their twin sized inflatable mattress in the room. On the left of the picture is the coffee/fridge stand and on the right you can see how it fits between the angled door and the pulled down bed. Hope this is helpful to many!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter