• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! Never saw a worm in our first floor rooms. Plenty of earthworms came up onto the walkways outside the rooms with rain when we were there but never in the rooms. Were they like earthworms? Ugh. That creeps me out. (Hate snakes and worms more than palmetto bugs lol).

Yes they were like small earth worms. I spoke to CM at front desk and was just a little annoyed when she immediately responded with "well you know this is Florida..." I said yes I know where I am and I've been to Florida many times and have never had worms in any room before. I thought someone should know.
When I got back to room a few minutes ago it was obvious someone had been in to check. The lights were all turned on and things had definitely been moved around.

So we are at Pop right now and I'm just wondering whether anyone here now or recently has noticed worms in their rooms? We are in bldg 1 in the 50's and I have flushed at least 5 worms that were going up the bathroom wall. Not bigs worms just small worms, but still worms!
Are you in a first floor room? That’s what I usually request, but this has me re-thinking it. We had a centipede in our room last Thanksgiving. My daughter thought it was kind of exciting, actually (we don’t really have centipedes here, and being from Colorado, we are nature enthusiasts). It was only one, and we relocated it outside. I doubt DD or I would be excited to find worms, though. Yuck. (I had a worn once in my shower at home. Not sure how it happened, but it really grossed me out!) I have not read any other reports of worms in the rooms at Pop Century. Glad you alerted them to the problem.

Yes we are in a first floor room and it is a very clean room. Just can't figure out where the worms came from and they were all in same spot on bottom of bathroom wall at different times. Also haven't seen any worms on walkway outside room. Hopefully won't see any more.

So we are at Pop right now and I'm just wondering whether anyone here now or recently has noticed worms in their rooms? We are in bldg 1 in the 50's and I have flushed at least 5 worms that were going up the bathroom wall. Not bigs worms just small worms, but still worms!

We were there 10-11 thru 10-14. On our first day, it rained and was damp. I found a small worm in the bathroom and flushed it. I looked around and never saw any more. I never told my DD about it. I asked for a fan and ran that at night for the sound and to make things more dry. We were on the first floor.

We were there 10-11 thru 10-14. On our first day, it rained and was damp. I found a small worm in the bathroom and flushed it. I looked around and never saw any more. I never told my DD about it. I asked for a fan and ran that at night for the sound and to make things more dry. We were on the first floor.

It actually was raining on Friday afternoon and I found first worm Friday night.

It actually was raining on Friday afternoon and I found first worm Friday night.

We were in room 3152. I don’t expect you to post your room number while you’re there, but thought I’d let you know where we were.

With both beds down, it felt a bit cramped. After I figured out how to put the scooter into neutral, it was easier to get it in front of the window. But had to be careful opening the door to not bump into it. I did find myself being very careful moving around the room since I bruise quite easily and the space between the beds was very tight.

I agree about the scooter and the beds down. I always had to put the bed up to move the scooter in or out of the room. Had one of my kids wanted to sleep in and I wanted to leave early - well it wouldn't have worked if they had been in the pull down bed. I also bumped my leg on that darn bed so many times I probably still have a bruise there from the August trip - lol! I wish the room was just a bit bigger. I saw a few people parking their scooters outside their rooms and plugging them in - first time I've ever seen that and I'm on the one hand surprised Disney let them do it and on the other hand thought I would love to do it myself! ;)

Just got to our room at pop. Our shampoo is completely empty so we are dealing with that. Otherwise I was very happy they could get us a room right away. We need the time to lay down before MNSSHP tonight. We got a room in the 90s on the third floor. We took anything we could get since we wanted a room right away. We are pretty close to the buses so that’s a plus.

So last day at Pop today and it's already off to a shaky start! Did airline check-in at 6:00 am then went back to room to find pile of clothes which somehow didn't make it into suitcase so I ran back to airline check in counter to add items to suitcase and was told I needed my photo ID to get access to my suitcase. Went back to room to get ID and then back to check in desk. Then we got bus to MK for the EMM. That was great experience 10 rides on Peter PanSo we had a FP for LM for 9:00am but decided to go over to HM first and be the first riders but got over ther to find out HM was having a delayed opening and CMs had no idea when ride would open. Sooo we went back over to LM to use our fast passes and it was also down. So now back at POp to hang out at pool and we got a late check out so will be ale to shower and change before leaving.

Thanks, @Sandi and @Lsdolphin. I’m sorry you’ve both experienced the worm problem. I am seriously re-thinking our usual first floor request. Maybe we’ll request an upper floor this trip.

I would still request a first floor...have stayed on first floor many times and never had a problem other than the noise from above and through the walls which can be an issue with any room. No worms yesterday or this am.....

I downloaded the lyft app since we are getting closer and it says I have a 50% off mon-fri next 10 rides with a max savings of $10. Anyone know if this can be used on minnie van?

I downloaded the lyft app since we are getting closer and it says I have a 50% off mon-fri next 10 rides with a max savings of $10. Anyone know if this can be used on minnie van?
I would recommend asking this on the transportation board or, looking around there first. This sounds like a question that might already be answered over there.

Typically they can be used on Minnie vans. I don’t know about this one specifically but usually you can.

I agree about the scooter and the beds down. I always had to put the bed up to move the scooter in or out of the room. Had one of my kids wanted to sleep in and I wanted to leave early - well it wouldn't have worked if they had been in the pull down bed. I also bumped my leg on that darn bed so many times I probably still have a bruise there from the August trip - lol! I wish the room was just a bit bigger. I saw a few people parking their scooters outside their rooms and plugging them in - first time I've ever seen that and I'm on the one hand surprised Disney let them do it and on the other hand thought I would love to do it myself! ;)

I've seen that every time I've stayed at ASMo, Pop and also when we stay at AoA and walk through Pop. I don't see a lot of them being parked/charged outside the room, but I'd say we've seen it at least once a trip on our trips over the last 15 years or so.

Last edited:
I've seen that every time I've stayed at ASMo, Pop and also when we stay at AoA and walk through Pop. I don't see a lot of them being parked/charged outside the room, but I'd say we've seen it at least once a trip on our trips over the last 15 years or so.
We’re at pop now and I’ve seen at least 2-3 outside rooms.

So we found out today that apparently we can’t opt out of housekeeping since we booked through a TA. I wasn’t sure if anyone else knew this but we didn’t know that going in. It’s not a big deal but the gift cards would’ve been nice, plus we didn’t get housekeeping today.

So we found out today that apparently we can’t opt out of housekeeping since we booked through a TA. I wasn’t sure if anyone else knew this but we didn’t know that going in. It’s not a big deal but the gift cards would’ve been nice, plus we didn’t get housekeeping today.

That must be very new. Friends of ours checked in Monday, opted out of housekeeping no problem and booked through a TA. I find it very odd that they would not let you opt out for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter