• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were there in August I could hear the conversation of the people next door to us on the side where the room connects. I don't think they were being unusually loud either just the usual blah blah convo before heading out in the morning or when they got back at night. Had they actually been loud then yikes I can only imagine. I had to use an app on my phone to play a white noise at full volume or otherwise I couldn't have slept in at all in the morning. I saw someone mention that you can request a box fan from housekeeping too.
We have a connecting door and at first I heard people talking (this is different neighbors) and I stuck shirts in the crack under the door. They either were quiet after I did that or it actually worked. I normally use a box fan sound on YouTube but my phone is now an iPhone 8 and they don’t think it makes sense to listen to music and charge your phone at the same time lol

I have seen a few posts on the difficulty of getting scooters in and out of the rooms since the renovations. Has anyone tried to have two scooters in a room? I am not comfortable leaving one outside of the room but I am worrying about them fitting. We love Pop, but feel like we are going to have to upgrade to a moderate because of this. Most people would be happy about upgrading, but we are really torn about it. None of the moderates "feel" Disney to me, although POFQ at least has Princess and the Frog shower curtains...

The two new ramps are from Osceola Parkway at the intersection with Victory Way. We drove that way several times last week, and the entire interchange is impressive. Will greatly facilitate traffic in all directions there.

Thank you, CarolynFH. I found a map showing the newer entrance and exit of the DHS park.

qiuergtuy38940-624x351.jpg

Got back from 14 nights at Pop Century in room 6410, next time will ask for ground floor room. Having said that the room was great clean and roomy with the Murphy bed left up. I didn't hear much noise only once did I hear anything from the other rooms. The place was so much better than the last time I stayed and would definitely stay there again.

Thank you, CarolynFH. I found a map showing the newer entrance and exit of the DHS park.

qiuergtuy38940-624x351.jpg

Yes, I just saw on the DIS news that it’s going to open in two weeks (November 8)! That was a surprise to me because it seems that there’s a lot of work left to do on the interchange. However, the Osceola Pkwy. through lanes seem to be the least complete, so I suppose they’re able to finish the new DHS entrance lane and keep traffic diverted from the main lanes (as they currently are) while they finish them.

Just got back from another 4 night stay at Pop Century. I can't emphasize enough how the room makeovers have improved the overall experience. I have stayed at Pop more than any other resort but it was always because it was more affordable. The updated rooms are just so impressive though. The beds and pillows are so much more comfortable and the space and storage is so convenient. And everything just looks so clean and crisp. I'm not even a fan of the contemporary style of the fixtures and such, but it really works very well.

Also wanted to mention that wow, the issue of the HS bus stop does not seem to be over exaggerated. Well maybe it wasn't a 20 minute walk as at least one poster mentioned, but it feels very far. And on hot pavement in the sun with fencing blocking some of the breeze it was an exhausting walk each way. If you have your car I'd drive to HS for now.

Question about walking paths to the bus stop from your room ... can you walk through the middle of the hub, if that makes sense? I've never been before just looking at the aerial map. And do you walk through the lobby to get to the bus stop?

Question about walking paths to the bus stop from your room ... can you walk through the middle of the hub, if that makes sense? I've never been before just looking at the aerial map. And do you walk through the lobby to get to the bus stop?
it will depend on where you room is. I will say the majority of the time we walk through Classic Hall to get to/from the buses.

What about from your room? Can you walk through the hub/middle of the building or do you have to go to the end?

If you're referring to Classic Hall, yes you can walk through the middle of it to get from the bus stops to the rest of the resort (even if the food court/gift shop is closed).

I have seen a few posts on the difficulty of getting scooters in and out of the rooms since the renovations. Has anyone tried to have two scooters in a room? I am not comfortable leaving one outside of the room but I am worrying about them fitting. We love Pop, but feel like we are going to have to upgrade to a moderate because of this. Most people would be happy about upgrading, but we are really torn about it. None of the moderates "feel" Disney to me, although POFQ at least has Princess and the Frog shower curtains...

I don't see how you could get two regular size scooters in the Pop room if you have the murphy bed down for someone to sleep on. Perhaps it's possible with the bed up to drive one over to the corner (where the connecting door would be for example). I think I tried that and for some reason decided it wouldn't work but I can't remember lol! I think the tight space for scooters is the reason that people are parking their scooters outside (it was usually 2 scooters together). I saw them parked in the T area near the elevator but I think someone had one parked outside of their room between the doors because there was a plug there. With 3 of us in the room and the scooter it was still fine but in all honestly as much as I love the new Pop rooms, I'd prefer more space. I can see especially if someone has a mobility issue already that trying to squeeze your way around scooters is not easy or even doable for some. Plus you don't ever want to block the door in case there was an emergency and you needed to get out.

It's a good question - what if you rent the room and show up with 2 scooters and you can't get them to fit? Would the hotel let you leave one with the bell services overnight and they would plug it in for you? I'm just brainstorming here....

We were in room 8344 with two queen beds and a bath tub. We just checked out this morning and had our luggage shipped to the bc. Our stay would've been much better without the neighbors next door. We didn’t hear noise from anyone else. I slept through it this morning but Dh said he heard them slamming the door again on their lock. Obviously I won’t complain to the hotel because that’s not really in their control.

We still love the pop rooms but will probably not stay again for awhile since we like to try new resorts and the all stars are getting renovated. It was really nice to have that second bed up though since there were only two of us.

I am headed to Florida for a conference, unfortunately it's not at Disney.

I would like to add some days to the end of my conference and was thinking about staying at POP. The resort looks huge, so I would try for a preferred pool view room. That location looks to be very convenient to lobby, bus stop and the pool.

It will just be me, so I do not care about the size of the room. The new renovated rooms look great! I am more concerned about the room location VS the lobby and bus stops.

Where is your favorite location?

How is the bus service?

I am headed to Florida for a conference, unfortunately it's not at Disney.

I would like to add some days to the end of my conference and was thinking about staying at POP. The resort looks huge, so I would try for a preferred pool view room. That location looks to be very convenient to lobby, bus stop and the pool.

It will just be me, so I do not care about the size of the room. The new renovated rooms look great! I am more concerned about the room location VS the lobby and bus stops.

Where is your favorite location?

How is the bus service?
When is your conference? I would check availability first as many dates the resort is already completely booked if it’s anytime this year.

I don't see how you could get two regular size scooters in the Pop room if you have the murphy bed down for someone to sleep on. Perhaps it's possible with the bed up to drive one over to the corner (where the connecting door would be for example). I think I tried that and for some reason decided it wouldn't work but I can't remember lol! I think the tight space for scooters is the reason that people are parking their scooters outside (it was usually 2 scooters together). I saw them parked in the T area near the elevator but I think someone had one parked outside of their room between the doors because there was a plug there. With 3 of us in the room and the scooter it was still fine but in all honestly as much as I love the new Pop rooms, I'd prefer more space. I can see especially if someone has a mobility issue already that trying to squeeze your way around scooters is not easy or even doable for some. Plus you don't ever want to block the door in case there was an emergency and you needed to get out.

It's a good question - what if you rent the room and show up with 2 scooters and you can't get them to fit? Would the hotel let you leave one with the bell services overnight and they would plug it in for you? I'm just brainstorming here....

Thank you. As much as I hate to leave Pop, I guess we are going to have to go to POFQ--that looks like the Mod with the least bus issues for 2 scooters since it only has one bus stop. I'm going to miss Baloo. :(

We are hoping to be early for Rope Drop on an 8:00 EMH day at AK. What time do the earliest buses start arriving at Pop? Wondering if I need to plan on an Uber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter