Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on POP reservation site (even though it's more than a year away):

Beginning winter 2020, the Hippy Dippy Pool will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, you can still make a splash at our Bowling Pool and Computer Pool—while little dippers can enjoy our kiddie pool. Also, Petals Pool Bar will be closed and Movies Under the Stars will be offered in an alternate location. You may notice construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but the noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.

Just saw this on POP reservation site (even though it's more than a year away):

Beginning winter 2020, the Hippy Dippy Pool will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, you can still make a splash at our Bowling Pool and Computer Pool—while little dippers can enjoy our kiddie pool. Also, Petals Pool Bar will be closed and Movies Under the Stars will be offered in an alternate location. You may notice construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but the noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.
Wow!! 2 years notice is A LOT of notice!!

I am headed to Florida for a conference, unfortunately it's not at Disney.

I would like to add some days to the end of my conference and was thinking about staying at POP. The resort looks huge, so I would try for a preferred pool view room. That location looks to be very convenient to lobby, bus stop and the pool.

It will just be me, so I do not care about the size of the room. The new renovated rooms look great! I am more concerned about the room location VS the lobby and bus stops.

Where is your favorite location?

How is the bus service?

Pop isn't as big as it seems, IMO. My favorite section is in the 80s-90s area - convenient to a quiet pool and a quick walk to the bus stops, but still far enough away from the main hub to where it's a little quieter than the 60s rooms (which would be preferred pool rooms). I also prefer waking up to see Roger Rabbit and some giant rubix cubes - it's more my speed as far as the aesthetic goes.

Bus service getting to the parks always seems very speedy - coming back can be a chore. Of course, this can be the case at literally any of the resorts. It really depends on exactly when you're coming and going and how many other people are trying to board! I've never had truly terrible bus service when staying at Pop but I know many have. It's not really something to where you can listen to one person's experience and expect that to apply to you.

Thank you. As much as I hate to leave Pop, I guess we are going to have to go to POFQ--that looks like the Mod with the least bus issues for 2 scooters since it only has one bus stop. I'm going to miss Baloo. :(

Hopefully you saw others on the disAbilities thread thought you can get the scooter over by where the connecting door is. I don't know why I couldn't get the scooter over there - my kids (who are older) tend to want to never unpack and live out of their suitcases so maybe that was the issue? What I thought was that once I got the scooter there, there was very little room to move between in and the bed to go back and forth to the restroom area. If anyone has photos of a scooter parked there it would sure help! I had a regular size rental ECV from Gold Mobility. Also try emailing Pop and asking them about it - including what are options if you can't get both in the room - like maybe they'd store and charge for you at the luggage area? or like others do outside the room? WDW.GM.PopCentury@disney.com

I'm hoping you don't have to move although POFQ is one of my fav resorts - you really can't go wrong! :)

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this question, but since we'll be at Pop before I know it, it feels right lol.

We will be ordering groceries. Milk, yogurt, water bottles, juice boxes, possibly beer, and some non perishable breakfast items. I've only used Garden Grocer, but it's just so expensive. What are the pros and cons of Instacart vs. Amazon Prime Now? Do they both deliver alcohol?

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this question, but since we'll be at Pop before I know it, it feels right lol.

We will be ordering groceries. Milk, yogurt, water bottles, juice boxes, possibly beer, and some non perishable breakfast items. I've only used Garden Grocer, but it's just so expensive. What are the pros and cons of Instacart vs. Amazon Prime Now? Do they both deliver alcohol?

Lots of great info in post #1 of this thread.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery-faq.3693570/

My family and I used instacart while staying at OKW this year and found it to be cheaper than garden grocer. We were pleased with them, they keep in contact with you and if something you ordered is not available they message you with alternatives. I really liked that. And yes, they also deliver alcohol, someone over 21 just needs to be there to pick it up with an ID. Never used Amazon before so can't comment on that. Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

@Shellee999 - I've used Amazon Prime Now. I usually find it cheaper than Garden Grocer and usually a better selection (usually). However, I tend to just go with whichever one has the largest number of things we want to order. I've only tried ordering wine once from Amazon Prime Now. I know many others have had no trouble with it. I did not receive my bottle of wine. I entered my phone number, chose a time we would be at the resort, and instructed the delivery person to call me. My groceries were delivered and left with bell services minus my bottle of wine. Apparently I had a lazy delivery person or maybe just someone who didn't read the notes to call me. I should have called Amazon or emailed or something to complain, but I had other, better things to do with my vacation time. I ended up buying a bottle of wine at the gift shop at Animal Kingdom Loge. Pricey, but it was a far better wine than the one I'd ordered! I know lots of other people have used Prime Now for alcohol with no trouble, so hopefully if you give them a try, your luck will be better than mine.

Wow!! 2 years notice is A LOT of notice!!

That is just weird. They rarely give that much notice so it doesn't impact reservations. If it were THIS winter that would explain all those trailers and pods close to that area I told you about.

We land at 7:30 tonight! So excited should we have gotten a text with a room number by now?

Not everyone gets one even if you do online check-in. I haven't gotten about 50% of the time last couple years.

I used Prime Now in August for our Pop stay and it was great - great prices and selection and no problems with the food delivery - I got a similar bit of groceries as you want. I didn't order alcohol though so I don't know about that part.

Packing to leave for Pop is 8 days. I am only carrying on so limited on liquids. I know they don’t provide lotion in the rooms like the mods but can you get some if you request? If so where would you ask - front desk?

When is your conference? I would check availability first as many dates the resort is already completely booked if it’s anytime this year.

It's not until April 2019, so I have some time. I checked on line and there are some rooms left in all the categories.

I like to be in the middle of the action, so I think the 60's preferred pool view would be great. I use a white noise/fan machine at night to sleep, so I should be covered there.

I like that the bus service is dedicated just to Pop and does not share. Getting out from the resort to the parks seems to work well here. If coming back to the resort is bad, I do not mind taking an Uber or Taxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter