• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we found out today that apparently we can’t opt out of housekeeping since we booked through a TA. I wasn’t sure if anyone else knew this but we didn’t know that going in. It’s not a big deal but the gift cards would’ve been nice, plus we didn’t get housekeeping today.
Did you book one of the 'group' hotel discounts by chance? I've read that you can't always get the housekeeping GC when you book the group discount. I've never heard this problem just for booking with a TA, but the group discount could be the culprit..... We've been initially declined (when we book a group discount), but we've always gotten it after speaking to a manager.

That must be very new. Friends of ours checked in Monday, opted out of housekeeping no problem and booked through a TA. I find it very odd that they would not let you opt out for that reason.
I’m not sure what happened. All I know is the guy said only Disney TA’s are able to offer the opting out.

Did you book one of the 'group' hotel discounts by chance? I've read that you can't always get the housekeeping GC when you book the group discount. I've never heard this problem just for booking with a TA, but the group discount could be the culprit..... We've been initially declined (when we book a group discount), but we've always gotten it after speaking to a manager.
I don’t think so, but I’m not sure. We just used a magical rate through a TA.

Our friends used the same. So definitely a very new change.
I'm wondering if it depends on the cast member? We booked a magical rate last February. We asked about the gift card at check-in, and the cast member on duty said no, because we had booked a group rate. We explained that we've been able to get it in the past with the magical deal, so she went to get a manager. The manager listened to us, and said that it's generally not the policy, but he gave it to us anyway.

That must be very new. Friends of ours checked in Monday, opted out of housekeeping no problem and booked through a TA. I find it very odd that they would not let you opt out for that reason.
When I booked with a TA in January that got rooms in convention blocks, they told me we weren't eligible to opt out of housekeeping because of it.

Can I please just say WORST. NEIGHBORS. EVER.

I’m really hoping our neighbors at bc are a little more respectful. I have gone out both mornings to tell the people next door politely that we are trying to sleep. Yesterday it was them constantly letting their door shut on the lock. I mean it had to have happened at least 30 times. This morning their child was constantly running up and down the hall screaming for a good 30 minutes until I finally went out and said that we were trying to sleep. This was one of the only days we were going to get to sleep in since we have the party tonight.

I don’t understand some people.....

I’m really hoping our neighbors at bc are a little more respectful. I have gone out both mornings to tell the people next door politely that we are trying to sleep. Yesterday it was them constantly letting their door shut on the lock. I mean it had to have happened at least 30 times. This morning their child was constantly running up and down the hall screaming for a good 30 minutes until I finally went out and said that we were trying to sleep.

I hope so too as what you described is even worse with the interior hallways.

It never ceases to amaze my how disrespectful some people can be!! They are in a hotel with many guests, all on different schedules. You posted here before 8am so it's not like you were asking them to be quiet in the middle of the day! (Even then, common courtesy applies). Sorry this happened but glad you addressed it too.

I’m really hoping our neighbors at bc are a little more respectful. I have gone out both mornings to tell the people next door politely that we are trying to sleep. Yesterday it was them constantly letting their door shut on the lock. I mean it had to have happened at least 30 times. This morning their child was constantly running up and down the hall screaming for a good 30 minutes until I finally went out and said that we were trying to sleep. This was one of the only days we were going to get to sleep in since we have the party tonight.

I don’t understand some people.....

When we were there in August I could hear the conversation of the people next door to us on the side where the room connects. I don't think they were being unusually loud either just the usual blah blah convo before heading out in the morning or when they got back at night. Had they actually been loud then yikes I can only imagine. I had to use an app on my phone to play a white noise at full volume or otherwise I couldn't have slept in at all in the morning. I saw someone mention that you can request a box fan from housekeeping too.

It never ceases to amaze my how disrespectful some people can be!! They are in a hotel with many guests, all on different schedules. You posted here before 8am so it's not like you were asking them to be quiet in the middle of the day! (Even then, common courtesy applies). Sorry this happened but glad you addressed it too.
I think both days we were woken up around 7 and today we were going to get to sleep until 10. Luckily we were able to sleep after they left for a little bit. It didn’t change much after I talked to them. We just had to wait for them to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter