Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here now so even though I was told they probably wouldn't get any more until Halloween if then, I will check again tomorrow and I'll be over at the Poly and I will check there too. They are cute and I would like to have one but not going out of my way to search. Doesn't seem very crowded here today.

0ED74C78-08A5-499A-ACB5-161739A867C4.jpeg I saw five Monday night around 11pm and they were all gone the next morning when we were getting breakfast. We left that day but I’m assuming that was the last of the stock they had.

I just booked a preferred room for February. First time at this resort. Can anyone suggest a good section to request? Somewhere quiet would be nice.

Hi everyone, we added a couple days to upcoming trip and will be there next Saturday evening. A couple questions...

1. I think I am going to request 1st floor 60’s lake view for easy access to AOA for walking and options for bus and food court. The walk is approximately how long from these rooms? These are standard view rooms?

2. The coffee in the room, is there at least 2 pods (with caffeine)available for the 1st morning along with some type of creamer that is not dry?

3. Can you do hot water in the coffee maker for tea?

4. Does the food court have chobani yogurt?

TIA

Last edited:

Hi everyone, we added a couple days to upcoming trip and will be there next Saturday evening. A couple questions...

1. I think I am going to request 1st floor 60’s lake view for easy access to AOA for walking and options for bus and food court. The walk is approximately how long from these rooms? These are standard view rooms?

1. Maybe five minutes at the most. Yes, standard! Best location at Pop, IMO. :)

Stayed at Pop last week in 6144/6145. These are connecting rooms. 6144 has a shower 6145 has a tub. The funny thing was I'd spent lots of time with Touring Plans room finder and debated using them for my room requests. If I'd used them, these are the rooms I would've requested! They are also 1st floor, lake view. It was a quiet location. Only people in rooms beyond us wandered by as anyone else would've already passed the elevators to get to this part of the building. The lake view did not include a view of the gondola construction. There's also no pool in the 70s section, so I think that also keeps it quieter. I didn't experience any downside being on the 1st floor (no critters, no flooding, no people walking above us) and the first floor was very convenient for the scooter.

I had previously stayed at Pop in 2013 and hated it! The renovated rooms are a huge improvement! I happen to like a clean, modern look so the renovation is very much a fit for what I like. I thought there's enough wood tone in the room to keep it warm and the white does give it a clean, fresh feel. A bit more color pop would probably be good. The new TV is gorgeous. I did not notice bus times on the TV -- park hours but not bus times. Loved all the pillows!

With both beds down, it felt a bit cramped. After I figured out how to put the scooter into neutral, it was easier to get it in front of the window. But had to be careful opening the door to not bump into it. I did find myself being very careful moving around the room since I bruise quite easily and the space between the beds was very tight. Lots and lots of plugs and USB ports.

During busy times at both the parks and at the resort, there were CMs at the bus stops helping ensure enough buses. Although leaving AK one night, there were already several scooters in line and none at AoA bus stop, so I went to AoA instead. It reminded me of how much I like AoA. I definitely prefer the bright, pastel look of AoA to the earthy greens and browns of Pop. The construction walls on the bridge made it feel a bit claustrophobic but it is still passable. Where I stayed in Pop building 6 would be good for easy access to the gondolas although it was a bit of a walk to Classic Hall.

As I was waiting for the scooter guy, I also realized the other thing that bugs me about Pop -- the music! I switched from pop music to listening almost exclusively to jazz in the mid-1970s. I adore POFQ because I like jazz. But I dislike most of the popular music from the 70s to 90s and so my subconscious hearing of pop music at Pop contributes to a bit of a dislike of Pop. I also dislike the huge popular culture icons all over Pop.

We did Mousekeeping and did not have any security checks while we were in the room. I was in the room while grandsons and husband were at the pool one afternoon. I had the curtains open so I could look at the lake and a security guy walked by but didn't stop and I didn't see him check inside any rooms.

For a park focused trip with the grandsons, Pop was perfect. The renovated rooms are lovely and I very much enjoyed the lake view in building 6. My DH was quite thrilled with the room and the entire Pop experience. He used Lyft with the grandsons a few times when the bus lines were long like the night I went to AoA.

The artisan pizza was quite good!

Oh, we arrived in a rental car that was returned as soon as we were checked in. However, despite our telling the security guard we were not going to keep the car, parking charges for every night appeared on our bill.

My family is coming down to Disney in February. I originally booked a room at POR, but changed to 2 rooms at Pop. We have 3 kids and I think we need the space with 2 rooms. The renovations look amazing in the pictures. I'm so excited to stay here. Last year we were at AoA and my daughter and I walked over to tour the resort. She is looking forward to having her hair done (braids or wraps- not sure). She noticed something and when she found out where we were staying, she asked if she could do it. We have a preferred room. I am hoping for the 50s section because it looks cute, but I only want to request interior connecting rooms. I don't want to make too many requests. LOL. Sorry for my rambling. I am just really excited. I can't wait to experience this resort.

We got back yesterday afternoon..we were in the 70s section which was cool since my sister and I are both 70s babies. We got the top floor, room 6441, which had a view of the lake and it was pretty quiet there. That room had the shower, no tub. We didn’t care about that either way.

The busses were rough but I think it was just because of the crowds. They did send extra busses on some nights. The bus area for Pop at HS is ridiculous though, it’s the furthest one away after you’ve already hoofed it for what feels like 3 miles. (I know it isn’t really 3 miles, seems like it however.)

Managed to score two Halloween mugs which was cool. We have decided that Pop is our favorite value. AoA is adorable but the LM rooms are a hike. Pop is cheaper and we really like the new rooms. We’ll be staying there again.

Just checked in and sad to report....there are no Halloween mugs. There are some people wandering around with them and say they got them last Saturday and they went quickly. I spoke to the gentleman in charge in Everything POP gift shop and he says they were told not to expect more until Halloween but anything is possible. He also said he had been told all resorts were out. However, I did see a post on the Halloween mug thread that someone had seen a few mugs at the Beach Club this afternoon.
We got in on Sunday the 14th and there were some just put out, maybe around noon. They were gone by the end of the week though.

Ok we just got the Halloween mugs at the Boardwalk Bakery. They had a shelf full and CM said they had more!
Also got wonderful cupcakes and a fabulous coconut macaroon.

Stayed at Pop last week in 6144/6145. These are connecting rooms. 6144 has a shower 6145 has a tub. The funny thing was I'd spent lots of time with Touring Plans room finder and debated using them for my room requests. If I'd used them, these are the rooms I would've requested! They are also 1st floor, lake view. It was a quiet location. Only people in rooms beyond us wandered by as anyone else would've already passed the elevators to get to this part of the building. The lake view did not include a view of the gondola construction. There's also no pool in the 70s section, so I think that also keeps it quieter. I didn't experience any downside being on the 1st floor (no critters, no flooding, no people walking above us) and the first floor was very convenient for the scooter.

I had previously stayed at Pop in 2013 and hated it! The renovated rooms are a huge improvement! I happen to like a clean, modern look so the renovation is very much a fit for what I like. I thought there's enough wood tone in the room to keep it warm and the white does give it a clean, fresh feel. A bit more color pop would probably be good. The new TV is gorgeous. I did not notice bus times on the TV -- park hours but not bus times. Loved all the pillows!

With both beds down, it felt a bit cramped. After I figured out how to put the scooter into neutral, it was easier to get it in front of the window. But had to be careful opening the door to not bump into it. I did find myself being very careful moving around the room since I bruise quite easily and the space between the beds was very tight. Lots and lots of plugs and USB ports.

During busy times at both the parks and at the resort, there were CMs at the bus stops helping ensure enough buses. Although leaving AK one night, there were already several scooters in line and none at AoA bus stop, so I went to AoA instead. It reminded me of how much I like AoA. I definitely prefer the bright, pastel look of AoA to the earthy greens and browns of Pop. The construction walls on the bridge made it feel a bit claustrophobic but it is still passable. Where I stayed in Pop building 6 would be good for easy access to the gondolas although it was a bit of a walk to Classic Hall.

As I was waiting for the scooter guy, I also realized the other thing that bugs me about Pop -- the music! I switched from pop music to listening almost exclusively to jazz in the mid-1970s. I adore POFQ because I like jazz. But I dislike most of the popular music from the 70s to 90s and so my subconscious hearing of pop music at Pop contributes to a bit of a dislike of Pop. I also dislike the huge popular culture icons all over Pop.

We did Mousekeeping and did not have any security checks while we were in the room. I was in the room while grandsons and husband were at the pool one afternoon. I had the curtains open so I could look at the lake and a security guy walked by but didn't stop and I didn't see him check inside any rooms.

For a park focused trip with the grandsons, Pop was perfect. The renovated rooms are lovely and I very much enjoyed the lake view in building 6. My DH was quite thrilled with the room and the entire Pop experience. He used Lyft with the grandsons a few times when the bus lines were long like the night I went to AoA.

The artisan pizza was quite good!

Oh, we arrived in a rental car that was returned as soon as we were checked in. However, despite our telling the security guard we were not going to keep the car, parking charges for every night appeared on our bill.

Thank you for your report .... I hope you were able to get those parking charges removed without any issue though!

I hope they restock before Halloween. We show up in 4 days but we leave before Halloween. If we don’t get one it’s no big deal but it would be nice to get one.
We were there for two weeks Sept 26 - Oct 10 and they didn't get the mugs in until the day we checked out :worried: If you see it anywhere, grab it!

The Pop Century Resort Disney gondolas are really coming along on the bridge to the Art of Animation Resort. Here an aerial view 10/21/2018 from bioreconstruct.

DqEb8wzUUAAjM4U.jpg:large

And I remember going by this construction last June 2018, but I didn't realize at the time that they were constructing two new fancy on-ramps to the new entrance to DHS. from bioreconstruct. DHS park is at the top and the new entrance at the top left where the road leads. The two on-ramps are large turnarounds. I can't remember if it is North-South or East-West nor the name of the expressway since I usually use the Disney bus system.

DqEsxK1VAAEwEGS.jpg:large

And the new parking expansion looks large, too. DHS is on the left. The Swan/Dolphin and Epcot's Spaceship Earth at the very top. The new entrance is near the top left. I can barely see the lake and the Disney gondolal DHS station just below the top center area.

44735421_1990858630937489_118321461332017152_n.jpg

Updated 10/25/2018
Driving in Walt Disney World after November 8? Check out this new entrance for guests driving to Disney's Hollywood Studios on the map below. Beginning Nov. 8, 2018, cars will use the new entrance and exit located off of Osceola Parkway. The current main entrance off World Drive and Osceola Parkway will be repurposed for Disney Cast Members only and the satellite entrance on Buena Vista Drive will be dedicated to buses.

When the new entrance opens, drivers will just need to spot one of the many updated roadway signs throughout the Walt Disney World Resort to easily navigate to the Disney Hollywood Studios parking lot. Vehicles coming from southbound Victory Way will also find a connecting road leading to the park.

Keep your eyes peeled for the new signs and safe driving!

Last edited:
The Pop Century Resort Disney gondolas are really coming along on the bridge to the Art of Animation Resort. Here an aerial view 10/21/2018 from bioreconstruct.

DqEb8wzUUAAjM4U.jpg:large

And I remember going by this construction last June 2018, but I didn't realize at the time that they were constructing two new fancy on-ramps to the new entrance to DHS. from bioreconstruct. DHS park is at the top and the new entrance at the top left where the road leads. The two on-ramps are large turnarounds. I can't remember if it is North-South or East-West nor the name of the expressway since I usually use the Disney bus system.

DqEsxK1VAAEwEGS.jpg:large

And the new parking expansion looks large, too. DHS is on the left. The Swan/Dolphin and Epcot's Spaceship Earth at the very top. The new entrance is near the top left. I can barely see the lake and the Disney gondolal DHS station just below the top center area.

DqEpwtlUUAABIWf.jpg

The two new ramps are from Osceola Parkway at the intersection with Victory Way. We drove that way several times last week, and the entire interchange is impressive. Will greatly facilitate traffic in all directions there.

So we are at Pop right now and I'm just wondering whether anyone here now or recently has noticed worms in their rooms? We are in bldg 1 in the 50's and I have flushed at least 5 worms that were going up the bathroom wall. Not bigs worms just small worms, but still worms!

So we are at Pop right now and I'm just wondering whether anyone here now or recently has noticed worms in their rooms? We are in bldg 1 in the 50's and I have flushed at least 5 worms that were going up the bathroom wall. Not bigs worms just small worms, but still worms!
I would contact Guest Services and ask maintenance to take a look. This is not normal in my experience and I'm pretty sure they would want to know.

I would contact Guest Services and ask maintenance to take a look. This is not normal in my experience and I'm pretty sure they would want to know.

Oh my! Never saw a worm in our first floor rooms. Plenty of earthworms came up onto the walkways outside the rooms with rain when we were there but never in the rooms. Were they like earthworms? Ugh. That creeps me out. (Hate snakes and worms more than palmetto bugs lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter